Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Real intentions..some fans don't have the b#lls

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Cheers....:wave:...

I really did like you..

But why keep asking the same thing. Our owners are not bankrolling the club long term. 

The club has to pay its own way. So we can't have new training ground and ground expansion without selling one or two. Not like we are doing a Southampton and the owners will pocket the money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Now I am just a fan wanting now the trophies..the achievements..selfish..Yup!!

Now complete the job before I fall into my grave....,

that could take us to dreamland.

We did it old chap, we won the league and went to dreamland.

Like the rest of us, you can die a happy man :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We did it old chap, we won the league and went to dreamland.

Like the rest of us, you can die a happy man :thumbup:

sometimes I think it's time to go.. But then Top 4 again and FA-cup, I can :banana: in my grave...

Taking my last breath,becomes an unknown entity and sold its timing to the..:devil:

Plus I love exclamation marks...remind me of my human footprint I will leave behind...:smile:

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

But No!!!!  Many fans cry out now is the time,but havent neither the b#lls    nor the mental aptitude &character  needed to carry it out...

Through 5-6 topics,plus transfer-topic,insist we want to sign Tielemans to help us build on....but now this is the crux...

They are Willing to sacrifice,our other top players ,because they see £-notes in their eyes......

Chilwell for £ 40-50mil....Ndidi...£30-40 ...Maguire £70-90 mil.. Ricardo..£30-40 mil Gray...£20 mil!!! In the word of Tony Hancock..Buffoons!!!:dunno:

Why are people buffoons if they are willing to sacrifice one player, to enable us to get in players to fill other areas that are more pressing. We are well stocked for centre backs, we are not well stocked for strikers or decent wingers. On top of that we need to buy Tielemans. 

It's being completely realistic about what our budget is and what we are capable of doing with it. If selling Harry for £60m and using Benkovic, Soyuncu, Evans and maybe getting another CB in cheaper, means we are able to get in Tielemans, plus a top quality winger and a top quality backup striker, then it's something that should be considered. 

Nobody WANTS to do it, I'd rather keep all our good players AND buy all the great players we need. But we aren't Man City and we don't have an endless budget. 

• Thanks 4

I'd give selling Harry my blessing if we got serious money for him, mostly because I believe in the two young cb's we have waiting in the wings. Think they could both be as good as him if not better in the near future. On balance it doesn't look like too much of a risk to me. That being said, I think it would be a bit foolish not having him for next season if we want to reach our goal of europe. He shouldn't lose value in one season and may even be worth more. Steady as we go I say.

Up the foxes.

The only thing I dislike is the message that selling your best player gives out.

I understand from a commercial point of view... thats obvious, especially if we have a like for like replacement already here (which I believe we do) its almost a no brainer, but the message we are sending is that we are still a selling club, which if we are to genuinely be a top 4 challenger lets say in 2-3 seasons time, then this should be a thing of the past.

If we have to lose Harry, it should be so that we can keep Chilwell, to build and move forward.

We need a new world class winger and a replacement for Vardy lined up as he will deteriorate at some point, and we should plan for this with another world class striker. Easy yeah?

46 minutes ago, KingsX said:

just 29 ... not quite a personal best !!!

but impressive all the same...!!!

and without lots of ellipsis ...  ...  and !!! exclamatory punctuation ... !!! ...

it wouldn't be our fuchsy!!! 

How many FT posters ... could drop their username and avatar ... yet we would know at a glance who made the post?

This is true and to his credit, but anyone who managed to read the entirety of that op is a better man than me.  My eyes glaze over after one, maybe two paragraphs at most.

49 minutes ago, KingsX said:

How many posters ... can spell schadensfreude !!  Without their phone turning it into Scheherazade !!!

One and only one!!!!!

Not you, obviously :P

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

The only thing I dislike is the message that selling your best player gives out.

I understand from a commercial point of view... thats obvious, especially if we have a like for like replacement already here (which I believe we do) its almost a no brainer, but the message we are sending is that we are still a selling club, which if we are to genuinely be a top 4 challenger lets say in 2-3 seasons time, then this should be a thing of the past.

If we have to lose Harry, it should be so that we can keep Chilwell, to build and move forward.

We need a new world class winger and a replacement for Vardy lined up as he will deteriorate at some point, and we should plan for this with another world class striker. Easy yeah?

We are a selling club, everyone is a selling club. Even Spurs and Arsenal can still lose their best players to the likes of Man city and United and they can lose their best to the Madrids and Barca's of the world. That's just how it is.

