Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jackhasler

Nigel Pearson Interview

Great little interview. Look forward to learning more about him as he's credited with building your title winning team. Thanks again.

This reminded me -- I don’t recall seeing a link to his website on FT?   http://www.nigelpearson.net/

It’s a slick online CV with career highlights and testimonials and a link to his Coaches Voice interview, which is worth reading if you haven’t.  Like most CVs, it’s selective in omitting detail (e.g. none for Derby or last season at Leuven).

The standout high points are his LCFC tours; nothing else rivals them.  IMO, a neutral reading it would not understand why our supporters range from reviling him, to keeping him on a pedestal.  He’s another good football manager, with a mixed record like most, looking for a good gig.

• Thanks 1

Still my favourite Leicester manager of all time. Possibly never will be topped.

As much I'd love him to get a good manager's gig somewhere (as he deserves), I just can't see anything bettering his time with us.

I personally think the club should have him back in some capacity, working in an ambassadorial role like many of the other club legends. Help inspire the new generation and remain part of the Leicester family.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jackhasler said:

We only had a short amount of time unfortunately.

Despite that, he was great, would’ve loved to have chatted for much longer.

Was polar opposite in person to the man he’s often depicted as by sections of the media.

nice to hear. i really enjoyed the interview. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

What I love about Nigel is that he's clearly intelligent, maybe a tad self-indulgent but he really is a great guy. The media issues are due to stress and cracking under pressure and they do not reflect the real man.

He'll always be the guy who made me fall in love with my club again. 

Stop it youll set me off

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

This reminded me -- I don’t recall seeing a link to his website on FT?   http://www.nigelpearson.net/

It’s a slick online CV with career highlights and testimonials and a link to his Coaches Voice interview, which is worth reading if you haven’t.  Like most CVs, it’s selective in omitting detail (e.g. none for Derby or last season at Leuven).

The standout high points are his LCFC tours; nothing else rivals them.  IMO, a neutral reading it would not understand why our supporters range from reviling him, to keeping him on a pedestal.  He’s another good football manager, with a mixed record like most, looking for a good gig.

Its a bit like my CV. Omit the Tesco Shelf stacking but make the job i had at Santander sound like I'm a true professional in the field. 

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Its a bit like my CV. Omit the Tesco Shelf stacking but make the job i had at Santander sound like I'm a true professional in the field. 

I once handled transactions for a multi billion dollar company, I worked at mcdonald’s!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, jackhasler said:

We only had a short amount of time unfortunately.

Despite that, he was great, would’ve loved to have chatted for much longer.

Was polar opposite in person to the man he’s often depicted as by sections of the media.

Good interview I thought.

One of you looked like if you asked the wrong question you was gonna get buried hahaha.

But well done seems like a top bloke I wish we could give him a job maybe under 23s manager until he finds his next path

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jackhasler said:

I recently had the opportunity to interview Nigel Pearson. Would appreciate if anyone could give the video a watch

https://youtu.be/pHhqYkiR5qs

You luckly lad. Probably the manager I'd love to speak to most.

What did he smell like? :ph34r: Also, great interview from the both of yous. 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Haha 1