Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

So 1st season completed and it couldn’t have gone worse really apart from being relegated that is

finished in 14th just couldn’t find any form whatsoever I could beat the so called big 6 but lose to relegation candidates 

the board stepped in twice over transfers allowing Ricardo to leave for Chelsea for £35 million and then selling the striker I had brought at the start of the season to a Chinese team for £30 million causing absolute mutiny in the changing room on both occasions

a few stats 

Despite making 7 assists in his first 16 games Chilwell only made 1 further assist in the next 22 games 

Still averaged just under 4 goals a game scoring 67 (6th highest) but conceded a league high of 77 

finshed 2nd for shot conversion

1st for most tackles won and conceded the most fouls in the league 
Vardy finished on 22 goals putting him 4th in the top scorers chart, never picked up another yellow card despite getting 10 in his first 13 games 

so to sum up the players hate me the board hate me (ultimatum for next season get 8 points in opening 5 games) but at least I have some money to spend 

Anybody after a top quality left back should sign Rico Henry from Brentford. He topped the assists charts for me 2 seasons in a row. Superb player 

Also Matthias Jensen from Brentford is the most consistent player I've had on the game

Edited by foxfanazer

So I am stuck in a hotel and thought I would download FM 20 mobile onto my mobile phone. So I then thought I would go online and cheat my way to a great few wonder kids but I cannot find any webpage that is specifically for FM 20 mobile. I have tried looking up some but every time I look up The Wonder Kids they suggest, they are not available on the FM 20 mobile so I am assuming it’s a completely different database for FM 20 mobile Then the regular football manager game. Has anyone got any links to help me?

My life is in ruins!

Caved and bought it on my work’s Mac. Only downside is I’m sceptical of getting a dodgy fmbase badgepack on their property.

Picking up where I left off on the free trial, was cutting my teeth with Dortmund, as I haven’t played one since 2017. 

Haaland is just ridiculous. 27 league goals in 28 games, 8 goals in the CL. We’re about to land the title and are still in with a chance of the treble. Getting constant tough draws though. Knocked Juve out and are 1-0 up after the first leg v Real, but Liverpool await in the semis if we make it.

If all goes well, I’ll go for an English lower league save, but really enjoying Germany. Much fewer games.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Caved and bought it on my work’s Mac. Only downside is I’m sceptical of getting a dodgy fmbase badgepack on their property.

Picking up where I left off on the free trial, was cutting my teeth with Dortmund, as I haven’t played one since 2017. 

Haaland is just ridiculous. 27 league goals in 28 games, 8 goals in the CL. We’re about to land the title and are still in with a chance of the treble. Getting constant tough draws though. Knocked Juve out and are 1-0 up after the first leg v Real, but Liverpool await in the semis if we make it.

If all goes well, I’ll go for an English lower league save, but really enjoying Germany. Much fewer games.

I have Haaland up front for leicester in the second season. Scores almost every game. 

Getting pissed off with VAR. 4 disallowed goals in 3 games. 

Grab your beers, hold onto your hats, here's your latest update for you on Southport's route to glory. 

After the previously mentioned win and defeat in the first two games, back to back 0-0's followed and that was a sign of things to come. 8 games, not only without a win, but without a goal either. Yikes. Whilst the defence was still pretty tight, thanks to some inspirational performances from Brad Watkins, who seems to be over his issue about my coaching staff, the problems mounted at the business end of the pitch. The attacking prowess that spearheaded our Vanarama North title win was a distant memory and our best hope was a 0-0. The National League was a different kettle of fish and we were just like said fish, out of water.

I signed a new striker on a free, bringing the Sandgrounders already stretched budget into further disrepute. 13 games without a goal and to think my scout recommended him, pathetic. Despite this woeful attempt to salvage my failing strike force, we ended the spell away at Chesterfield by putting 2 past them, only to inspire the fightback and lose 3-2. A dismal run of 13 games without a win meant we had 7 points after 15 games and remarkably not bottom as Eastleigh somehow conspired to be worse than us. Yes that's right, the team we beat 4-0 on the first day was the only one below me. 

Remarkably whilst this was ongoing I was getting a few job offers, most notably Bradford, Oxford and Rochdale. Not sure what they saw in me, but I had to stay loyal to the Sandgrounders as the lads had kept faith with me despite the dismal form.

The lads had started taking to the 4-4-1-1 for most games, the more cautious tactic, the Harrogate hammerer. So I started going with it more often and slowly but surely, we began to steer the ship around. The new signings I made up front, I benched in favour of my previous talisman, George Newell. Newell the Crown fecking Jewell I say! In the words of the great JB, is it too late now to say sorry? Apparently not, as he fires us to a 2-0 success at Dagenham and the run begins. Darlington are overturned in the cup, draw at Maidstone, win at Ebbsfleet. The rumour mill is still in full flow though, media sharks circling as a the Aldershot game "Could be my last". A draw at Aldershot, win at Dulwich and best of the lot a draw with Barnet after going 2-0 down to the league leaders. We were back, right? 

