Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

Made a superb start in the 2nd tier and sit 5th after 13 games, have already won at Granada, Leganes & Las Palmas. Promotion would be unbelievable but I highly doubt it. I was happy enough to just survive this year to be honest. To say that I told the squad "we will fight bravely against relegation" and them to all basically say "we've got absolutely no chance of survival" - this is quite the turn up.

Signing dirty, aggressive players really seems to work a treat for me. I want us to be the new Getafe.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Encountered a bit of a problem. I've realised that foreign players aren't qualifying for any nationality - not Spain, not Andorra. So I can't even get young South Americans a Spanish passport in two years here, and I can't get any foreign players to play for Andorra. That's a real problem for us.

After 9 games in the Championship with Cov we somehow sit in 7th place after being predicted to finish 22nd. 4 good loans have served us well so far: Brewster and Curtis Jones are in attack and Ben White and Tanganga in defence.

Main issue is the board are being ridiculously stingy, we have the lowest wage bill in the league by a mile and I'm already slightly over budget at 95k p/w but a couple of players are expecting new contracts and the board aren't budging so I can't offer them new deals. Whilst we're winning games its not too difficult to keep them happy but if we go on a bad run of form it could be difficult. Plus our squad is tiny but I don't mind that as I'm having to give quite a few academy players some minutes.

Edited by Ian W LCFC

Assistant managers are useless aren't they? Just lost 5-1 at home to Orlando Pirates, they had a man sent off at 2-1 (scored two set pieces and a long shot) and the assistant manager said "Tell the boys they performed excellently and were unlucky" no lol we were dog wank

• Like 1

sometimes a player scores a goal that makes me open obs and upload to youtube. this player complained about not getting game time, replaces the suspended right back and does this 10 minutes later

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 3

Got absolutely done over by Brexit for the first time ever! 

Second season as Sunderland in the champ, star centre back and star attacking midfielders (both on loan) suddenly become ineligible in January is their wages aren’t 8k!!! Can’t cancel loans and can’t renegotiate to higher salaries 

Fuming 😤 lol 

9 league games left and looks like I'm going up from League Two with York - made the LDV Vans final where I'm up against Arsenal's u-23's, expecting a royal ****ing but the way this crazy Minstermen rollercoaster is going it wouldn't surprise me if the aluminium ends up coming back to York Community Stadium. Only lost twice in the league but drawn an absurd amount of games that's seen me have a right ding-dong with the PUSB inbreds for top spot. Lost a ****ing turncoat youth to Rotherham for a measly 50k compo in all, enjoy your inevitable non-league journeyman career, the Minstermen Express has no time for minty little goblins.

Bolton are in an absolute state and are going down to the Vanarama and Aitor Karanka has pitched up at Crewe.

Don't think I'll do too badly in L1 despite needing to shed the squad and almost completely rebuild, can't imagine I'll go up mind and if I do I'd get routinely spanked in the Champ, that's the first big jump you notice when you're a smaller club isn't it. All my lads getting dazzled by the bright lights of your Ewoods, your KCs, your Riversides.

• Haha 1

Another season done, another league title, thats 3 back to back to back, and we are now in the vanarama national league south! took it to the last day but a 3-0 win over the bottom club did the business. finacially we are screwed, over 600k in debt now despite my best efforts to remain under the wage budget, and the board just increased that limit by anotehr £1000 per week. so i need to decie if im scrapping the current team and trying to get in cheaper player, or just carrying on and hoping to make it into the football league where we might be able to start getting paid.. tough call. either way, i need to reduce the size of the contracts for all the players. 

On 13/04/2020 at 23:09, Beliall said:

sometimes a player scores a goal that makes me open obs and upload to youtube. this player complained about not getting game time, replaces the suspended right back and does this 10 minutes later

Even the game knows that was a cross lol

Probably the most dominant performance I've ever had on FM, could have conceivably been 6-0 at 30 mins so a bit frustrating it only ended 3-0. Hit the post 4 times as well so it could have been 10.

983009865_Screenshot2020-04-16at01_15_20.thumb.png.d3079dac7ca12dd3212f49c8d08758d8.png

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 01.20.16.png

Just salvaged a 2-2 draw in the 90th minute with Kaizer Chiefs who had won their 17 previous games. It's 03:22, I should go bed but the Orlando Pirates job has came up, nob glove Peter Ndlovu is the forerunner but I'm very keen to get because my current club's badge is wank and theirs is class

Edit:

1120158519_Screenshot2020-04-16at03_45_15.thumb.png.bb3d6c0c1ddff82204285bf6a99b5928.png

Yerrrrrssss :cool:

Edited by Stadt

Hate it when their formation changes and it doesn't tell you. I was man-marking their one striker, then they change to 442 and my man-marking is suddenly changed to the striker who just come on. Didn't realise. Original striker scored basically a tap in.

Started off very brightly in League One with York including knocking out 4/4 Championship sides in the Littlewoods, got United coming up in the quarters, but in the meantime I've started about ten other saves just to have another on the side (all of which I've just set the team and left).

Cowdenbeath in the sweaties fourth tier, Ujpest in Hungary or Gothenburg in Sweden look the likeliest to go somewhere. Started a save with ****ing Carmarthen in all, as I was setting the team up had a crisis and left it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Started a new save with Brentford. Coming up to December and currently 2nd in the league. They have some really decent players in Watkins, Canos and *Benhrama. Also didn't realised how many Scandinavian players they have. Not sure what the link is

Their owner Matt Benham I think originally owned Midtjylland of Denmark.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Started a new save with Brentford. Coming up to December and currently 2nd in the league. They have some really decent players in Watkins, Canos and *Benhrama. Also didn't realised how many Scandinavian players they have. Not sure what the link is

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Their owner Matt Benham I think originally owned Midtjylland of Denmark.

Yep. AssMan is also Danish.

I'm a few seasons in with Brentford save and just had the most extraordinary pre-season result...

:dunno:

Screenshot (103).png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What league are you in? 

PL - doing well, but will bin it and start a new one at the end of this season. 

(I’ve been playing this for over quarter of a century and never had a result like this)

Edited by Milo