The economics involved mean we have zero chance of ever not being a selling club. What's important is being smart about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Why are people buffoons if they are willing to sacrifice one player, to enable us to get in players to fill other areas that are more pressing. We are well stocked for centre backs, we are not well stocked for strikers or decent wingers. On top of that we need to buy Tielemans. 

It's being completely realistic about what our budget is and what we are capable of doing with it. If selling Harry for £60m and using Benkovic, Soyuncu, Evans and maybe getting another CB in cheaper, means we are able to get in Tielemans, plus a top quality winger and a top quality backup striker, then it's something that should be considered. 

Nobody WANTS to do it, I'd rather keep all our good players AND buy all the great players we need. But we aren't Man City and we don't have an endless budget. 

We don't know yet if both Soyu & Benko can cut it...We know Maguire can! Selling because we think they are ok,won't in my mind good business.

Evans..many didn't want him( like always I was open),but he has history of starting well then drifting off the pace later.Maybe at his age he's happy and found his 

Good level and own space..

Posters are not asking,but demanding we should take our club to a place on a consistent level where this club on the playing side have never been!!

To reach that still a and stay,we have to keep our players now..not play psychoanalysis of how it "could" playout,then like all seasons whine because it didnt

Play-out. If some people go on a whining trail,and disperse their opinions only negatively,I just got the first below the belt contra opinion in...

I am a good boy,you see??  Innocently negligent but not naive to our woes..

fight to keep our players..for once.

And you know what!!  even for £150 mill do the opposite to the expected..

Mahrez & Drinkwater difficulties might make fans ,pundits,and players, recognising & believing...so green on the otherside it aint!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Yes... but there are selling clubs,and nasty selling clubs, Spurs have been admirable when selling players that they ideally do not want to lose, I believe with Mahrez, we acted similarly, and we need to keep up the stance that we do not NEED to sell, therefore driving up prices,rather than we lost David Connolly who at the time was our best player to Wigan, like I said in a different topic,we are a different club now clearly, we just need to be hard nosed bastards, with the deals.

I have no issue losing a player to a top 8 European club, as long as we replace and become stronger, and ultimately one of the top European teams.

26 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

It works both ways though. If you refuse to sell, young talent might not sign because they won’t be allowed their big move. 

Players used to go to Dortmund because they knew if Bayern came knocking they’d be allowed to go. If we did to Harry what we did to Mahrez players and agents could begin to snub us 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We don't know yet if both Soyu & Benko can cut it...We know Maguire can! Selling because we think they are ok,won't in my mind good business.

Let me make this explicitly clear for you.

If we keep Maguire, then there's a high chance that we wont be able to afford Tielemans and won't be able to strengthen other areas. Think back to those games in December/January with a Mendy/Ndidi midfield - we were woeful. 

If we sell Maguire, then we'll definitely be able to afford Tielemans. Think back to the games where we were missing Maguire through injury. We coped quite well with a CB pairing of Evans/Soyuncu, and next season we'd (at least) have Benkovic who is highly rated as well.

And that's before you even consider the additional funds we'd have left-over to spend on further improvements.

There is more to lose by not signing Tielemans than there is from selling Maguire.

If Rudkin can do some magic with the finances and keep them both (and Chilwell) for next season then obviously that's what everyone wants. It's just unlikely.

It's got nothing to do with ambition or balls. If you wouldn't accept £90m for Maguire then you're an idiot, plain and simple. We need to strengthen areas of the team and secure Tielemans. We can't realistically afford to do that without selling. If we get offered way over the odds for our players - £90m, by the way, would be a world-record fee for a defender who's been outperformed this season by Jonny Evans - then we sell. Liverpool did exactly this by selling Coutinho for more than he's worth, then spending the money on players for positions in which they were weak in Alisson and Van Dijk. Buffoons. If you can't understand this then it's you that lacks foresight and mental aptitude.

• Like 1

The loan is absolutely nothing to worry about. LCFC are a mid-table premier league team with a global fan base. I would hope we are leveraging as much as possible in today's environment with low interest rates and surely a solid credit rating. Where's the £40m for Tielemans coming from? I should hope from another loan, that's probably the most efficient way!

Also FFP is a joke, it seems not many clubs follow the rules, including surely LCFC in the past. It can't be prudent to be running this business trying to meet the FFP rules when most of your competitors aren't. Keep the youngsters, don't sell for anything below 9 figures!

There is nothing wrong with ambition.

However at the same time of course we need to stay in a financially viable state.

This supposed 100 million loan we have has me concerned.  I would hope as soon as top has full control of king power, that the loan is immediately paid off and transferred either to an internal king power loan or into equity.

In regards to tielemans we should of course buy him if we have ambition, either with cash "if we have it spare" or sell one player, maguire seems the most suitable candidate given we already have a ready made player for his position.

