Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

All of those options suit the big clubs and are to the detriment of the smaller clubs, rich getting richer and the smaller clubs can do one!

If the big clubs are unhappy, protest to uefa about to many European games - go back to a straight knock out competition.

Exactly, or keep playing your reserves like everyone does. If we were in Europe next season, we would struggle to keep playing competitively in the PL and League Cup alongside the European competition.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

But there's two sides to this trying to keep a player who sees his future elsewhere is impossible as we've seen with Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Mcguire.

Players could 'treble wages' elsewhere

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers admits his side cannot compete financially with the elite clubs and understands that players may seek greater fortune elsewhere.

Rodgers’ star players, like James Maddison and Ben Chilwell , are being linked to the Premier League’s heavyweights ahead of the January transfer window.

City lost Harry Maguire to Manchester United in the summer, having seen N’Golo Kante, Danny Drinkwater and Riyad Mahrez leave for Chelsea and Manchester City over recent seasons.

Leicester will likely face a battle to keep hold of their high-profile players again, and Rodgers cannot deny the appeal of the wealthier clubs.

“The reality is we will never be able to pay,” he said before City’s win over Crystal Palace. “We will never be able to pay what some of these guys can get at some of those clubs. You can leave here and double or treble your wages."

Its simple really. Over charge them for transfer fees and put a team salary cap in place thats manageable and fair. You cant look at the top 3 and say " well given they currently have an average for 250k per week per player ..." set a realistic weekly hard salary cap based on all prem league teams. This will keep players from jumping ship. Oh you want to go to united for 40k a week or stay at leicester for 100k? Hmmmmm always dreamed of being a Leicester player huh?!?! Lol

It will ensure a competitive league thats for sure.

Edited by Jattdogg

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Mixed feelings about Son's red card being overturned. There's no way his tackle was a red, but he got away with that outrageous dive in the first half, so VAR's two wrongs made a right. 

As if it needed to look even more shite.

Was it really Son who caused the injury? Judging by these pictures, Gomes twists his foot right after the challenge, getting stuck in the grass.

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

https://www.ad.nl/privacy-gate/accept?redirectUri=%2fbuitenlands-voetbal%2fgenade-voor-son-geen-schorsing-na-beenbreuk-gomes~a4801e01%2f&pwv=2&pws=functional|analytics|content_recommendation|targeted_advertising|social_media&days=3650&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

• Sad 1

Or teams could just use their whole squad and stop moaning. Boo hoo Liverpool have to field 2 different squads. Its what happens when you are playing well. Look at it as an opportunity for your squad players to get some game time and a chance for some youth players to get the feeling of playing for your first team in order to inspire them to improve.

Even with Prem fixtures. No reason why we cant start the likes of Justin, Iheanacho or Albrighton etc. Players that are more than capable and will chomp at the bit to force a decision from Rodgers on playing them more.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Was it really Son who caused the injury? Judging by these pictures, Gomes twists his foot right after the challenge, getting stuck in the grass.

That's my point. The foul alone deserved a yellow card, he was only sent off because of the injury which was bad luck. But had he rightly been booked for a dive, two correct decisions would've seen him sent off anyway.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I haven’t rewatched the incident but a fair few people were saying Auriers challenge was excessive but it doesn’t look like it from those stills. 

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's a difficult one. Without starting earlier (and the PL is already one of the earliest European leagues to start) or not having a winter break, there is no way to fit all fixtures in without causing a pile up. You could always remove PL teams from the League Cup or scrap it altogether? Abolish replays of FA Cup games in any round (currently not until the 5th Round is it?). Play the FA Cup in midweek. etc etc etc

We should never have had the winter break anyway, we were fine for like a billion years until Klopp came in and started moaning. 

The Premier League should have told these cvnts to shut up or **** off. 

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Mixed feelings about Son's red card being overturned. There's no way his tackle was a red, but he got away with that outrageous dive in the first half, so VAR's two wrongs made a right. 

As if it needed to look even more shite.

I think the bought the crying act. 

He tripped the guy cynically. 99/100 nothing happens. But if you're gonna leg someone over you take a risk. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Looks like the bloke didn't really wanted to hurt him. He just stood there tapping it on his shoulder. If he wanted to do it he would stab him immediately, no questions asked. 

