Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Real intentions..some fans don't have the b#lls

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh good plan. Don't sell any players and spend a load on new signings. And then the day comes that Top/Kp want to move on and what are we left with? Portsmouth. A club who spent beyond their means and end up being ruined. Top wont bankroll us forever and Vichai always said he wanted the club to be self sufficient. Of course we all want success and to win trophies and get into top 6 etc but we have to be realistic about the financial side of the club. Many top top clubs eventually lose their players and so long as we keep up with the thing of not selling more than 1 key player a season then we will keep building nicely. Like someone else said, selling Mahrez bought us Ricardo and Maddison. Selling Harry could get us Tielemans and a top winger. We could pick another centre back up for around the £20m mark that would be more than good enough. If we get an offer of £60m or more then we should sell. However we could try and play hardball and get as much money as possible as he will probably be wanted by at least 2 of the top 6.

Portsmouth is a pointless and useless comparison. They weren't earning billions in the league with a global fan base with the ability to borrow at record low rates in a benign global economy. Leicester are a well run club that need to invest to take the next step forward. it is possible to take on debt and still manage your business well. It's called growth.

when did I say don't sell any players? If someone bid £80m for Maguire I'd drive him to his new club

20 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Portsmouth is a pointless and useless comparison. They weren't earning billions in the league with a global fan base with the ability to borrow at record low rates in a benign global economy. Leicester are a well run club that need to invest to take the next step forward. it is possible to take on debt and still manage your business well. It's called growth.

when did I say don't sell any players? If someone bid £80m for Maguire I'd drive him to his new club

Its not a pointless comparison as if we were to get relegated then we wouldnt be earning the money we are now. Whilst we have a good squad and are building nicely, there will always be the worry that we could get relegated. Every team outside the top 6 will always have that worry. 

I want us to keep signing top players and in an ideal world would love us to keep all of our top players but unfortunately that world doesn't exist. 

• Like 1

the thais always said euro qualifucatiin was our goal.  To do this we need to hire players who can tajes us there. .. develop the pkayers we have and retain the ones we need.   Right now vardy looks irreplaceable. .  Rogers wil need to think about that. Maguire can go if he doesnt want to play for us and the mobey is right..... but we must improve our spending performance. 

I know for sure that some top six club are looking at how they measure and optimise their spending performance. .... we clearly need this approach

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Its not a pointless comparison as if we were to get relegated then we wouldnt be earning the money we are now. Whilst we have a good squad and are building nicely, there will always be the worry that we could get relegated. Every team outside the top 6 will always have that worry. 

I want us to keep signing top players and in an ideal world would love us to keep all of our top players but unfortunately that world doesn't exist. 

Yeah agreed. I think we've converged to the same point lol but saying it a bit differently

• Haha 1

If the deal is sell Maguire to release the finances to sign Yuri and 1 other quality player then yes, absolutely. I’d drive him to wherever myself. 

Thats nothing personal, I love Maguire. But I’m not short sighted and we’re much more dependent on Tielemans it seems than we are Maguire. 

Tielemans has the potential to be the best midfielder we’ve ever had. Maguire is replaceable. 

• Like 1

You're upset some people are talking about selling a player, normally Maguire, so we have enough money to buy Tielemans? I'm fine with that. Obviously only one though. No way should we be selling any other first teamers or youngsters.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

You're upset some people are talking about selling a player, normally Maguire, so we have enough money to buy Tielemans? I'm fine with that. Obviously only one though. No way should we be selling any other first teamers or youngsters.

We never have previously under our current owners so i dont see why we would now. 

I don't know I just don't see the mileage in this post. I mean we are just fans, we have no say in any of the issues brought up about finance or ambition or any other matters affecting the club. Just enjoy the ride. you don't get on your usual bus and worry about who is the driver today or hope the mechanic has done a good job, is the bus company making a loss or how expensive is the Diesel. I know it's good to talk about our beloved club but come on folks just revel in the fact we are a premier league side and a bloody good one too, with a very bright future to boot. Most of us remember the state of this club before the present owners took over, just glory in the club we have now and stop overthinking things, what will be will be. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

If someone offered £150 million for Maguire, would you still insist on keeping him?

I agree with you and I don't have anything to add, but I've been meaning to ask...erm... What drew you to choose that particular avatar?

23 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

With how well Tielemans has done in the shop window that is leicester city i think we will have to fork out north of 50 million, maybe 70 million. All the pundits are already putting their 2 bobs worth in and saying a top 6 club side should be signing him. If we want to progress in player quality we need to raise funds and selling matty james or danny simpson or wes morgan isn't going to provide the necessary funding, so our only option is to sell our biggest asset, Maguire, a) because his stock is so high at the moment, and b) it's only one player that we already have a decent player that can come in for him. 

Dont fall for it. Tielemans’ agent is just playing tricks. The 40mil figure first came from some unknown random paper quoting no one. Then someone picked it up, and then all the pundits referred to the 40mil figure as if they heard it direct from Monaco and it became something that is “apparently known”. Stop making rumours up to our disadvantage. For all those reporters out there, Tielemans is only worth about 10mil at best.

42 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Dont fall for it. Tielemans’ agent is just playing tricks. The 40mil figure first came from some unknown random paper quoting no one. Then someone picked it up, and then all the pundits referred to the 40mil figure as if they heard it direct from Monaco and it became something that is “apparently known”. Stop making rumours up to our disadvantage. For all those reporters out there, Tielemans is only worth about 10mil at best.

I don't believe your market value is remotely accurate, but give JR a call, and show him how we get YT for £10 million and your a hero!

I´ve never encountered a less enjoyable writing style in my life. 

The financial model of football clubs that aren´t global conglomerates depend on the sale of some players. We are about to build a new 100 million pound training complex. If selling Harry Maguire funds the majority of that, knowing full well that he´s having a dip in form and we have good back-ups, does that mean we lack genitals? If such a venture was affordable, all clubs would do it. In the same vein as Tottenham´s new stadium, something might well have to give for the long-term benefits for the club. If that means selling a few of our current emerging talents, we will have to be even more savvy and get new ones. Simple. 

Respectfully I think if you look at the prem nowadays do you think United want to sell their top keeper or Chelsea want to sell Hazard or that Liverpool wanted to sell Suarez the players hold the cards now, and every player has a price if the above can't hold on to their star assets what makes you think Leicester can ?