Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

And that was the beginning of the end for the FA Cup.

Man Utd pulling out was a disgrace and that started the demise of the FA Cup IMO.

And then it started being sponsored and all the 'magic of the cup' disappeared almost overnight 

In which case the demise started in 1994 with the emergence of Littlewoods, and then AXA, before its resurrection with no main sponsor between 2002-06. ;)

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

In which case the demise started in 1994 with the emergence of Littlewoods, and then AXA, before its resurrection with no main sponsor between 2002-06. ;)

Throw in the start of the PL in '92 and it all adds to the perfect storm around that time. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Facecloth and Sylo having a conversation about two completely different things lol

I'm confused mate. The whole conversation started about Liverpool being in the World Club Cup, and then the subject of Man Utd being in it came up and them pulling out of domestic cup competitions. Then Sylo came in about them entering a weak team into the league cup. The conversation was always about Man Utd and the 1999/2000 season lol 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm confused mate. The whole conversation started about Liverpool being in the World Club Cup, and then the subject of Man Utd being in it came up and them pulling out of domestic cup competitions. Then Sylo came in about them entering a weak team into the league cup. The conversation was always about Man Utd and the 1999/2000 season lol 

I'm with you mate. I think Sylo's having a senior moment lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Not sure if this has been posted.... maybe...

Fj2CBM0ouCEIvv0rYwrJMxZZaVnQE60gizcVT_DUmLI.png?auto=webp&s=857049faffa57e71c0bd5907175210316152a0b4

Quite interesting actually, seems a few groups are forming already. 

At the bottom, the bottom 2 teams are a few points behind already, obviously nothing a few wins couldn't fix.

Then the middle of the table is still fairly tight and close this early on in the year, a win or two can take you anywhere fro 17th up to 5th really. 

4th to 2nd is then only a few points apart and Liverpool currently with a decent gap 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

fancy Watford to win tonight. 

Sounds like Norwich have been struggling to create chances recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if Watford win.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Anyone wanting a better standard of football tonight, Dulwich Hamlet are playing Carlisle on BBC 2.

Tbf this had been entertaining even if its cos they're both a bit shit. 

Deulofeu is having his one in ten decent game, Norwich are at least fun going forwards, there's goals in this. 

Rather watch this than some stale United game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Deulofeu is having his one in ten decent game, Norwich are at least fun going forwards, there's goals in this. 

I was just making a cheap joke tbf, I'm actually watching Norwich Watford myself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Decent to watch, but you can see why both are where they are in the league.