Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

Bought a FM 2003/4 today from the Pound shop. Ok it's not up to date but the basic rules are the same and I'll be just as crap on the £30 plus NEW version as I will on an old version so I've saved £29 of beer money.

Any tips or 'cheats' would be handy though. Going to install it now.

Well done! I actually think I have a good chance of automatic promotion, what with the 3 places and all.

Main men are Jonathan Pringle (free transfer from Liverpool...goal machine) Andrea Ferretti (free transfer from Cardiff...also a goal machine), Wade Small (assist machine, free transfer again) Chris Farman (free from Newcastle, rock at the back) and Michael Higdon (free from Crewe, goalscoring centre mid)

I tried to bring in two more centre backs that were classed as "promising" but one went to Southampton, and the other to a South American team, although he has a 55k buy out clause so hopefully I can try again.

Good luck :)

I did it, in my second season in league 2 i won it. Won the last 6 games to get me to the top, it was a very poor league though, as I managed to win it with 82 points.

Now onto bigger and better things, i sold my left winger josh simpson for £1,300,000. And with that ive bought in3 players, including alan sheehan :D I also got danny graham in on a free from middlesbrough.

Played 1 game so far, I battered rochdale all game but they score a 70th minute free kick to snatch a point. Will post some screenies when i can :D

Good luck :)

I did it, in my second season in league 2 i won it. Won the last 6 games to get me to the top, it was a very poor league though, as I managed to win it with 82 points.

Now onto bigger and better things, i sold my left winger josh simpson for £1,300,000. And with that ive bought in3 players, including alan sheehan :D I also got danny graham in on a free from middlesbrough.

Played 1 game so far, I battered rochdale all game but they score a 70th minute free kick to snatch a point. Will post some screenies when i can :D

He was fantastic for me when I was West Ham in the Prem, he set me back £4 Million then, scoring about 20 goals each season and working his way into the England squad by 2008 and when I was eventually manager of England he was a top fixture in the WC 2010 in SA, and helped us get to the semi's with 5 goals to his name.

He was fantastic for me when I was West Ham in the Prem, he set me back £4 Million then, scoring about 20 goals each season and working his way into the England squad by 2008 and when I was eventually manager of England he was a top fixture in the WC 2010 in SA, and helped us get to the semi's with 5 goals to his name.

Well he scored on his debut :D

Lsso got kevin doyle up front aswell :D

:D:D Not usually one to pick upon spelling, but this has got to be one of the best ever. It's not just a spelling mistake but a made up word, top man!!!!

I noticed it too. Thought it sounded good though So I didn't mention it. :D

I did it on purpose :ph34r:

Just finished my first season poorily.Was in playoff places since Feburary but poor form of seven winless games put paid to that and finished 11th.Plata is top scorer with mind boggling 47 goals despite begin injured most of the season.Signed few quality defenders to improve my awful defence (100 goals scored and 73 goals condeced).Now have about 700k to spend. Any good targets in mind?

Just finished my first season poorily.Was in playoff places since Feburary but poor form of seven winless games put paid to that and finished 11th.Plata is top scorer with mind boggling 47 goals despite begin injured most of the season.Signed few quality defenders to improve my awful defence (100 goals scored and 73 goals condeced).Now have about 700k to spend. Any good targets in mind?

Another made up word! :D

Champions of League 2 at the first attempt! :D

Jonathon Pringle continued his goalscoring form into league 2, and i've no doubt he'll be able to cut it in league 1 also.

Lee Peltier and Johannes Djourou (sp...guy from Arsenal) are coming in to tighten up the defence and midfield respectively for next season, and I've also managed to tie down a pre-contract with a young 'promising' African winger, who Parma were interested in early in the season :D

I think it's just a striker I'm looking to bring in now, and my squad will be ready for league 1...and Leicester!

Billericay are going up (again!)

Champions of League 2 at the first attempt! :D

Jonathon Pringle continued his goalscoring form into league 2, and i've no doubt he'll be able to cut it in league 1 also.

Lee Peltier and Johannes Djourou (sp...guy from Arsenal) are coming in to tighten up the defence and midfield respectively for next season, and I've also managed to tie down a pre-contract with a young 'promising' African winger, who Parma were interested in early in the season :D

I think it's just a striker I'm looking to bring in now, and my squad will be ready for league 1...and Leicester!

Billericay are going up (again!)

