Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf these things usual get out when a player visits another player after injury, and I've heard no reports of it. Not saying that's proof that Son hasn't been to see Gomes but it would be unusual if he had and it hadn't been made public knowledge in some way.

As for the apology to the camera, I have no problem with that in general, but this Spurs team have a reputation for cringy, OTT, play up to the camera, bullshit celebrations. They're all about the show, all about social media, going viral and getting likes, so I can't take it seriously when that club does that, I just see it as fake.

Exactly this, apologies are fine, but as you pointed out this Spurs team is all about flashy celebrations and showing up to the camera. It's gone viral and Son comes out of this well, rather being targeted by fans for his poor tackle, 

which was probably the aim. 

It's cringe and feels put on for the public rather than genuine, hence why I made the original post.

8 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I see your point but he's in the public eye. To be seen to be sorry is good role model behaviour. If an U12 player goes down in pain this weekend, is the tackler who saw that more likely to give the ref the 'he dived' sign or check to see if the player's ok? I'd say the latter. Whether or not Son is a egotist, I'd say that's a good thing. It's pure conjecture, I know, but I just thought of a potential positive really.

Fully disagree, if an u12 player fouls another they aren't going to rush to check on them because they've seen Son apologise to a camera. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf these things usual get out when a player visits another player after injury, and I've heard no reports of it. Not saying that's proof that Son hasn't been to see Gomes but it would be unusual if he had and it hadn't been made public knowledge in some way.

As for the apology to the camera, I have no problem with that in general, but this Spurs team have a reputation for cringy, OTT, play up to the camera, bullshit celebrations. They're all about the show, all about social media, going viral and getting likes, so I can't take it seriously when that club does that, I just see it as fake.

The bloke got injured on Sunday, had surgery Monday and was out of hospital and - presumably - back home in the North-West by Tuesday. Son, on the other hand, was back in London after the match, presumably training on Monday and travelling to bleedin' Serbia in preparation for their CL match yesterday. Even if he wanted to go and see him its unlikely he would've had the time to do so. Seeing as footballers all seem to be using WhatsApp nowadays he probably sent him a message on there and had a call or video chat with him in private, which wouldn't necessarily get leaked.

The apology to the camera is a bit cringey but there's no harm in doing it at all. 

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Admittedly happened in the CL, but this feels cringey and I'm not a fan of it. If he's apologised in private there's no need for public displays like this, seems to be to gain sympathy for himself 

Over the past couple years he's fast becoming one of my most disliked footballers. 

Edited by z-layrex

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Over the past couple years he's fast becoming one of my most disliked footballers. 

He's a brilliant player, but, it's the play acting, the simulation and the stupid celebrations. If he wants to become even better, he needs to cut all that crap out. 

You look at the best players in the world; Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski, you don't see any of the shit Son does. Especially when things aren't going well, this is the type of thing that people then focus on.

Thought the story went that Ronaldo (Portugese one I am assuming) started with all the crap at Man Utd, but Ferguson soon knocked that out of him.

11 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Absolutely is. 

Absconds him of responsibility and creates a public facade of humility. 

If he's sorry then go and speak to Gomes. There is zero reason for that kind of behaviour. 

Public displays of regret for something that happened in public seem okay to me. I'm not a huge fan but this doesn't seem calculated. I've seen a bit of public displays of regret in South Korean culture/media. Seems a bit much to me but genuine and cultural nonetheless.

16 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

OFC Champions League winners Hyehen Sport are in the World Club Cup. Scenes if a team with this badge ends up playing Liverpool 

FB5AA008-1F42-47FB-B3D1-A88D854029CC.png

Sat at my desk cracking up at the thought of a passionate celebration complete with badge kissing with this MS Paint wonder.

18 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

OFC Champions League winners Hyehen Sport are in the World Club Cup. Scenes if a team with this badge ends up playing Liverpool 

That badge is brilliant :clap: primary school paint job!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Admittedly happened in the CL, but this feels cringey and I'm not a fan of it. If he's apologised in private there's no need for public displays like this, seems to be to gain sympathy for himself 

Imagine the outrage if Vardy was involved in something like that? There would be petitions for the guy to be deported.

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

Imagine the outrage if Vardy was involved in something like that? There would be petitions for the guy to be deported.

Hamza. He made a poor tackle on Salah and unfortunately Salah got his ankle caught and sprained it for a week, yet he's been hounded as a dirty player and various other racial slurs. 

