Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

could someone please send me or send me a link of a good fm manager 06 leiecester city skin and could someone please explain to me how i can get the skins to work ?

There aren't any Leicester skins as far as I know.

To get them working, extract the folder(s) to football manager 2006/data/skins. Then select the skin in Preferences in the game.

Just had a stonking match.

Playing Crewe in the League, I'm sitting in 4th, they're in 23rd.

4 minutes in Alan Maybury gets a straight red for pulling someone over when they're through on goal, so I'm down to 10 men, playing 3-4-2. 6 minutes later Matty Fryatt pops up and puts me 1-0, fantastic. Unfortunately they equalise on the 40th minute, but Momo Sylla pops up in stoppage time to put me 2-1 up just before half-time. Second half starts a bit SHIT though, they equalise, 2-2, in the 50th minute and Paddy McCarthy gets sent off in the 55th minute, so I'm drawing 2-2.

I take off Hume for McCarthy, leaving a backline of Nils, Stearman and Liam Norval (Gerrbrand's out for about 5 months and Kisnorbo's injured). Anyway, playing with just Matty Fryatt as the lone striker, he pops up and scores two more goals in the 66th and 83rd minute to complete his hat-trick and help Leicester sink Crewe 4-2.

During the match the commentary said McCarthy's foul were a harsh decision by the ref and then he went and got sent off so I didn't appeal against Maybury's red but I did against McCarthy's and the FA rescinded it, a first for me there.

As for my general progress, I won manager of the month for August after winning all but one of my games, and Kisnorbo got player of the month with Matty Fryatt coming second in Young Player of the month.

September not so good, lost a few, and after the Crewe match I'm currently in 3rd place, 2 points behind leaders Wolves.

Leeds are 3 points behind Wolves though with 2 games in hand.

Matty Fryatt's got 10 goals in 14 games.

Williams was shit hot but then broke his ankle and is out for up to 7 months, so I got Fadiga on loan from Bolton, and also got Torodorov on loan from Pompey.

Bought in a kid from Verona in Serie B called Antimo Iunco, who can play anywhere across midfield and attacking midfield and he's doing the business.

He cost £240,000 but I sold Tiatto for £210,000, good business I'd say.

Tried a cheeky £70,000 bid for Wayne Rooney but got denied, and declared interest in Robert Green after he said Norwich weren't big enough for him and he said he'd jump at the chance to join us but I can't afford £3.1 million.

Knocked out the League Cup 4-0 by West Brom, embarassing.

I think that's everything.

id like to say i had a better game than you Alex...

i was to play Man City in the prem away after beating Man Utd 4-1 at home. i was faveourite to win. Darius Vassel scores a goal in the 1st min, then again in the 8th and 13th to complete his hat-trick. the rest of the game is to be mediocre boring and i go in at HT 3-0 down, all players on 5 / 6 ratings. i told them to improve. i got a pen in the 80th min and its converted by Alex (left winger) and im pleased because it will help the goal difference, i then get 2 more penos and Alex scores them both to complete his hat trick of pens in 10 mins and in added on time Vaz Te pops up with a winner to send me 4-3 up after being 3-0 down until 80 mins. even got a screenshot of the scoreline but i dont know how to host.

id like to say i had a better game than you Alex...

i was to play Man City in the prem away after beating Man Utd 4-1 at home. i was faveourite to win. Darius Vassel scores a goal in the 1st min, then again in the 8th and 13th to complete his hat-trick. the rest of the game is to be mediocre boring and i go in at HT 3-0 down, all players on 5 / 6 ratings. i told them to improve. i got a pen in the 80th min and its converted by Alex (left winger) and im pleased because it will help the goal difference, i then get 2 more penos and Alex scores them both to complete his hat trick of pens in 10 mins and in added on time Vaz Te pops up with a winner to send me 4-3 up after being 3-0 down until 80 mins. even got a screenshot of the scoreline but i dont know how to host.

Ok, I'll give you that one :thumbup:

' date='May 2 2006, 07:17 PM' post='310472']

Ok, I'll give you that one :thumbup:

:) was amazing to watch, dont know how or why it happened i guess the game was just being nice for once cos sometimes it can be a right knobjockey. the game after my 4-3 whooping i drew at home with Ipswich 1-1. and ive just beat Blackburn 4-0 at home, all goals in the 1st half but it said Blackburn were unlucky to lose. haha.

edit : now 4th in prem after 13 games in 2nd season in the prem :)

i started again with leicester got about halfway through the season and was in 5th place but i got bored so i quit

i think i need a rest from this game because i just find it boring now

What tactics does everyone play?