Well done :D

I'm in the champiosnship now :D

Look for joel byrom if he's still cheap, what a player.

Update from Hinckley game:

After winning Conference North on my first attempt, and then being top of the Conference for the first half of the season, my form slowly deteriated and ended up finishing 3rd. Beat Crawley 3-1 on aggregate in the Playoff Semi Final, then thumped Cheltenham 4-0 in the final, to achieve promotion to League Two!!

COME ON YOU KNITTERS!!!

Ok I'll do a search for him, as that is a position that may need looking at :)

I've got my eyes on Nicky Maynard, Chris Brown, Dexter Blackstock and some Nigerian regen for the strikers.

I'm probably going to try and go for Maynard, as he will cost me much less, and develops into a great players as I've already seen in my games with Leicester.

Ok I'll do a search for him, as that is a position that may need looking at :)

I've got my eyes on Nicky Maynard, Chris Brown, Dexter Blackstock and some Nigerian regen for the strikers.

I'm probably going to try and go for Maynard, as he will cost me much less, and develops into a great players as I've already seen in my games with Leicester.

I think I got him on a free from blackburn. He is only a youngun :P

i can't believe this game!

i'm torquay, i got 2 promotions in 3 seasons to get to the championship, then in the 4th season i finished 7th which is a very respectable position considering the resources.

half way through the 5th season and i am 10th in the league which is a bit disappointing but i can still get to the play offs no problem, the finances are in a stable condition and i get sacked!!!???!!!

they should be building a statue of me not sacking me! unbelievable.

My career:

05/06 - Celtic - Won the SPL and the Scottish Cup, gor to the CL Quarters. In the summer I took the England job after the WC

06/07 - Celtic - Won the SPL and CIS Cup, got to the CL Quarters yet again.

07/08 - Celtic/Newcastle - Started the season with Celtic but the lure of the Premier League was too much and in Nov I joined Newcastle. I took Newcastle from relegation battlers to a top half finish.

After qualifying England for Euro 2008 we were drawn a difficult group of France, Italy and Ireland. After an opening game defeat against France we picked up wins against Ireland and Italy to achieve progression. Just like Euro 96 we faced Spain in the quater-finals, with the scores at 1-1 in stoppage time Jermain Defoe scored to give us a dramatic win. In the semi's we faced Holland and we gave them a tonking, beating them 3-1! In the final we met Sweden, it was them who scored first but turning point was a Defoe goal just before half time. Defoe grabbed another in the second half along with Rooney to give us the trophy and secured my legenday status.

08/09 - Newcastle - Finished 7th, qualified for the Intertoto Cup.

09/10 - Newcastle/Leicester - In the summer I was undermined by the Newcastle board when they signed Maicon a right back without my permission, claiming my signings weren't high profile enough. Bitterness ensued and when Alan Pardew was sacked from Leicester in September I decided to shock everyone and move to side sitting in the Championship relegation zone. 3 months later and we now sit 13th with a chance of th eplay-offs, Robbie Savage and Ludovoic Guily are my key players.

i can't believe this game!

i'm torquay, i got 2 promotions in 3 seasons to get to the championship, then in the 4th season i finished 7th which is a very respectable position considering the resources.

half way through the 5th season and i am 10th in the league which is a bit disappointing but i can still get to the play offs no problem, the finances are in a stable condition and i get sacked!!!???!!!

they should be building a statue of me not sacking me! unbelievable.

My knownness is only local :o

Your telling me if a manager got a team from the conference north to the championship he woudl still only be known locally :o

My knownness is only local :o

Your telling me if a manager got a team from the conference north to the championship he woudl still only be known locally :o

tell me about it, i'm still only known locally aswell which now means i can't get a decent job anywhere.

I've manage to get Cameron Jerome on loan...he's been imense so far..knocking them down for Jonathan Pringle to slot home

About Pringle, I think he's a regen but not sure, signed him on a free in the conference and he's still banging them in in League 1, wanted by several Premiership clubs.

I've manage to get Cameron Jerome on loan...he's been imense so far..knocking them down for Jonathan Pringle to slot home

About Pringle, I think he's a regen but not sure, signed him on a free in the conference and he's still banging them in in League 1, wanted by several Premiership clubs.

Look at his history, i'm not sure but does he originally come from charlton reserves. I'm not to sure lol

• 3 weeks later...

Archived