Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

We are proper dog shit to watch as a team but I can't really sniff at the fact we're 2nd in the league and will likely end up in a play-off spot. Barcelona B have absolutely massacred the league already but even as champions you don't definitely go up.

My understanding is this.

Four teams drop from the Segunda, meaning there are four promotion spots out of EIGHTY teams over the 4 leagues.

Each league winner goes into a play-off against another league winner. The two winners are promoted.

The two losers then join 2nd-4th of the leagues and two of those fourteen get promoted.

Basically we're going to have to really pull ourselves together to go up. I'm happy with the season so far but not totally convinced we're that good, and we've lost to far too many B teams for me to be totally satisfied. Levante and Espanyol B should be strolls for us.

Our defensive record is very good mind.

• Like 1

We've somehow blown it and come 5th.

Don't even know where to start. Why is every ****ing team I manage so pathetic and spineless?

Set about 14 players to be released already. Want a total rebuild. I rate about 4 of my players. Lots of them on wages well above what they're worth as well.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Haha 1

lol 'kin hell. Barcelona B have gone up as expected but the other three who made the play-offs were all binned out in the first round. Really did sum up how badly we blew this.

This is my second season in a row following Gladbach that I've contrived to finish 5th by the skin of my teeth when 4th, or even higher was there for the taking. We lost five of our last seven, including getting absolutely whacked twice at home.

Fair play to their owner though who has lobbed some money in and amazingly the wage budget has risen. I want promotion this year. No excuses this time.

Never done anything but the leagues already on the game so the choice I have is overwhelming. Can't choose between total poverty like Estonia where the gulf in class between the top and bottom of the first tier is ginormous, Lithuania, Montenegro, Faroe Islands, Armenia, or something slightly further up the road in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, even Dudelange of Luxembourg. Also have a thing for Dinamo Tblisi

Finished 2nd with Coventry in my 1st season, new owners have come in but nothing has changed really as still have £0 transfer budget. Will be interesting to see who I can bring in and if we can stay up next season in the championship. In the end of season team meeting the players thought that staying up next season was impossible, so its not looking great lol 

Established how the promotion system works.

So it is the four league winners go up against each other over two legs after a draw. The two winners are up.

Then the other 12 teams (2nd-4th) play a play-off. 2nd v 4th and 3rd v 3rd. The six winners are then joined by the two losers, another two rounds and you've got your final two.

Basically we need to win the ****ing league. I don't trust us yet. I'd fancy us to go up with two bites at the cherry but not with one.

We are however flying this season with 30 points from our opening 12 games, what's good we seem capable of smacking someone 4-0 as well as shithousing it 1-0. Was happy with my summers business. Annoyingly though we got moved into a different regional league and somehow landed another bloody good team in Alcorcon who we're neck and neck with, and I fear they're going to pip us to 1st - that we're 2nd with that points per game is ridiculous, we'd be top of any of the other four leagues comfortably. Our games with them will be big I feel as I feel like we're both miles better than anyone else, famous last words.

It's annoying how you can be this good and still have the odds against you to go up. Really tricky. Did not account for how much of an arse this league would be to get out of.

Just had an absolute arse of a game mind at home to an abysmal Sestao River. 0-0 at half time but we'd dominated the game, and we went ahead with about 20 left. Now I love shithouse football but this was ridiculous, every time we gave the ball away cheaply and I expected to be countered they just launched it straight back to us. When we broke them down I thought that was that as we entered the final seconds of injury time, one final clearance from them and that was that. The whistle never arrived for full time, but instead to award them a ****ing penalty out of absolutely nothing which a 38 year old Alex Geijo made no mistake from. 1-1. Full time. An unbelievably shit result against a side we should be stuffing 3-0 minimum. Only real moan of the season so far but we can't throw points away like that if we want to be above Alcorcon.

Edited by Dan LCFC

The national team of Andorra is something I'm keeping half an eye on too although we're still too tinpot to have any effect on them. I think if we hit La Liga and I upgrade the academy a few times you may see some interesting results but nothing yet - though they did beat Azerbaijan at home which I thought was great, only for them to go and lose to pissing San Marino of all teams in their next game.

• Haha 2

I've been quiet in this thread lads and there's a reason. Before the start of my second season in Latvia (March 2020) it became obvious that none of my players were going to sign new contracts and, sooner or later, I'd be royally in the shit without a pot to piss in.

Took the York job the same month (I've saved as incase I fancy going back to Latvia) and managed to sneak up into the Vanarama via the play-offs.

I know some of you will be disappointed in me and I understand, but it was a job I simply couldn't turn down knowing what was round the corner. Made some unforgettable memories at FK Spartaks but I didn't want to be the band playing as the Titanic sank.

