Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers reveals his plans for 'impressive' Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I really hope so because I'm up to here with Ndidi.  How a Premier League footballer can be so abysmal on the  ball is bizzare. Against Newcastle he couldn't even receive the ball and pass it on under a little bit of pressure. 

I said post Newcastle that I would love it we found a young 25 year old Steven Nzonzi. 6'5, can slot in as a 3rd CB; great passer and extremely composed on the ball. All the things Ndidi can't do, and probably never will be able to.

People say Gray hasn't improved since he came but has Ndidi actually improved in 2 and a half years?

Not sure this needs saying once, never mind twice.

10 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Hahahahaha!  Thanks mate!  Finding myself in an odd situation here, I originally only came on for a nosey when Rodgers left but it's a really good forum with lots of good chat so will hang around if no one objects lol!

The next thing you know, you will be buying a ticket for a match to watch the mighty foxes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

That's what I define as the simple things.

But he doesn't skin the wing-back, dribble past three players, flick the ball over the last defender and curl one in the top corner.

But he does...

His passing is erratic, he can’t really carry the ball, his shooting is dire. 

When you you think about it, he’s actually a rather limited player, who justifies his place in the team purely through his (albeit phenomenal) tackling ability. 

He’s a useful player against better sides pressing high up the pitch, but against sides like Newcastle who are sitting deep I don’t really see a reason to play him. 

Him and Maguire are the main reason why we have struggled to break teams down at home; they both take far too many touches and are too ponderous on the ball. 

It’s a shame though because if he sharpened up a bit and maybe learned to get his head over the ball when he shoots, he’d be a fantastic midfielder. 

• Like 2

On 17/04/2019 at 03:47, henrik_62 said:

Interesting read this, Rodgers done exactly this to Scott Brown, completely simplified his role when he came in and it led to him being completely re-born as a player and winning player of the year and having some of the best stats for a midfielder in the CL the following season.  The season before Brown's legs looked to have gone and be on the way out.

I'd wager he'll turn Ndidi into a beast of a player, given he's a lot younger and a lot more athletic.  That's how I read this anyway and not as a shape up or ship out threat.

Spot on! Puzzled how MattP apparently mis-read "impressive" 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

His passing is erratic, he can’t really carry the ball, his shooting is dire. 

When you you think about it, he’s actually a rather limited player, who justifies his place in the team purely through his (albeit phenomenal) tackling ability. 

He’s a useful player against better sides pressing high up the pitch, but against sides like Newcastle who are sitting deep I don’t really see a reason to play him. 

Him and Maguire are the main reason why we have struggled to break teams down at home; they both take far too many touches and are too ponderous on the ball. 

It’s a shame though because if he sharpened up a bit and maybe learned to get his head over the ball when he shoots, he’d be a fantastic midfielder. 

He's already a fantastic midfielder, just not an all-rounder

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

He needs to up his game like Amartey did 

Everyone young player does.

Can't think of any of our youngsters without room for significant improvement, but each of them (Ricardo, Chilwell, Maddison, Gray, loanee Tielemans, and Ndidi) are fantastic players when on their game. Young players just need CONSISTENCY and that often comes with experience.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

I think we are expecting to much of him at such a young age all ready a good midfielder and has improved every season will only get better .since Tilly  arrival all ready looks better think theirs better to come from him. Talk to fans from other clubs they rate him as a future top player 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, THE INSTRUCTOR said:

I think we are expecting to much of him at such a young age all ready a good midfielder and has improved every season will only get better .since Tilly  arrival all ready looks better think theirs better to come from him. Talk to fans from other clubs they rate him as a future top player 

:appl:

Completely agree.. BUT play to his strengths. He’s a stopper not a playmaker

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

:appl:

Completely agree.. BUT play to his strengths. He’s a stopper not a playmaker

And there’s the conundrum .... Brendan needs wilf to be more like Fernandinho than gueye in the system he wants to employ against the non top six sides. We are yet to see how he intends dealing with that other challenge.