Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jackhasler

Nigel Pearson Interview

13 hours ago, KingsX said:

This reminded me -- I don’t recall seeing a link to his website on FT?   http://www.nigelpearson.net/

It’s a slick online CV with career highlights and testimonials and a link to his Coaches Voice interview, which is worth reading if you haven’t.  Like most CVs, it’s selective in omitting detail (e.g. none for Derby or last season at Leuven).

The standout high points are his LCFC tours; nothing else rivals them.  IMO, a neutral reading it would not understand why our supporters range from reviling him, to keeping him on a pedestal.  He’s another good football manager, with a mixed record like most, looking for a good gig.

That Coaches Voice interview is Tour de Force. Sounds like an incredible guy to play for. It's not often you see a manager or human who wears their heart on their sleeve like that.

I can understand why people put him on a pedestal.  He inspires strong emotion. I can feel it. Thanks.

14 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Get him in as Director of Football

Talk about undermining your present manager. Start with him first then he picks the rest.

16 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I’ve never understood the negativity toward Nigel. Absolutely great manager and bloke. So he p*ssed off a few old hacks. Good on him they, as a profession, are a proper bunch of *****.

On the contrary, journalists - especially the Midlands pack plus a lot of the main guys (Henry Winter et al) - have plenty of admiration for Pearson and generally got on very well.

We all had the odd run in, me included, but there was a fair amount of mutual respect between him and us.

He rarely ducked a difficult question if it was asked fairly and without an obvious agenda.

I enjoy seeing him around. You always expect a smile and "Eh Up Lad". Good bloke.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I’ve never understood the negativity toward Nigel. Absolutely great manager and bloke. So he p*ssed off a few old hacks. Good on him they, as a profession, are a proper bunch of *****.

Completely agree. Was absolutely fantastic here and if you’re a Leicester fan that enjoys slagging him off I can’t even see how you’re a Leicester fan. Telling a fan to **** off and die and calling a reporter an ostrich is iconic anyway lol

That fan definitely deserved it, if Pearson didn’t tell him where to go I would have thought plenty of other fans sitting round him would have

• Like 1

I like listening to Nigel Pearson's interviews.

But I always come away from them, having learnt absolutely nothing.

He never gives any specific answers, to the sorts of questions you want asking.   Like "What did you say to your son after coming back from Thailand?" or "How did it feel after Leicester won the league?"  or "why did Derby sack you?"   :)

What a great bloke, great integrity and he was at Leicester at a time where we needed that type of manager.  Took us to the prem, created the backbone to the prem winning team, and if he stayed, he would have won the league.

But, I wasn't always a believer in his football tactics at times.  Not being negative, I really hope we never have to have his services again, I believe as a club we have probably gone one step too forward from him.  Wish him better luck, and hope he finds the right club

Without Nige, our club would not be where it is today, with a premier league trophy in the cabinet and now a well established premier league team fighting in the top half of the league. We had some horrific managers between O'Neill and Nige, and without him, I feel that at best, we'd still be fighting in a relegation battle each season. The money from the owners has helped get us where we are, but money is no good without solid foundations on which to build a club. This is exactly what Nige provided for us. He will always be a Leicester legend in my mind. 

42 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Best manager in our history? Probably not. The most important? Definitely. 

Wouldn't be surprised if some fans believe that even Ranieri isn't the club's best-ever manager..

The question is quite debatable - Ranieri, O-Neill and maybe another from the further back decades.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wouldn't be surprised if some fans believe that even Ranieri isn't the club's best-ever manager..

The question is quite debatable - Ranieri O-Neill and maybe another from the further back decades.

Ranieri's achievement was by far the greatest. However, other managers such as O'Neill and Gillies achieved over a more sustained period of time so I understand why there is some debate. 

Edited by BenTheFox

i still absolutely love him, his attitude to the sort of players he wanted to bring in for a long term project was and is still pivotal to our success. Twice he completely re-shaped a team stuff of premaddonas into one of the most hardworking honest Leicester sides we have seen. No more Beckford + Matt Mills. There is reason people like Kasper + Vardy still rave about him.

I hope he realises how appreciated he really is at Leicester by the fan base, always get the impression it slightly hurts him when he talks about us, may be wrong.

Really classy to do interview with what i assume are journalist students as well

Edited by eblair
  • Thanks 1

On 18/04/2019 at 13:11, UpTheLeagueFox said:

On the contrary, journalists - especially the Midlands pack plus a lot of the main guys (Henry Winter et al) - have plenty of admiration for Pearson and generally got on very well.

We all had the odd run in, me included, but there was a fair amount of mutual respect between him and us.

He rarely ducked a difficult question if it was asked fairly and without an obvious agenda.

I enjoy seeing him around. You always expect a smile and "Eh Up Lad". Good bloke.

Got the impression Pat Murphy was not overkeen on him.