Son's challenge led to a freak injury, yet he's been given sympathy. It's what I don't get

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hamza. He made a poor tackle on Salah and unfortunately Salah got his ankle caught and sprained it for a week, yet he's been hounded as a dirty player and various other racial slurs. 

Son's challenge led to a freak injury, yet he's been given sympathy. It's what I don't get

We're Leicester get used to it. Remember vardy dive and red card. Penalties for grappling in the box to make an example of us when new rules introduced

42 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think the difference was Son genuinely looked sorry. Crying etc. Whilst Hamza it was a bit obvious he wasn't that bothered. I'm sure we'd have something to say if it was Eric Dier cropping Vardy which led to sprained ankle. Especially if he's done it a few times.

Not saying anything bad about Hamza but from an outsiders point of view you can see why they might be upset. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I think the difference was Son genuinely looked sorry. Crying etc. Whilst Hamza it was a bit obvious he wasn't that bothered. I'm sure we'd have something to say if it was Eric Dier cropping Vardy which led to sprained ankle. Especially if he's done it a few times.

Not saying anything bad about Hamza but from an outsiders point of view you can see why they might be upset. 

Son looked upset because his challenge led to a guy snapping his ankle. Hamza sprained Salah's ankle, if he started crying at that he'd be crying after every tackle he made. 

Klopp started the "Hamza is dirty" campaign and encouraged the Liverpool loonies to start, whereas the media story is "Poor Son" rather than anything else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Son looked upset because his challenge led to a guy snapping his ankle. Hamza sprained Salah's ankle, if he started crying at that he'd be crying after every tackle he made. 

Klopp started the "Hamza is dirty" campaign and encouraged the Liverpool loonies to start, whereas the media story is "Poor Son" rather than anything else. 

Of course but I mean he didn't really apologise to Salah did he? Or did he ? I can't remember but sure he just kinda walked away without showing much remorse. Then you have to think he as a history of some pretty "hard" tackles which have injured other players. I mean I love the lad but he does go into challenges very hard and if you was a manager you would be kind of pissed off that he's injured your star man which kind of looked a bit more cynical. That tackle on Salah never looked like he was getting the ball.

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Its all about misdirection, why talk about Mane or Salah being constant divers when you can:

- Give the media some lower level toe rag to crucify whilst they promote a top 6 club

- Give the top 6 fans a pariah to burn rather asking questions about the performance of said club

- Make a lot of (frankly unchristian - spirit of at least) comments about other teams players without basis (Whilst carelessly damaging promotion of Asian footballers in this league)

The age of considered response is dead. Love live trial by social media.

Think Trump might be on to something....:ph34r:

Oi! **** off to the poliitics thread

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Corky said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50324332

"A large number of them have expressed their concerns about an increase in the amount of competitions they are playing every season," it added in a statement.

What new competitions are they playing in, especially Premier League players? Haven't other countries' reduced their domestic schedule by removing some cup competitions?

Should be more aimed at UEFA and FIFA. Want to add more CL games, extended the Nations League, extending the international tournaments and now introducing a huge world club cup 

8 hours ago, Christoph said:

Of course but I mean he didn't really apologise to Salah did he? Or did he ? I can't remember but sure he just kinda walked away without showing much remorse. Then you have to think he as a history of some pretty "hard" tackles which have injured other players. I mean I love the lad but he does go into challenges very hard and if you was a manager you would be kind of pissed off that he's injured your star man which kind of looked a bit more cynical. That tackle on Salah never looked like he was getting the ball.

You're quick to forget that the situation was created by Salah cynically fouling Soyuncu to get the ball, and getting away with it (a homer ref).  Like Hamza, I have no problem with him ending up injured; it was poetic justice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deep blue said:

You're quick to forget that the situation was created by Salah cynically fouling Soyuncu to get the ball, and getting away with it (a homer ref).  Like Hamza, I have no problem with him ending up injured; it was poetic justice.

Not sure I would ever call it justice, it was a tactical foul. Nothing more, nothing less. You see loads pretty much every game. :dunno:

Christ, Lord Pep has built a whole strategy around them lol

11 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Wow. This must be intentionally bad, surely? Maybe the designer was a fan of their local rivals. Still doesn't explain how it was approved.

I'd love to see a beautifully embroidered version of this on a shirt. Can you imagine this in all its glory on the glass face of the west stand? All lit up nicely at night. Lovely stuff.

• Haha 1