Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

23 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Spurs were relegated in my first season as Leicester lol

Managed to keep the majority of their big players as well including Kane and Son 

wtf lol 

Kane will surely hit 40+?

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

You'd think so. Got bored of that save so may never know. Tempted to just sim the season and see how they do 

Would be an interesting save, could set every record possible in the Championship 

On 16/04/2020 at 01:43, Stadt said:

Probably the most dominant performance I've ever had on FM, could have conceivably been 6-0 at 30 mins so a bit frustrating it only ended 3-0. Hit the post 4 times as well so it could have been 10.

983009865_Screenshot2020-04-16at01_15_20.thumb.png.d3079dac7ca12dd3212f49c8d08758d8.png

That picture half sums up half of my 15 years in Serbia, it became a disappointment to ever concede a shot on goal tbh

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.5058d4aa96b60b9b6ade47bb8163e3b1.png

This is madness, we are at worst going to finish in the play-offs I think.

We've won 12 of our 18 away games. So many instances of keeping the game tight and pinching it late too. We're becoming exactly the kind of bastards I hoped we would.

Cadiz away is the penultimate game too. That could be enormous and you know what, I fancy us, we've just won at Sporting Gijon.

Barcelona B are a midtable La Liga team, arguably even better, it's beyond stupid how good they are, how in gods name did they drop into the third tier?

We've actually got a really nice run in. I reckon we're gonna do this. ****.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pds said:

Full rotation?

Not a single score from first leg scored in the second.

Couldn't quite rotate fully because of the reg. rules but near enough. It was against a semi pro tea with almost everyone greyed out so it's not that much of a surprise 

Almeria have pinched the final automatic place from us on the final day. Sickening.

image.thumb.png.24356772c78579da79815f80db64bd2b.png

They went and won 0-1 at Real Sporting, we could only draw 0-0 at Deportivo. To be honest it's hard to bollock the squad for that even if we did sort of blow it.

Leganes in the play-offs for us and we're missing a few players. It would be absolutely classic FM for us to lose this - I've beaten them home and away in the league, and away in the Copa Del Rey.

Also currently trying to take on a Pentagon challenge, downloaded the African leagues to help on the first step.

Spent two seasons at Horoya AC in Guinea, brought in some brilliant Ivorian players on the cheap and ended up making the final of the CAF Champions League, unfortunately lost 4-2 to Al-Ahly in the final. Got one player, Brahima Ouattara, who is f**king ridiculous, literally a championship standard AP on £100 a week. Loving the African leagues, so many bargains. 

• Like 1

about to resign. not because the club is doing bad, because we are alright, but we have 200k in the bank, thee denied me a coaching course and THE NEXT DAY sent the assistant manager on one. *****. Been here too long anyway i reckon. need to start this pentagon properly

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.4509090431ec7ba4cf3dcc93d6edc19a.png

Outrageous. How the ****ing hell have we pulled that off lol 

Deportivo was ridiculous. They had a ridiculous number of injuries going into it. We absolutely demolished them at Riazor, 32 Andorra fans up against 32,000 home fans watched us romp to a 0-4 victory. The tie was done after the first leg.

We actually lost 0-1 at home, first goal we'd conceded in something like 7 games.

That's got to be up there with the best season I've had. That squad had absolutely no business being that high up.

Been given £8mil for next season but the majority of that is going to be going back into wages to be honest.

• Like 1

Well well well, can tell I haven't had a PC version of FM in a long time, Jesus Christ it's so much more in depth. 

So I plumped for Southport, spent a good hour and a bit getting to grips with everything. Set up my training to hammer home my tactics and tried to invest in youth as obviously we have no money. Tried to upgrade the youth facilities but old tightwad upstairs said no thanks you've only been here 20 minutes sunshine. ****.

For some reason Southport have 1000 defenders on the books and 7 midfielders and 3 strikers. Suits my preferred 4-2-3-1 down to the ground that obviously. Started by just scouting for free transfers, the squad is really young and I felt the need for an experienced head in midfield.  So plumped for Marvin Elliott the old Bristol City midfielder to just sit in and do a job. The board thinks he isn't worth his wage despite the fact that I knocked £600 off him in negotiations. That's a lotta cash in Southport let me tell you.

Signed an 18 yo Italian left back and a Brazilian attacking midfielder and off we go. No more signings as of yet. Although I've been through so many staff members already, who knew Southport's backroom team were so good, I've had so many of them nicked. 

Seasons started really well, 3 games, 3 wins. Along come Gateshead with 1 point, 21st place and 1 goal in 3 games to give me a 1-0 defeat. Cheers, love that. Now 6 games in and won both of them since the Gateshead debacle. Will resume the adventure tomorrow, still with me barely scratching the surface of the game. 

Up the Sandgrounders! (Yes that is their nickname). 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Osavo said:

Also currently trying to take on a Pentagon challenge, downloaded the African leagues to help on the first step.

Spent two seasons at Horoya AC in Guinea, brought in some brilliant Ivorian players on the cheap and ended up making the final of the CAF Champions League, unfortunately lost 4-2 to Al-Ahly in the final. Got one player, Brahima Ouattara, who is f**king ridiculous, literally a championship standard AP on £100 a week. Loving the African leagues, so many bargains. 

Ouattara is a fantastic bargain if you can get him in, he's absolute mustard 

Struggling with Brentford in the prem. Fixture list hasn't been kind but only accrued 9 points from my opening 10 games. Injuries are hitting me hard at the moment and my strikers have only managed a goal each. Would like to stay even if I'm relegated as I've got some good young players that could really kick on

I reckon we probably got promoted a season too early in hindsight

Edited by foxfanazer

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Struggling with Brentford in the prem. Fixture list hasn't been kind but only accrued 9 points from my opening 10 games. Injuries are hitting me hard at the moment and my strikers have only managed a goal each. Would like to stay even if I'm relegated as I've got some good young players that could really kick on

I reckon we probably got promoted a season too early in hindsight

Happened to me I think. Won conference with Chesterfield then won League Two straight away (didn't see much of a difference). Now I see the difference in League One. Opposition much better and do different things like actually play one-twos. Got Charlton/Hull/Rotherham all in the division and all good sides. I'm 17th after the first month.

I've got the shortest pre-season I think you can possibly have. Spain's second tier finishes ridiculously late as it is, try going up from their play-offs and then starting the 2022/23 season which is screwed by the Qatar World Cup. My final game was 19th June and my first game is 30th July lol absolutely ridiculous.

Managing Hajduk Split in Croatia and I’m now in the third season. The actual league itself is pretty easy, apart from Zagreb and Osjeik everybody is awful, so I’ve managed to win back to back league titles and domestic cups. I’ve got some quality young players but clubs bigger than myself end up putting in offers off 3 million and then when they leave, they are valued at 20 million ish so it makes it hard to compete in Europe. I’ve tried to sign them on contracts without release clauses, but the Croatian First League clearly isn’t prestigious enough :dry:

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Thanks 1