Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

FM 2006 Progress Thread

Ive got WEYMOUTH to the premiership :D

Promoted from Conference south to the conf, promoted to league two, to league one, to the championship.

Spent two years in the championship and now im in my second year in the prem.

Hoping for a champs league spot this year.

IT CAN BE DONE :thumbup:

That's exactly the same pattern iI had with Hednesford lol

Except I spent 4 seasons in the premiership and could never break into the top 6 :(lol and I deleted it, so thats why ive started with farnborough to prove I can do it :)

I could never get anywhere with the handheld version with leicester either. My form was so up and down all through the season. Would win 4 on the spin and then lose the next 6 with the same tactics. Think I got sacked by the end of the 1st season even though I was third in the league just because I'd lost three on the trot to teams near the bottom of the league! Went back to my last save before those three games, kept the same tactics and players yet won all the games and ended up winning promotion!

Started off ok in the premiership and was about mid-table for a few months (getting stuffed by chelsea in league and cup - although i was leading at one point but that just seemed to make them angry lol). Then hit a bad patch of form and dropped towards the relegation zone but was sacked before I actually fell into the bottom three. Havent played it sinse but might give it a go while on holiday!

I eventually found some great tactics off here and started winning a lot more thanI was losing. In the first full season of using the tactics I finished 4th. in the next season 3rd, then 2nd in the following season. Finally, I won the league in my fourth season of using the tactics - and I won all the major trophies in that season too (Champions League, League Cup, FA Cup, Premierhip, and Euro Super Cup as I had already won the Champions League in the previous season).

Following that, I retired gracefully ;)

OK im pissed off

i lost the semi final of the league cup first leg 2-0 to man utd

second leg i won 2-0

extra time it was 1-1

penalties? no! i go out on away goals?

I thought away goals only counted for the first 90 minutes? why the FK didn't it go to penalties? how is it fair that they get an extra 30 minutes where away goals is to their advantage?

I never thought I'd say this but I am bored of football manager.

I know who to buy when I start new games, and on my games in future years I cannot get a contract with anyone as the buttons saying 'accept' and 'reject'have vanished.

I must now wait for 07 to come out.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive gone back to playing an old game from FM2005. In 2009 now and reached the UEFA cup final for the last 3 years (won twice), FA cup final for the last 3 years (won all three) and the league cup final for the last three years (won all three). Kept finishing 5th though so missed out on the champions league. Just finished 3rd though so get to give it a try next season. Ive still got some of the original squad that play regularly - Peter Canero is still my right back, Gareth Williams starts about 35 games a season, Jordan Stewart plays about the same amount and Connolly bangs in about 30 goals a season for me still.

At the moment I have Alan Smith, Frederik Kanoute and David Connolly as my main strikers and they got about 110 goals between them last season. Smiths off to Arsenal though for £25m because I cant afford his wages so ive got Jermaine Defoe and Kezman coming in on frees to make up for it!

The annoying thing is that the team who wins the league seems to win all but 6 league games so its gonna be a nightmare trying to claim the title!

Also did anyone find that extra time goes on for at least 130minutes in the old version? I conceeded a 156th minute equaliser in one game - wasnt best pleased i can tell you!

• 5 weeks later...

Ive gone back to playing an old game from FM2005. In 2009 now and reached the UEFA cup final for the last 3 years (won twice), FA cup final for the last 3 years (won all three) and the league cup final for the last three years (won all three). Kept finishing 5th though so missed out on the champions league. Just finished 3rd though so get to give it a try next season. Ive still got some of the original squad that play regularly - Peter Canero is still my right back, Gareth Williams starts about 35 games a season, Jordan Stewart plays about the same amount and Connolly bangs in about 30 goals a season for me still.

At the moment I have Alan Smith, Frederik Kanoute and David Connolly as my main strikers and they got about 110 goals between them last season. Smiths off to Arsenal though for £25m because I cant afford his wages so ive got Jermaine Defoe and Kezman coming in on frees to make up for it!

The annoying thing is that the team who wins the league seems to win all but 6 league games so its gonna be a nightmare trying to claim the title!

Also did anyone find that extra time goes on for at least 130minutes in the old version? I conceeded a 156th minute equaliser in one game - wasnt best pleased i can tell you!

That is just the best game ever :D

I have a game in 2018 odd - started about which I played for about 6 - 7 months odd. Started with Bristol City and ended up winning the Champions league four odd times and the prem about 7 times with Arsenal.

Fernando Cavanaghi is by far the best striker on the game :thumbup: should cost about 7 mil.

I have just got the Gold Demo of this, and it is sooo addictive! I once owned the original Football Manager game by Kevin Toms for my Speccie.

Just a couple of Q's...

How long does the Demo last for?

Should I buy FM2005 or hold out for FM 2007 (released at Christmas, apparently)

I have just got the Gold Demo of this, and it is sooo addictive! I once owned the original Football Manager game by Kevin Toms for my Speccie.

Just a couple of Q's...

How long does the Demo last for?

Should I buy FM2005 or hold out for FM 2007 (released at Christmas, apparently)

The demo lasts until January game time.

Don't know why you would buy FM2005, FM2006 is out now and FM2007 is on it's way before Xmas. If I was you I'd wait a little while for FM2007, it's worth waiting for.

The demo lasts until January game time.

Don't know why you would buy FM2005, FM2006 is out now and FM2007 is on it's way before Xmas. If I was you I'd wait a little while for FM2007, it's worth waiting for.

What are some of the new features/your thoughts on fm07?

Or are you not allowed to say?

;)

Thankfully FM07 comes out on the day of my final exam. A week earlier would have spelt disaster! :P

Im in Spain :unsure: so no doubt I will come back to find the whole of England has sold out. :pinch:

Didn't buy the last one as I am not really one for shelling out 30 quid a year for a few updates. Shall be purchasing this edition however. Booked a couple of days off to get some decent playage in :blush: sad. :D

Archived