----------FC-----FC----------

-----MC-----MC------MC-----

WBL---------------------WBR

-----DC-----DC------DC-----

--------------GK--------------

really like this formation but you need really good wing backs for it to work. I tend to send the wing backs up field aswel, running past the mid centres

' date='May 2 2006, 09:06 PM' post='310528']

Got an error message which closed the game.

Must've been only a couple of days away from auto-saving.

NOT happy.

Lost all I did today.

huh when something like that happens you only have 2 options

1. quit the game

2. start from when you last save and just forget all about your previous results what you got when the game crashed on you. Really does you in if you had a great victory like winning the FA cup but then your pc crashes and you go on to lose the FA cup. That really pissed me off i was so tempted to keep replaying the final till i won again but it wouldnt be the same :(

that really depends on what players you have,

such as if you have a striker that is 6ft+ and good strength you could set them as a target man.

but alot of the times i dont bother with individual tactics.

i feel that you have to set who takes your freekicks, corners, throwings and penaltys yourself as the computer will tend to pick someone who is rubish at doing these things to do it

I'm currently manager of Jamaica :D

When I joined the team were 2 points away from the automatic qualifying places for the World Cup in a touch group with the likes of USA, Mexico and Costa Rica. However the Reggae Boyz defied all odds and booked a place for Germany. My squad is made up mainly of British born players.

I'm looking to get a club job in England, however I just turned down Wolves because their squad looked poor and they had a large wage bill.

Im currently Crewe and Im having an absoloute stormer!

Early days but im top of the league and Nicky Maynard is a ****ing genius :D

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=league2iv.jpg

http://img334.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squad9bd.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transfersin8qu.jpg

http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wonderkid4hh.jpg

No doubt I'll lose every game till the end of the season now :unsure:

How do you put yellow arrows ahead of players in tactics page ?

right click there number and drag to where you want it to go.

i just took the england job but i want to resign as i dont want to clash with my leicester fixtures, it would make the game too long for me.

Finally started playing FM Handheld on my PSP after having the game for a while.

Started off in blistering fashion, top of the league after 9 games.

However, I've now dropped down to 3rd and clinging onto my play off positions after 18 games.

I'm struggling to score big time, every time I win it's by the one goal. Fryatt only has 5 goals and Hume 6 (along with Joey!). My home form isn't good enough, and now I've started losing away too - so I'm in decline.

Transfer wise, I sold Hammill to Rangers :o for £400,000! :D

Bought in 2 wingers (can't spell them though!) although they've not lived up to expectations yet.

I can barely ever keep a clean sheet either - defence and keeper need sorting :ph34r:

Finally started playing FM Handheld on my PSP after having the game for a while.

Started off in blistering fashion, top of the league after 9 games.

However, I've now dropped down to 3rd and clinging onto my play off positions after 18 games.

I'm struggling to score big time, every time I win it's by the one goal. Fryatt only has 5 goals and Hume 6 (along with Joey!). My home form isn't good enough, and now I've started losing away too - so I'm in decline.

Transfer wise, I sold Hammill to Rangers :o for £400,000! :D

Bought in 2 wingers (can't spell them though!) although they've not lived up to expectations yet.

I can barely ever keep a clean sheet either - defence and keeper need sorting :ph34r:

In my first game with Leicester on FM Handheld I was sacked by March :(

I then started a new game with Liverpool and won the FA Cup and Champions League in my first season :D

Anish, out of interest, would you make any changes to the user interface if you had the chance? If you would how would you improve it?

In my first game with Leicester on FM Handheld I was sacked by March :(

I then started a new game with Liverpool and won the FA Cup and Champions League in my first season :D

Anish, out of interest, would you make any changes to the user interface if you had the chance? If you would how would you improve it?

Urmm maybe, depending what any new interface looked like and how easy it is to install. I'm not really the type of person that tweaks applications to make them look better, I think FM Handheld looks pretty good as it is.

The only slight qualm I have is that the commentary text is probably a bit too small - especially when there is a colour clash between the sides.

Urmm maybe, depending what any new interface looked like and how easy it is to install. I'm not really the type of person that tweaks applications to make them look better, I think FM Handheld looks pretty good as it is.

The only slight qualm I have is that the commentary text is probably a bit too small - especially when there is a colour clash between the sides.

I asked because I was recently asked by Sports Interactive about how to improve the interface in FM Handheld and I could only think of 1 thing which was exactly the same as what you said.

Archived