Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

25 minutes ago, Shane said:

lol 

I don't understand how he's been given this long, minus the obvious of him being a United hero. He's not improved the style, he's not reduced the "dead wood" in the side either and hasn't majorly improved defence or attack. He's spent £130mill on 2 defenders and they still look shakey at the back. Admittedly they're missing Pogba in the middle, but he's hardly a game changer for them.

Leicester are constantly hit with "if Vardy gets injured they're buggered" but if United lose Rashford, where do their already low goals come from? 

The tackle by son was a silly one, not tactical he did it because he had the mardy over him being fouled and not getting what he wanted. Obviously didn’t go out to hurt him like this but still reckless as he chased him down to deliberately foul Gomez. It might play on his mind for a long time and could struggle to find his form again this season. 

I don't get why Liverpool are so bothered, admittedly they've a lot of games but the Club World Cup is a series of glorified friendlies for any European side, we don't view it the same way South Americans do, for example. Just send the bloody ressies and stop moaning.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Liverpool are having to play 2 separate teams in the Club World Cup and the EFL Cup against Villa. 

Could be very good news for our Boxing Day fixture...

Interesting to see what team goes to Qatar. Think we'll benefit most if all or their main first team players go there..

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

The situations aren't comparable. Ranieri was 17th and the team hadn't scored for six matches. Pochettino is mid-table, still in contention in the Champions League, there is no threat to Tottenham's immediate future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

I don't get why Liverpool are so bothered, admittedly they've a lot of games but the Club World Cup is a series of glorified friendlies for any European side, we don't view it the same way South Americans do, for example. Just send the bloody ressies and stop moaning.

I have Brazilian friends who love to remind me about the times their teams have beaten Liverpool et al in these games. They can’t seem to comprehend that English clubs don’t care in the slightest. 

I thought VAR was there to review games as they went along, so why has it taken two days to rescind the red for Son? It's meant eradicate errors that lead to the teams being at a disadvantage due to poor refereeing decision. We should no longer have games where player are or aren't sent off when they should or shouldn't be. Tottenham have played a chunk of that game with 10 men and possibly cost the a win.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I thought VAR was there to review games as they went along, so why has it taken two days to rescind the red for Son? It's meant eradicate errors that lead to the teams being at a disadvantage due to poor refereeing decision. We should no longer have games where player are or aren't sent off when they should or shouldn't be. Tottenham have played a chunk of that game with 10 men and possibly cost the a win.

I think Tottenham appealed yesterday so they've reviewed it today.

42 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Liverpool are having to play 2 separate teams in the Club World Cup and the EFL Cup against Villa. 

Could be very good news for our Boxing Day fixture...

Just had a look and it looks highly likely they will play the Mexican side Monterrey in the Semi Final. Good news for us as they'll probably play a weaker side against Villa in the League Cup and hopefully they'll play the final a few days before coming to Leicester to play our Boxing Day fixture. 

40 minutes ago, Corky said:

The situations aren't comparable. Ranieri was 17th and the team hadn't scored for six matches. Pochettino is mid-table, still in contention in the Champions League, there is no threat to Tottenham's immediate future.

So what you're saying is, if Poch gets them in the relegation zone (🤞), then they'll sack him and he'll get a nice payoff. 

10 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Isn’t poch going to get something like 30 mil if they sack him? 

Yes. Levy thought he could get a fee of this size if they decided to allow him to move to another club so that is the “buyout” in his recently signed contract  . As he seems likely to get the push they will have to pay up and a prospective employer will get him for nothing . So a 60 mill hit for the spuds ! ( if he’s sacked which I’m guessing he won’t be( 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Yes. Levy thought he could get a fee of this size if they decided to allow him to move to another club so that is the “buyout” in his recently signed contract  . As he seems likely to get the push they will have to pay up and a prospective employer will get him for nothing . So a 60 mill hit for the spuds ! ( if he’s sacked which I’m guessing he won’t be( 

That is brilliant!