Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rangers 'on the verge of signing' Premier League winner Andy King

22 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Oh my god yes, I hope he goes there and smashes it. :wub:

Go have the Bhoys crying into their hovis, then come back a champion for your testimonial, Kingy. :scarf:

(Everything about this transfer is perfect tbh. He'll even be playing in blue.) :worship:

Oh, it most definitely is. Without meaning to stir the sectarian hornet's nest too much, most people in the UK don't take too kindly to IRA sympathies, which the knuckle-dragging sections of Celtic's support like to bring up on a regular basis. They're glorifying terrorists who murdered and blew up innocent civilians multiple times, and for whom splinter groups still exist in Ireland.

To put it into context, it's like a baseball team in NY having sympathies for, and singing songs glorifying, the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks, on the flimsy basis that they feel more affinity to the homeland of the perpetrators than the USA itself. Sectarianism on both sides is f**king stupid, but yaknow, these are UK citizens with an active hatred for the country they live in. :dunno:

I don't think anyone on here needs a lesson on the sectarian violence (and the context about 9/11, while well-meaning, isn't the best example or in the best taste).

I just think most people outside of football could care less about Celtic, and I still think that's true, even in the UK. And it certainly wouldn't be difficult to ascertain their worldwide fan base isn't limited to Irish or Catholic support.

As for Kingy, I hope he does well wherever he goes and doesn't get dragged into this ridiculousness we've got going on with Celtic right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

I don't think anyone on here needs a lesson on the sectarian violence (and the context about 9/11, while well-meaning, isn't the best example or in the best taste).

I just think most people outside of football could care less about Celtic, and I still think that's true, even in the UK. And it certainly wouldn't be difficult to ascertain their worldwide fan base isn't limited to Irish or Catholic support.

As for Kingy, I hope he does well wherever he goes and doesn't get dragged into this ridiculousness we've got going on with Celtic right now.

I don't get it at all. We take their manager and they are not happy because they want to keep a manager who has done well for them - just like we did when they took O'Neill.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Without meaning to stir the sectarian hornet's nest too much, most people in the UK don't take too kindly to IRA sympathies, which the knuckle-dragging sections of Celtic's support like to bring up on a regular basis. They're glorifying terrorists who murdered and blew up innocent civilians multiple times, and for whom splinter groups still exist in Ireland.

To put it into context, it's like a baseball team in NY having sympathies for, and singing songs glorifying, the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks, on the flimsy basis that they feel more affinity to the homeland of the perpetrators than the USA itself. Sectarianism on both sides is f**king stupid, but yaknow, these are UK citizens with an active hatred for the country they live in. :dunno:

I'm very much English - i.e. not a Celtic fan/catholic/Irish - but I must say, you have a terribly ignorant and naive view of the situation and your opinions and comparisons are frankly embarrassing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

I'm very much English - i.e. not a Celtic fan/catholic/Irish - but I must say, you have a terribly ignorant and naive view of the situation and your opinions and comparisons are frankly embarrassing.

I think his first paragraph is absolutely spot on, what’s not correct about it? Followed England away every game for 5 years in the early 2000’s and in my experience real fans across the country do not like Celtic for the exact reason he has highlighted.

When I go Rangers later this month it is with 1 other Leicester lad, 3 Villa, 1 Stoke and a Charlton fan.

• Thanks 1