But thats it, dont sell anyone else, we have a good team harmony, and good quality in the team, I do think we need another striker, but that doesnt need to be a big bucks spend, look for some young up and coming striker we can bring in on loan or a fee of under 20 million which should be doable from normal operating profits.

This existing team and manager are capable of fighting for a CL spot.  But it depends on the summer, it will make or break us, and probably some luck in injuries as well, especially with vardy.

Dont under estimate what puel achieved, most teams need to get relegated and promoted again to rebuild, but puel did it, and now we have Rodgers to move us up another level.

I am never a believer of selling players just because an offer comes in thats big, never ever under estimate team harmony and the value of already having a player that is a known quantity, nacho, musa, slimani, and plenty of others are examples that simply buying replacements is not easy.  However tielemans is a known quantity, maguire we already have cover for, so that is what I consider an intelligent way of doing player transfers.

Mahrez we struggled to lose even to this day but I think the combination of tielemans, and ricardo is probably just about managing to do it.

Edited by Chrysalis

39 minutes ago, Xen said:

Let me make this explicitly clear for you.

If we keep Maguire, then there's a high chance that we wont be able to afford Tielemans and won't be able to strengthen other areas. Think back to those games in December/January with a Mendy/Ndidi midfield - we were woeful. 

If we sell Maguire, then we'll definitely be able to afford Tielemans. Think back to the games where we were missing Maguire through injury. We coped quite well with a CB pairing of Evans/Soyuncu, and next season we'd (at least) have Benkovic who is highly rated as well.

And that's before you even consider the additional funds we'd have left-over to spend on further improvements.

There is more to lose by not signing Tielemans than there is from selling Maguire.

If Rudkin can do some magic with the finances and keep them both (and Chilwell) for next season then obviously that's what everyone wants. It's just unlikely.

In the odd game,you don't miss any player,not even your top player...it's over the season or real long periods.

We buy Tielemans,I could argue the real quality at the back isn't really there..so one pays peter,but is left with Paul,because the  lack of that quality support

or team ethic built up,is not just out over  the odd game(like Maguire then like Tielemans),but what trust of quality you return to,regularly in the season...

Liverpool midfield picked up when they got Van Dijk...without him do you think they could of upped their title potential...I

And so it goes down and stretches out through the different levels of the PL...keeping your best player /players as long as you can..!

Or you drop well below  those desired targets..promptly knock on door of relegation but with million in the war-chest!!! But no trophies!

Edited by fuchsntf

@Xen  I know all the whys and wherefores,but I have got fed up of the moaning minniess on this forum,who get so easily blown over every week..

So I decided to post a contrervsal-topic.  Selfish for me for my desire to see without consequences, My club, LCFC this time...keep their quality players for once,

and not just dream,but realise a potential of top 6 to even 3rd over a period of consistency that delivers a golden period..has a selfish thoughtfull fan,it's not

My responsibility to worry about finance...but to have and see those high dreams actually realised..I

We needed Puel,we still need BRodgers  to carry on the dirty work that some can't even imagine, is still necessary.We have to jostle....

But now I just want my own historical pound of flesh....Keep our best players and bring back some pot!!

Without them,we go down the inevitable trail of near misses!!! And Boring moaning minnies..( Not you..)

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The loan is absolutely nothing to worry about. LCFC are a mid-table premier league team with a global fan base. I would hope we are leveraging as much as possible in today's environment with low interest rates and surely a solid credit rating. Where's the £40m for Tielemans coming from? I should hope from another loan, that's probably the most efficient way!

Also FFP is a joke, it seems not many clubs follow the rules, including surely LCFC in the past. It can't be prudent to be running this business trying to meet the FFP rules when most of your competitors aren't. Keep the youngsters, don't sell for anything below 9 figures!

Yeh good plan. Don't sell any players and spend a load on new signings. And then the day comes that Top/Kp want to move on and what are we left with? Portsmouth. A club who spent beyond their means and end up being ruined. Top wont bankroll us forever and Vichai always said he wanted the club to be self sufficient. Of course we all want success and to win trophies and get into top 6 etc but we have to be realistic about the financial side of the club. Many top top clubs eventually lose their players and so long as we keep up with the thing of not selling more than 1 key player a season then we will keep building nicely. Like someone else said, selling Mahrez bought us Ricardo and Maddison. Selling Harry could get us Tielemans and a top winger. We could pick another centre back up for around the £20m mark that would be more than good enough. If we get an offer of £60m or more then we should sell. However we could try and play hardball and get as much money as possible as he will probably be wanted by at least 2 of the top 6.