Weird situation overall. I would have shat myself so fair play to Kolasinac. Slavs are some hard bastards.

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can someone point out to Klopp moaning about fixture congestion. 

That is largely down to: 

1) the large clubs like Liverpool wanting a bloated Champions League 

Too fvcking right. The second round takes place over four separate midweeks which is frankly ridiculous.

If you made the Champions League straight knockout over two legs you could reduce the amount of games and spread it wider over the season- but they wouldn't want to lose that revenue, of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Looks like the bloke didn't really wanted to hurt him. He just stood there tapping it on his shoulder. If he wanted to do it he would stab him immediately, no questions asked. 

Weird situation overall. I would have shat myself so fair play to Kolasinac. Slavs are some hard bastards.

Everyone from Eastern Europe is hard as fvck I swear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50324332

"A large number of them have expressed their concerns about an increase in the amount of competitions they are playing every season," it added in a statement.

What new competitions are they playing in, especially Premier League players? Haven't other countries' reduced their domestic schedule by removing some cup competitions?

Pep Guardiola: "You’ve got to take your hats off to Atalanta. We see them play week in week out, we know how good they are.

"Ask teams in Serie A. They’ll tell you how hard they are to face"

After 1-1 draw in CL 

We played them off the park pre-season. shows what a decent result and pointer for what was to come that was.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Admittedly happened in the CL, but this feels cringey and I'm not a fan of it. If he's apologised in private there's no need for public displays like this, seems to be to gain sympathy for himself 

Absolutely is. 

Absconds him of responsibility and creates a public facade of humility. 

If he's sorry then go and speak to Gomes. There is zero reason for that kind of behaviour. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Absolutely is. 

Absconds him of responsibility and creates a public facade of humility. 

If he's sorry then go and speak to Gomes. There is zero reason for that kind of behaviour. 

I see your point but he's in the public eye. To be seen to be sorry is good role model behaviour. If an U12 player goes down in pain this weekend, is the tackler who saw that more likely to give the ref the 'he dived' sign or check to see if the player's ok? I'd say the latter. Whether or not Son is a egotist, I'd say that's a good thing. It's pure conjecture, I know, but I just thought of a potential positive really.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Maybe he has already? 

Why can't he do both? Hardly 'zero reason' either. 

It's somewhat cringe but it's not exactly the worst thing to do after scoring a goal. Maybe he is really just that sorry that he's played a part in affecting a fellow professional's career so much. He might just feel really bad about it?! I think many football fans realise they're just human at the end of the day and footballers do genuinely have feelings... 

• Like 3

On 06/11/2019 at 07:17, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can someone point out to Klopp moaning about fixture congestion. 

That is largely down to: 

1) the large clubs like Liverpool wanting a bloated Champions League 

2) their previous moaning about the schedule which has seen the PL implement this peculiar winter break 

3) Liverpool played pre season largely in America 

Another manager whom I used to like but now has turned into a moaner, and yet squads are big, pitches are fantastic, players have all the support staff they could wish for, all the whining is very tedious.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maybe he has already? 

Why can't he do both? Hardly 'zero reason' either. 

It's somewhat cringe but it's not exactly the worst thing to do after scoring a goal. Maybe he is really just that sorry that he's played a part in affecting a fellow professional's career so much. He might just feel really bad about it?! I think many football fans realise they're just human at the end of the day and footballers do genuinely have feelings... 

Tbf these things usual get out when a player visits another player after injury, and I've heard no reports of it. Not saying that's proof that Son hasn't been to see Gomes but it would be unusual if he had and it hadn't been made public knowledge in some way.

As for the apology to the camera, I have no problem with that in general, but this Spurs team have a reputation for cringy, OTT, play up to the camera, bullshit celebrations. They're all about the show, all about social media, going viral and getting likes, so I can't take it seriously when that club does that, I just see it as fake.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We should never have had the winter break anyway, we were fine for like a billion years until Klopp came in and started moaning. 

The Premier League should have told these cvnts to shut up or **** off. 

Winter break is a good idea, if you didn't already have a fixture pile up. Works well in Germany but they can afford to not play for 4 weeks without causing a massive fixture pile up. All the PL has done is take one weekend of playing away and added that fixture into an already busy month. And it's not really a winter break, it's a weekend off. Just ridiculous, it's not a solution.