Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

8 hours ago, Langston said:

Deulofeu is ****ing crap, I cant believe I've seen his name mentioned as a target on here recently, a proper GOALS | SKILLS | DRIBBLES | ASSISTS suggestion. He's garbage.

Yeah he doesn't strike me as having the work ethic and teamwork to succeed here. 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Norwich have been appalling for weeks now, quite surprising as although I never thought they'd be as effective as Sheff Utd I thought their style of play would get them a fair few wins. It looks very ominous for them.

Same. They had such a strong start to the season - perhaps not the result against Liverpool but definitely the performance.

@Dan LCFC mentioned on another forum it is very similar to our start in 2014/15. Put teams to the test and beat Utd in a very entertaining game in middle of September. Then went on a horrid run for a few months. Exactly the same seems to be happening with Norwich - flying start, beat a big club in style, go shit.

I had promise for them as well but they're really failing now. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Same. They had such a strong start to the season - perhaps not the result against Liverpool but definitely the performance.

@Dan LCFC mentioned on another forum it is very similar to our start in 2014/15. Put teams to the test and beat Utd in a very entertaining game in middle of September. Then went on a horrid run for a few months. Exactly the same seems to be happening with Norwich - flying start, beat a big club in style, go shit.

I had promise for them as well but they're really failing now. 

Exactly my thoughts- a good enough start from tough matches culminating in a memorable victory, then a run of supposed lighter games and no wins, plenty of defeats and little attacking punch. Two goals since that game and both consolations in heavy defeats. Last night would've been tough to take.

Will they risk spending big in January?

It's not that long ago that Norwich had to sell Maddison because they needed the money. Can't see them spending big in January even though they need a couple of good defenders. 

They'll probably risk going down in order to pocket the PL money, and hope they come straight back up. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

It's not that long ago that Norwich had to sell Maddison because they needed the money. Can't see them spending big in January even though they need a couple of good defenders. 

They'll probably risk going down in order to pocket the PL money, and hope they come straight back up. 

Guess their risk is the talented players they have staying at the club; reckon a few would be poached and they'd need to rebuild