Indifferent form followed, injuries to key players such as Aransibia and Keshi Anderson cost me my very much already lacking goal threat. The media sharks return, smelling blood yet again.  We roll into the end of January still in big trouble, so I've diced with the budget and with the threat of the boards guillotine hanging over my head, signed a couple of free agents again. They're not a happy bunch, they inject £80k into the club coffers, doesn't do much when you're £400k ish in the red. To balance the books, I try to offload some expendables with half decent wages to no avail. The deadline looms and on deadline day, the sun rises and an offer comes in for my backup keeper. See you later. A more difficult decision to sell a more than decent winger follows, but he has to go does our Erico. £15k that could rise to £23.5k, see you later. 

The captain isn't happy to see a player of such importance leave, I've put my faith in the prospects coming through I tell him, he tells me the prospects are grim. A defeat at Torquay follows, but it does see the return of two key men Anderson and Aransibia. The A-Team.

The whipping boys Eastleigh are dispatched again 3-0, Fylde are also beaten, we draw with Dover and Newell the Crown Jewell smashes a hat trick away at FC Halifax in a 4-2 win to send the Sandgrounders rising like a phoenix from the ashes to a nose bleedingly high 15th. 

To be continued...... 

Bloody hell I don't half go on.

Edited by HowardsBulletHeader
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Beliall said:

well you're shooting downhill, second half will be tougher

Ended 6-0 so was tougher, next game on my Belgium tour was an 11 - 0 win... with nearly 60 shots on goal.. seems I’m doing okay, opening up against villa in the league so let’s see how that one goes ... 

The amount of penalties we concede. Utterly pathetic.

Very 50/50 in terms of will we stay up or not. We seem to have reveloped our knack of scraping the wins against the weaker sides so I think we'll just about do it, but we've still got to play all of the big 3, two of them away, with about 14 games left.

I love a relegation battle. Can't word the satisfaction of winning 0-1 at somewhere like Levante with a second half goal.

theres 2 games left of the season with huddersfield, the team has performed better under me but we are not making the play offs and "the sack is looming" apparantly. will be more annoyed if they keep me all summer and then sack me than if they sack me now. 

Managed to blag 1 coaching course and start another though, so thats nice. 

I recon i could get these useless bastards promoted if i clear out the crap and bring some more players in. but if i get sacked, **** it, i got what i needed

This is going to be seriously tense. We're so Leicester 2014/15 it hurts.

image.thumb.png.3ca090ae15b525b67bccc841758e7433.png

We are in every game (bar the obvious drubbings) but just cannot turns chances into goals. It's annoying because I don't feel like the tactics are the problem - I'm getting criticised for not changing them but ultimately we're still over-achieving, but really if this form keeps up we will drop.

On 22/04/2020 at 22:47, Stadt said:

Somehow missed out on this fella who moved to Saudi Arabia2038218671_Screenshot2020-04-22at22_39_44.thumb.png.c1bd10a34ad03247f4e45fc17774b77f.png

Will be one of the best n the world surely 

All depends on his potential, sometimes players just start with a fair CA or a good spread of attributes that rise quickly because the player is in a shit league so gets early game time mixed with high ambition and professionalism. 

His PA might only be ~10 or so higher and the game still might claim he'll "improve significantly."

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Yeah happens reasonably often. His CA is probably 160ish so even if there’s not much PA left he’ll reach the tier below the very elite 

I mean he's clearly good enough to start already for most Premier League sides. 

I'm just saying you probably don't need to worry about missing out on "one of the best in the world", I mean the game starts spitting out a lot of those regens.

Have a £15m transfer budget with Orlando Pirates due to sales and winning stuff, it's ridiculous tbh. The trouble is I can't really spend it because players that would improve don't really want to join. My best player is on 10 bags a week and I could afford to pay somebody else £30k but it doesn't seem right 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I mean he's clearly good enough to start already for most Premier League sides. 

I'm just saying you probably don't need to worry about missing out on "one of the best in the world", I mean the game starts spitting out a lot of those regens.

As Orlando Pirates it was bit of a blow, if I was Leicester then I wouldn't be arsed 

Just now, Stadt said:

As Orlando Pirates it was bit of a blow, if I was Leicester then I wouldn't be arsed 

Oh yeah definitely, he'd be ****ing amazing in almost any league in the world, you could have him win a European golden boot at Leicester if your tactics were right, he'd tear up most of Europe. 

He'd be like Messi in South Africa and that's now let alone if he improves. 

Despite my best effort to generate some transfer income, we failed our FFP and have an embargo now. The club was failing it when i took over . still have my job, and the board stil lwant me to win the bloody league. im gonna have to moneyball this shit

So I guess the inevitable happened, the board decided to remove me from my responsibilities despite me passing the 8 points in 5 games ultimatum by winning the first 4 games of the season

Alan Pardew replaced me in the hot seat, leicester currently sit in 15th place in the premier league with Pardew still awaiting his first points as manger despite being in charge for 8 games now

as for me I managed to bag the Bradford City job of course it was nothing to do with them being the only team to give me an interview  

Although reasons become extremely clear why shortly after 

Things I knew already bottom of league 1 adrift of safety by 6 points a budget of 16k and over spending on wages 

played 2 games against 2nd and 4th lost both of them,

things I didn’t know beforehand, hadn’t got a professional goalkeeper, the board blocked me signing one on a free as can’t afford wages, can’t sell as its outside the window, since being at the club 8 days have had 9 players complain about lack of game time and want to leave 8 injuries from the last two games I’ve been in charge