Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jackhasler

Nigel Pearson Interview

On 17/04/2019 at 20:22, Fox92 said:

I will watch this. Pearson interviews are always a great watch. I've got nothing but respect for the man. Met him a few times before some of our games, home and away, always accommodating. 

I don't know if we would have won the Premier league under Big Nige, but I know we definitely wouldn't have won it if he hadn't done what he did

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

A lot of truth in this I think, and it’s goes a little deeper.

In the grand scheme of football, Nige is a decent football coach. He can do a sterling job in the Championship with backing and has enough about him to keep a Premier League team up. The real strength he’s always had really goes beyond the manager archetype. 

Realistically given his own way he acts as a Director of Football on top of a manager. When he came back for the second spell he clearly asked that he be given the last say on all things to do on the sports side of running a club. Sports Science, Sports Psychiatrists, towards the sabremetric scouting and purchasing in lower leagues across Europe, he built an entire infrastructure where managers usually have almost no say. It’s one thing to just be a ‘head coach’ as most managers are, Pearson was a manager in the purest term. It’s quite clear this is absolutely essential to his position, given his record at Derby and Leuven, but it’s a system that literally took us from a team on the down in League One to a Champuonship Play Off team, and then took us from an average Championship team bloated with egos to Champions of the Premier League. 

If Pearson was Spanish or German and had pulled off what he did here over there, his system would be praised as pioneering and it would have been seen with mysticism over here as something that English football just can’t get its head around. As he said in the interview, it isn’t a ‘project’, it’s a total revolution of the system in place. No wonder he’s extremely careful with his jobs because it’s so essential a club is on board with every aspect of his plan if it’s to succeed, and we’re a clear example of how that can work. 

Great post.

24 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

I don't know if we would have won the Premier league under Big Nige, but I know we definitely wouldn't have won it if he hadn't done what he did

I always look at it like this.... We wouldn't have won the Premier League with him in charge but without him we wouldn't even be in the Premier League.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I always look at it like this.... We wouldn't have won the Premier League with him in charge but without him we wouldn't even be in the Premier League.

It's all hypothetical. The fact is Pearson has gone and we need to move on under Brendan and look FORWARD!!

Dragged us out of the dirt and produced a title winning side. His work for us in the championship was truly outstanding. Built an infrastructure that has set the club up for many years to come. The owners deserve great credit for bringing him back

Always a legend at Leicester Nigel

• Like 1