Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Next season is starting to take shape, we now know 19/20 clubs taking part.

We farewell Huddersfield, Fulham and almost certainly Cardiff and Welcome Norwich and Sheffield United back to the top flight.

There is set to be an absolutely amazing Play Off series with some Massive clubs and one small one from down the road looking to return.

Leeds, Villa, Derby, WBA would all add more to the league than those going the other way.

Early predictions Brighton need to do some serious investing and perhaps a change in manager if they are to avoid being next seasons Huddersfield.

Both Norwich and Sheffield United have had great seasons but will need some investments over summer to compete.

At the other end all of Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal will need big changes to challenge Man City and Liverpool and if Chelsea lose Hazard with a transfer ban they could slip down allowing ourselves and Wolves or Everton to have a real go at joining the top 6 if we can find consistency.

Bring on what should be a great year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to Sheffield Utd being back. Always had a soft spot for them for some reason.

I honestly cannot see anyone getting close to Liverpool and City again next season, the 4 clubs below them need 1-2 seasons of smart recruitment to challenge again imo..

Brighton have bombed massively but I'm not so sure it will continue next season. Prior to this alarming slump, they looked in great nick as a mid table club and in the latter stages of the FA Cup. 

It would be interesting to hear from Brighton fans what they think, if the season was another 4-5 games I think they'd go down though so something has gone wrong. Hope they sort it pit as I like Chris Hughton and really thought he was underrated. Would hate to see him sacked, but no doubt he would get another team promoted again. He is one of the most effective managers in the Championship.

• Like 1

The race for the top 4 next season will be pretty boring. I can see City and Liverpool finishing 1st and 2nd again, Spurs consolidating 3rd, but maybe getting closer. Arsenal will improve and will finish 4th.  Chelsea and Utd should finish top 6 but with a transfer embargo and Hazard leaving and if OGS is still in charge at Utd  after the summer, I can see the gap between 4th and 5th widening but the gap between 6th and 7th narrowing.  There is every chance that one or both of Chelsea and Utd could drop out of the top 6. It effectively means the top 6 becomes a top 8 where most of the quality reside. We are well placed to take advantage of that but we need stability next season. Our foundation makes us best placed at this time to seriously challenge the top 6, but it will be tough.  Wolves and Everton can equally say that they are close and with some consistency, you'd have to acknowledge Watford and West Ham should be in the mix too.

Target for us should be 60pts or very close. Just concentrate on our game and don't worry about anyone else.

At the other end, Brighton have gone from OK to poor which is a direction which will be worrying for their fans. I can see them going.  Bournemouth too... As much as there is a love in from some on here about Eddie Howe, I just don't see that they have enough quality.  Add to that one of the promoted teams and there's your bottom 3. 

I don't expect Southampton to struggle as much next season. Burnley, Palace and Newcastle will all be fine. Those three with Norwich will compete for the top of the bottom half 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sishades said:

The goal for us next season is to stop losing at home to basket case clubs fighting relegation. 8 defeats at home is atrocious, with Arse and Chelski still to play.

The annoying part is that you'd fancy us to beat Arsenal and Chelsea at home more than Newcastle and Burnley. 

I think if Rafa stays at Newcastle (which means he would have been given some money to spend) they could have a very good season. I watched both Sheffield Utd and Norwich yesterday, both played entertaining football be interesting to see how they get on. Norwich definitely need a stronger defence but will score a few. 

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Next season is starting to take shape, we now know 19/20 clubs taking part.

We farewell Huddersfield, Fulham and almost certainly Cardiff and Welcome Norwich and Sheffield United back to the top flight.

There is set to be an absolutely amazing Play Off series with some Massive clubs and one small one from down the road looking to return.

Leeds, Villa, Derby, WBA would all add more to the league than those going the other way.

Early predictions Brighton need to do some serious investing and perhaps a change in manager if they are to avoid being next seasons Huddersfield.

Both Norwich and Sheffield United have had great seasons but will need some investments over summer to compete.

At the other end all of Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal will need big changes to challenge Man City and Liverpool and if Chelsea lose Hazard with a transfer ban they could slip down allowing ourselves and Wolves or Everton to have a real go at joining the top 6 if we can find consistency.

Bring on what should be a great year.

Just because they are traditionally big clubs doesn't mean they would add more. What it might mean is that we would find it even more difficult to remain in the top half of the league.

The top 6 will spend massive amounts of money in the summer. Chelsea's ban will almost certainly be delayed and they have already spent over 50 million on one player.

Outside the top 6 clubs will need to invest very serious money or recruit with a lot of luck to make a real challenge.

If Leeds or Villa were to get promoted they would immediatley become direct rivals to us in player recruitment.

I'm afraid I just don't get the argument that big clubs offer more. I find it refreshing that clubs such as Huddersfield and Bournemouth can make it to the top flight. After all, as we should know and realise only too well, supporting a club is all about dreaming of success.

• Like 3

If we get Tielemans, another top striker and we don't lose anyone then I reckon we can sneak 6th. I can see United bombing next season unless they recruit really well and Chelsea can't recruit and probs won't have Hazard to bail them out every week. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, reynard said:

Just because they are traditionally big clubs doesn't mean they would add more. What it might mean is that we would find it even more difficult to remain in the top half of the league.

The top 6 will spend massive amounts of money in the summer. Chelsea's ban will almost certainly be delayed and they have already spent over 50 million on one player.

Outside the top 6 clubs will need to invest very serious money or recruit with a lot of luck to make a real challenge.

If Leeds or Villa were to get promoted they would immediatley become direct rivals to us in player recruitment.

I'm afraid I just don't get the argument that big clubs offer more. I find it refreshing that clubs such as Huddersfield and Bournemouth can make it to the top flight. After all, as we should know and realise only too well, supporting a club is all about dreaming of success.

Better to have a closer, more competitive league full of clubs who can directly challenge each other rather than clubs that really struggle to keep up like Huddersfield have this season. Of course it's a great story to have an unfavoured 'smaller' team getting promoted, but if the league is full of clubs capable of challenging each other it'll make for a more interesting season and will challenge us to be better. 

• Like 1

I’m looking forward a bigger local contingent in the Prem. It May be controversial but I’m hoping Derby come up. 

Next season I’d love whoever doesn’t make it out of the play offs to come up or Forest, Stoke or Sheff W. 

The more local(ish) rivalry, the better.

I won’t miss the 3 going down and wouldn’t miss Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace or Southampton if they were replaced by big clubs from the Midlands/Yorkshire 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

I’m looking forward a bigger local contingent in the Prem. It May be controversial but I’m hoping Derby come up. 

Next season I’d love whoever doesn’t make it out of the play offs to come up or Forest, Stoke or Sheff W. 

The more local(ish) rivalry, the better.

I won’t miss the 3 going down and wouldn’t miss Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace or Southampton if they were replaced by big clubs from the Midlands/Yorkshire 

Really?  Huddersfield and Fulham are great away days.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I reckon us, Wolves and Everton will all be a lot nearer to Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd than this year.

Apart from Liverpool and Manchester City who are both far more better than the rest, the other 4 top 6 sides are poor. Spurs have lost 12 games already ffs. If Chelsea lose Hazard too their investment will be interesting.

We should be looking to push top 6 and reach at least one semi-final of the League Cup or FA Cup.