Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

I'm coming to the end of the season now and things have turned for the better.

I'm nicely placed in 2nd spot (2 points clear of Wolves, 1 point behind leaders Palace) and I have a game in hand over both teams.

Since changing formation to 4-2-4 (yes a bit ambitious!) I've been on a magnificent run. I've got to the FA Cup semi finals too (knocking Middlesbrough out in the 5th round - I drew 0-0 at their place and thrashed them 3-0 at the Walkers; then I amazingly beat Arsenal in the quarters - again drawing 0-0 at Highbury before beating them 2-0 at home, thanks to Cygan giving away a peno and getting sent off! :D )

Just got to keep up this run for the final 6 games!

Started a new game with Leicester. After a disapointing start to the season we steadily improved and ended up finishing 4th. I adopted a striker rotation system with Iain Hume (24 goals), Elvis Hammond (20 goals), Matty Fryatt (8 goals), Teddy Sheringham (9 goals but signed in Jan) and Malcolm Christie (10 goals) all being used throughout the season.

We reached the Play-Off final after seeing off Plymouth on penalties to face Cardiff at...well...Cardiff. After only 2 minutes we were 1-0 but 2 Iain Hume goals made the score 2-1 to us after only 12 minutes. Cardiff grabbed the equaliser before half time to send us into the break at 2-2. Cardiff were clearly struggling with Hume as they were gifting him chances, Hume sealed his hatrick and then added another to give us a 4-2 lead! He then had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside.

The game finished Iain Hume 4-2 Cardiff ;) We were back in the top flight.

I was busy in the summer bringing in players. My key signings were a City return for Magical Muzzy Izzet, £3m Itailian winger Mauro Esposito and Steve Finnan. We started the season lacking fitness and struggling with injuries, this showed when we only picked up 2 points in out first 7 games ......those points were against Arsenal and when we came back from 4-1 against Everton.

However recentlly we've picked up form and won out last 2 games to move us out of the relegation zone, on loan striker Luke Moore is banging them in.

I just had a remarkable game against League One strugglers Barnsley in the League Cup. They took a shock yet deserved 4-1 lead at half time, so I threw everything forward and like the Everton game we pulled it back to 4-4. In extra time we scored 3 more to make it 7-4 to us at the finish :huh:

I finished my first season on FM Handheld.

After being 2nd with a game in hand and 2 points clear of Palace (above) I managed to throw it away with an awful run, losing 4 on the spin. Luckily I scraped into the play-offs finishing 5th, facing Southampton in the semis. I whooped them 3-0 at home and 1-0 away to set up a play off final showdown with Wolves. I beat them 2-0 to book my return to the Premiership.

In the middle of this was my FA Cup run. Having knocked out Middlesbrough and Arsenal, I faced Tottenham in the semi finals. After a tense game with Spurs twice leading, I managed to pull it back to 2-2 and took the game into extra time. It then went to penalties and I beat them comfortably, to reach the FA Cup final against Chelsea. Unfortunately they were too good for me and beat me 2-1. Despite them winning the league, I still didn't get into Europe as FA Cup runners up :mad:

A summer of massive transfer activity followed. Out went:

O'Grady

Smedley

Tiatto

Morris

De Vries (60k to Huddersfield)

Williams (950k to Hull)

Paddy McCarthy (200k to Crewe)

In came:

Pablo Ore

Kamill Contofalsky

Cristian Fiel

Francis Jeffers

Miquel Buades

Hugo Rodallego (who cost me 875k, but as soon as I bought him his value rocked to £19m!!)

I've started the Premiership in incredible form, top of the table after 7 games (5 wins, 2 draws). My defence is a lot more solid and I've switched formation to 4-4-2 diamond, which is looking good.

Ricey: Do you know how to select penalty takers in FM Handheld? I can't find out how to do it, which is annoying - especially for penalty shoot outs.

Ricey: Do you know how to select penalty takers in FM Handheld? I can't find out how to do it, which is annoying - especially for penalty shoot outs.

As far as I know you can't unfortunatley :( No doubt something that will be added in the next version.

I noticed that player values were quite exaggerated also, after winning the FA Cup and Champions League with Liverpool values for players like Crouch, Alonso, Sissoko rose to over £20m :huh:

I am in my sixth season at swansea in the championship, started at the bottom english league(conference north) and worked up, any one else tried this?

I am very addicted

I did this with hednesford town, I got them into the premiership, I seem to have lost the save now :( but i'm sure there are pics on this thread somewhere to show me in the premiership with them :D

The best I could manage was around 10th and 1/4 finals of the UEFA cup.

Just installed it onto my new computer, but having problems with it.

Firstly how do i run it so that i can see the taskbar at the bottom

Manged to sort the resolution out.

Just need to know how to have it so you can see the taskbar at the bottom.

Iv got back to playing CM 0102!!! Different game, but totally the same addiction and i can complete a season in about an hour! Iv taken Leicester to the top!! and just started a league with Juve and doing well!

Cant wait till i get back home though coz then i can play FM06 again without getting impatient!

I quit notts county after two games of the season to join norwich (the 13million transfer fund swayed me! :ph34r: ) i then went on to get norwich promoted as championship, champions :cool: whilst john gregory got notts county relegated. they had been left with a fantastic side it hurt me to see it happen :cry: screen shots to follow :thumbup:

lol @Mark!

I'm getting a bit frustrated with FM Handheld. Just completed my 3rd season in charge of Leicester - got promoted the first season, finished 8th in the Prem in my 2nd season, now finished 7th in the Prem. But I've had massive problems with winning away - my away form is atrocious.

I've brought in some class players (all with top stats but unknown foreigners) and changed tactics numerous times throughout the season, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. :(

I put my reserves out in the second leg against Valencia and they did well to draw 2-2 so I'm into the final of the Euro Cup, but thats another fixture added, the 11th May now :rolleyes:

I'd love that kind of success! you big time managers, alway moaning!! :rolleyes:;)
:mad:

:whistle:

How do i resize an image to 95x95?

I want to put a picture of Matty Fryatt in the game.

Use something like Adobe Photoshop! Might be able to do it on Paint if you dont have that but its not as good quality!

I'm pissed off with FM Handheld.

I've tried changing players and tactics and instructions but I still can't win many away games. I lose 80% of my away matches despite having a fantastic squad and I win 80% of my home games. It just doesn't make sense. I've tried keeping the same tactics for home and away, and changing my away tactics, but to no avail.

Also, it seems Chelsea are invincible in the game. They've won all 3 Premiership titles so far and are romping away with it again. I can never score a goal against them never mind draw, and they walk the league and cup every season. It's ridiculous.

I've come to the point where I've almost had enough. Anybody else playing FM Handheld but had more success? (I don't mean with Arsenal, ManU, Liverpool etc - I mean with taking an average club like Leicester to the top 5/6 or winning cups)

Archived