As the king of second-rate league Footy Manager saves I have to apologise unreservedly to @Walkers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I've been quiet in this thread lads and there's a reason. Before the start of my second season in Latvia (March 2020) it became obvious that none of my players were going to sign new contracts and, sooner or later, I'd be royally in the shit without a pot to piss in.

Took the York job the same month (I've saved as incase I fancy going back to Latvia) and managed to sneak up into the Vanarama via the play-offs.

I know some of you will be disappointed in me and I understand, but it was a job I simply couldn't turn down knowing what was round the corner. Made some unforgettable memories at FK Spartaks but I didn't want to be the band playing as the Titanic sank.

As the king of second-rate league Footy Manager saves I have to apologise unreservedly to @Walkers

Got some great memories of York on FM 2010 or summat, you're forgiven

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Blatantly obvious we're coming 2nd and ****ing the play-offs. The obvious run of draws has set in.

There it is. We hit a winning run and of course, lose 0-1 to Alcorcon. Absolutely obvious what's coming. They'll win the league, we'll come 2nd and lose in the play-offs. We still bottle basically every big game. Genuinely struggling to fix it on this one - even deliberately signed players with the 'relishes big matches' trait and it's still the same toss.

Signed this bloke as 36 year old back up striker to give me a different option and this was only the second league game started on the last day of the season (already won the league). He's retiring, 37 now so I played him on the last day of the season as a send off which he scored in lol 

1791229030_Screenshot2020-04-09at23_33_04.thumb.png.bfb398917746890ef80457ffd8a5f8e1.png

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 23.38.53.png

Edited by Stadt

Can't quite believe this lol Alcorcon beat us at our place to go 6 ahead of us.

7 games later we're 6 ahead of them, 7 wins on the bounce and Alcorcon have dropped loads - failing to beat both of the bottom two at home in the process.

Only 4 left now, we've got to win the league now and from there, go up too.

image.png.665a25344e4d14532e4d9eae255087b7.png

Get the **** in!!!!!

We won the league and were paired with Cultural Leonesa - who won their league last year but lost out to Barcelona B. Drew 0-0 at home, went 1-0 down very early on away and looked like we were going to get hammered but Ilyas Chaibi writes himself into Andorra folklore. He bagged a superb hat-trick and we ended up winning 2-3.

We bizarrely now have a play-off final against Gimnastic - it's the most pointless play-off final ever though as both teams are already promoted lol 

• Like 2

Some bloody jaw on Melissa Cunha mate, Christ.

----------------

Topped the Conference with York so we're back in the Nationwide (dismal showing in the cups) but the Ipswich gig has come up in League One so I've applied for it (just to test the water tbh) - the Dinamo Bucharest job is vacant in all so that's getting a sweet ass application.

Forgot how much bloody effort English saves are, 46 league games + about three cups.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Romania is a good league too, Steaua were very hard to topple though as Rapid Bucharest

Yeah Dinamo are in an absolute state by the looks of it, every chance they could drop - could be a decent challenge.

Never done a save in Portugal but always fancied toppling the big three with some village team worked up from the third tier

Strangely we absolutely smashed Gimnastic 5-0 over the two legs so we are the official third tier champions. However my squad were gobsmacked that I said "we can try to stay up", and effectively told me we've got no chance of survival. Thanks for the optimism, you've just pissed this league in the end really but we have 'no chance' of survival.

Time for another overhaul.

Oh and we've got a new ground coming in Andorra la Vella that holds just under 7k. Interesting as the club currently plays in Encamp so it's relocated. You have to have a ground that holds 6k or more at this level and you get two years to sort it out, so I'm glad that's sorted. We got taken over at the end of the season and the finances look a little healthier.

This is a fun little save. I'm liking this.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah Dinamo are in an absolute state by the looks of it, every chance they could drop - could be a decent challenge.

Never done a save in Portugal but always fancied toppling the big three with some village team worked up from the third tier

I had a save with Rio Ave on 17 and got them to finish 3rd one year, but my squad was picked off for absolute peanuts and I just thought this is completely pointless. I had this 18 year old Ivorian striker, easily a Premier League level player in future and my board sold him for £750k, "too good to turn down" despite relatively healthy finances. Binned the save immediately at that point. I can deal with losing players but not for a pittance with me having no say in it.

It looks a bit different on this FM mind you. Portuguese teams used to be easy pickings for a bargain but they've got a bit more money now, so I might try that again one time. Rio Ave might even be a shout again, they've got a couple of genuinely good players on this years.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Something has gone to shit in my Brentford team and I can’t work our what (other than my team being full of really young foreigners). I’ve gone from scoring an insane amount of goals to barely having a shot in no time at all.

Switched to 4213 and it’s as shit as it sounds. I’ve got Pontus ****ing Janson demanding a new contract every 6 months despite now being on over £40k.

I’m in the champions league so I’ll see how that goes but I’m jumping ship at the first chance.