Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, sylofox said:

Because you can't you would end up with a ban from the CL and probably from the prem.

Nah - thats UEFA or the FA. Not saying the various "regulators" aren't in cahoots mind!

44 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nah - thats UEFA or the FA. Not saying the various "regulators" aren't in cahoots mind!

I bet fifa have contracts with UEFA and every FA. That game is worth £m's to them.

Remember man u being forced to go.

Edited by sylofox
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think I remember that. Didn't they once not even enter the League Cup? Was that related?

It was the FA Cup. 

First time FA Cup winners didn't defend their title. Darlington got a the place back after being knocked out in round 2.

Edited by Facecloth
Corrected factual error

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

I think I remember that. Didn't they once not even enter the League Cup? Was that related?

They said they could not play the fa cup and the world club cup. The fa told them they had to play both. So fergie played all kids in the fa cup. The fa wanted to charge them. Utd stood and said everyone was a squad player so they had every right.

Hence now teams making ten changes in both cups.

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I bet fifa have contracts with UEFA and every FA. That game is worth £m's to them.

Just now, pds said:

FA Cup

And that was the beginning of the end for the FA Cup.

Man Utd pulling out was a disgrace and that started the demise of the FA Cup IMO.

And then it started being sponsored and all the 'magic of the cup' disappeared almost overnight 

17 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Fair play then - its almost like the game is corrupt...

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I thought he played all kids.

No, they pulled out the thing all together. Darlington lost to Gillingham in Round 2 and we reinstated for Round 3 after being drawn out a pot of the losers from Round 2.

Like @Izzy said Man Utd pulling out was the start of the demise of the Cup, although I think it's picking up a little now. The decision to reinstate Darlington was ridiculous too, you can't progress in a competition you've already lost in. Man Utd should have been drawn and the team they drew given a bye. In this case, Darlington drew Villa, so Villa should have been given the bye.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

Just now, Facecloth said:

No, they pulled out the thing all together. Darlington lost to Gillingham in Round 2 and we reinstated for Round 3 after being drawn out a pot of the losers from Round 2.

Like @Izzy Man Utd pulling out was the start of the demise of the Cup, although I think it's picking up a little now. The decision to reinstate Darlington was ridiculous too, you can't progress in a competition you've already lost in. Man Utd should have been drawn and the team they drew given a bye. In this case, Darlington drew Villa, so Villa should have been given the bye.

It must have been the league cup 2nd round then

Just now, sylofox said:

It must have been the league cup 2nd round then

They always play the kids that anyway. They wouldn't have entered that until round 3 anyway, and quick look shows that lost 3-0 to Villa, so almost certainly played the kids.

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They always play the kids that anyway. They wouldn't have entered that until round 3 anyway, and quick look shows that lost 3-0 to Villa, so almost certainly played the kids.

I'm talking about prior the european clubs missing round two and it was two legs.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

I'm talking about prior the european clubs missing round two and it was two legs.

Well of course they missed round 2 of the league cup, they were in European competition and those clubs never enter the competition until round 3.

Just now, sylofox said:

What 99/2000 got to do with my point. I've not mentioned a year.

Because that was the year Man Utd entered the world club cup and the conversation was regarding them pulling out of domestic cup or playing weakened teams.