Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

hey everyone i'm having a problem with my game it keeps freezing at june 19 2006 i've tried it many times and it just starts freezing and then stops responding, i was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem? or any suggestions?

have you downloaded the patches?

has anyone else been an international manager? its sooooooooo dull. i'm currently on holiday for 3 months as my next game isn't for 130-odd days! i can see why sven gets up to all sorts :ph34r:

Carrer with Leicester:

05/06 - Won promotion via a 5-2 play off final win against Cardiff.

06/07 - Finished 17th, only avoiding relegation on the last day. Qualified for the UEFA Cup due to our good discipline.

07/08 - Finished 14th and won......the FA Cup! We beat Man Utd 4-1 in the semis then beat 10 man Middlesborough in the Final to see Muzzy lift the cup :D We also over-achieved in Europe where we got to the Quarter-finals.

08/09 - Finished 9th and won.....the UEFA CUP!!!! :o:D We beat likes of Deportivo, AC Milan and Arsenal before beating Werder Bremen in the final! The game looked set for extra time at 1-1 but after a long throw into the box was cleared, Alvaro Recoba hit a dipping volley from 30 yards that somehow dipped in and won us the UEFA Cup as it was the last kick of the game! Very Claridge-esque.

Don't have photoshop :(

Does anyone already have a resized image of Fryatt, so i can just use that?

I believe you can get inspection copies on Limewire, according to a friend of mine...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing alright with hartlepool, won the league in my first season and it looks like i'm going to finish mid table in my 2nd season.

Ive got a new tactic which will hopefully fire Hartlepool into the premier league next season :D

Also had job offers from Leicester City and Leeds United :)

• 3 weeks later...

Reet ive started a new game with farnborough trying to get them to the premiership :D

In my first seaosn i won the conference south play offs to gain promotion.

In my second season I won the conference with 101points scoring 100 goals in the league aswell :D

Starting my 3rd season and won the first game 3-0 against Grimsby, I think I should be able to gain a 3rd consecutive promotion aslojng as there isn't a major injury crisis.

Reet ive started a new game with farnborough trying to get them to the premiership :D

In my first seaosn i won the conference south play offs to gain promotion.

In my second season I won the conference with 101points scoring 100 goals in the league aswell :D

Starting my 3rd season and won the first game 3-0 against Grimsby, I think I should be able to gain a 3rd consecutive promotion aslojng as there isn't a major injury crisis.

Ive got WEYMOUTH to the premiership :D

Promoted from Conference south to the conf, promoted to league two, to league one, to the championship.

Spent two years in the championship and now im in my second year in the prem.

Hoping for a champs league spot this year.

IT CAN BE DONE :thumbup:

Grr, I've gone all OCD with FM. I can't stop editing the new signings and that and then try to start a new game...but then there's more signings so I have to stop that game, edit, then start a new one....then it happens again :(

Vicious cycle, especially in this heat.

They are only interested, they haven't offered it to you.

They seem pretty bloomin keen Ricey - they tell me on an almost daily basis. I'm finding it hard to sleep at night and it is disrupting my planning for the new season.

The English Football Association has offered you the opportunity to replace SGE as the next England manager
... but no accept button :o

They seem pretty bloomin keen Ricey - they tell me on an almost daily basis. I'm finding it hard to sleep at night and it is disrupting my planning for the new season.

... but no accept button :o

Screenshot?

I'm pissed off with FM Handheld.

I've tried changing players and tactics and instructions but I still can't win many away games. I lose 80% of my away matches despite having a fantastic squad and I win 80% of my home games. It just doesn't make sense. I've tried keeping the same tactics for home and away, and changing my away tactics, but to no avail.

Also, it seems Chelsea are invincible in the game. They've won all 3 Premiership titles so far and are romping away with it again. I can never score a goal against them never mind draw, and they walk the league and cup every season. It's ridiculous.

I've come to the point where I've almost had enough. Anybody else playing FM Handheld but had more success? (I don't mean with Arsenal, ManU, Liverpool etc - I mean with taking an average club like Leicester to the top 5/6 or winning cups)

I could never get anywhere with the handheld version with leicester either. My form was so up and down all through the season. Would win 4 on the spin and then lose the next 6 with the same tactics. Think I got sacked by the end of the 1st season even though I was third in the league just because I'd lost three on the trot to teams near the bottom of the league! Went back to my last save before those three games, kept the same tactics and players yet won all the games and ended up winning promotion!

Started off ok in the premiership and was about mid-table for a few months (getting stuffed by chelsea in league and cup - although i was leading at one point but that just seemed to make them angry lol). Then hit a bad patch of form and dropped towards the relegation zone but was sacked before I actually fell into the bottom three. Havent played it sinse but might give it a go while on holiday!

Archived