Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rangers 'on the verge of signing' Premier League winner Andy King

7 hours ago, FOXSE said:

If he did that, it would be amazing. I would want him to then move to Total Network Solutions and make it the triple Crown!

They've been called The New Saints for over 10 years.

26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

He lives near Corby so potentially a very wise move for him if he wants to drink for free in most gaffs there.

I wouldn't want to be paid to drink in most gaffs in Corby.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I am proper old school. A marathon is still a marathon. They can mess about with names, but you can't mess with tradition. I remember Jeff stelling's cries on soccer Saturday, 'they will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!'. They will ALWAYS be Total Network Solutions to me.

If you want to eat 'snickers', and clean your bathroom with 'Cif', be my guest!

Up the fosse.

Soon after the "Marathon"->"Snickers" outrage, I was running a small, remote youth hostel for a few months - and we sold a bit of food and confectionery from the counter.

I Tippexed out the word "Snickers" on every bar and wrote "Marathon" on the wrapper in biro.

Got a lot of love for that from the punters - and Trading Standards have yet to catch up with me. :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I am proper old school. A marathon is still a marathon. They can mess about with names, but you can't mess with tradition. I remember Jeff stelling's cries on soccer Saturday, 'they will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!'. They will ALWAYS be Total Network Solutions to me.

If you want to eat 'snickers', and clean your bathroom with 'Cif', be my guest!

Up the fosse.

I find your lack of 'Opal fruit' disturbing... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Thought it was pretty accurate 

Did you? Makes out like he's some sort of walking injury. Other than his Derby one, I can't think of a time where he was out for a significant amount of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Did you? Makes out like he's some sort of walking injury. Other than his Derby one, I can't think of a time where he was out for a significant amount of time.

I said pretty accurate

is he down the pecking order at Leicester  

did he suffer an ankle injury at Derby  

Did he suffer an hamstring injury  

Now the hamstring was in 14/15 season and he was only out for 16 days so that is embellished a little bit but the rest of it is accurate so in my words pretty accurate. There’s more truths then lies in that article which makes a change for the press so I think my comment is fair . 

Edited by baldeagle

Oh my god yes, I hope he goes there and smashes it. :wub:

Go have the Bhoys crying into their hovis, then come back a champion for your testimonial, Kingy. :scarf:

(Everything about this transfer is perfect tbh. He'll even be playing in blue.) :worship:

17 hours ago, The_77 said:

Definitely not true outside of the UK (not even sure it's true in the UK).

Oh, it most definitely is. Without meaning to stir the sectarian hornet's nest too much, most people in the UK don't take too kindly to IRA sympathies, which the knuckle-dragging sections of Celtic's support like to bring up on a regular basis. They're glorifying terrorists who murdered and blew up innocent civilians multiple times, and for whom splinter groups still exist in Ireland.

To put it into context, it's like a baseball team in NY having sympathies for, and singing songs glorifying, the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks, on the flimsy basis that they feel more affinity to the homeland of the perpetrators than the USA itself. Sectarianism on both sides is f**king stupid, but yaknow, these are UK citizens with an active hatred for the country they live in. :dunno:

EDIT - sorry if that comparison touched a nerve, but it was the only contemporary example I could find of somebody in the US using geopolitics as an excuse to murder people in cold blood. The only other comparable example would be if, say, there were Confederate separatists blowing up people in places like Philadelphia or Seattle. :nono: 

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1