Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Got Bochum up easily, got peanuts to play with in terms of keeping them up. Three games in, started to lose interest so looking to start a save with Plymouth.

Their board were ****ing awful with me. You have next to no chance of staying up with them first year. Selling Bella-Kotchap was actually where it took off a bit for me as that finally got us some money.

I've binned Gladbach off, think it's just going a bit in circles and I'm too early into it to stick with one save for good. I've gone FC Andorra.

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I started a new save using the create a club option to put Melton Town into the Conference North (I think effectively you just "replace" a team in there, change the badge and club details etc but retain the players. you can faff around creating all your own "new" players if you like but I just took what I was given)

It's tough trying to find part time players with no money but there are plenty of decent players out there, although it's hard to tie them down on part time deals it seems

Had a great FA Cup run in my first season beating the likes of Nantwich, Stourbridge, Harrogate, Accrington and Wycombe to reach the 3rd round. Unfortunately the draw wasn't kind to me. No one dreams of drawing Ipswich in the 3rd round......

Cheers might have a look at doing this might keep it interesting for a bit. Thought about having a go on the editor to last time I did that I won the euros with San Marino 😂😂

1 hour ago, pds said:

Is there anyway of carrying on a game on a different laptop. Bought a new one cos the battery on this one's about had it but want to carry on my save.

yeah you can either copy the save file to a removable flash drive or save the game to the steam cloud. its a tab in the save menu in game. just let steam uupload it after you exit

• Thanks 1

I'm always the same if I start a new game. I spend hours trawling through squads of every top flight team in every country doing my own scouting, fiddling with tactics, poring over the staff at the club and scouting new ones of that too, offering friendlies, asking the board for stuff, etc. 

By the time all that's finished and it's time for the first pre-season game it's 2am and have to go to bed. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Miquel how the hell are you getting good Ivorians on yours, every single one of them that ASEC churn out on this years are complete garbage.

I just constantly scout in Africa with the parameters set to find gold, got a right winger from FC Mimosas who's setting Football Complex Botev 1912 alight every Saturday afternoon

Entering my fourth season there but decided to put it down for a moment and start a Latvia save with FK Spartaks, part timers and unfathomably shit, lovely stuff

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Had this a few days now, how many hours are people putting into this to complete seasons Ive spent around 4 hours so far and not even finished preseason yet

about a week to do a season for me, summer to summer

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Jesus!

I play the touch version and can finish a season in a couple of days.

Days? Im in a 2 man online game and we’ve been blasting through seasons in a few hours on sweet sweet touch. 

I’ve started a save on FM19 with Chester. Won national league north 1st season, currently in the national league just outside the play offs. However I’m one of only a few teams in the league who are semi professional. Tried asking the board a few times to go professional but they won’t have it.

anybody know if there’s anything you need to do to get professional status ?

apart from getting promoted.

Just about halfway through my first season on the new FK Spartaks save, going well so far, giving the money men from Riga and Ventspils a right bashing and sit top. Managed to get Legia Warsaw and Steaua as parent clubs which'll hopefully see me get some of that sweet ass talent fired over, lax restrictions on squad registrations means I could draft in a fair few tidy loanees.

I'm restricting opponents to very few chances but they seemingly score with every shot on target, it's like my keeper has Lurpak hands, virtually every game is finishing 3-2 / 4-3 / 4-2 and each match is such a thriller it's turning my pubes grey.

God bless the Latvian High League and all that sail within her, what a crazy ride baby.

Currently in year 2026. Love looking around to see if any new stadiums have been built and who manages who. King Power is now up to 40,650 capacity.

Middlesbrough have moved from the already new Riverside to Juninho Paulista Arena!

My Exeter team are currently sharing with Bournemouth whilst our new stadium is being built. Bournemouth's new stadium recently built is boringly called Bournemouth Park.

Jamie Vardy is manager of Sunderland having previously been sacked by both Preston & Brentford.

• Like 1

Trying to do a pentagon challenge, currently top of the S African 2nd division in my first full season. Finding it more enjoyable because I don't know anyone, can't just buy Olmo, Haaland etc

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Trying to do a pentagon challenge, currently top of the S African 2nd division in my first full season. Finding it more enjoyable because I don't know anyone, can't just buy Olmo, Haaland etc

how did you get a job there in your first season with no badges or experience, its impossible for me, i have tried so many times i resorted to downloading the lower english leagues and working up from there

13 minutes ago, Beliall said:

how did you get a job there in your first season with no badges or experience, its impossible for me, i have tried so many times i resorted to downloading the lower english leagues and working up from there

Didn't seem an issue really? Had a few failed interviews but got the TS Sporting job about 3 months in. The league must have reformed or something because almost all the teams were founded in 2015

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Didn't seem an issue really? Had a few failed interviews but got the TS Sporting job about 3 months in. The league must have reformed or something because almost all the teams were founded in 2015

thats really odd, i have simmed a year without success previously, maybe they updated it. good luck in your challenge

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’ve started a save on FM19 with Chester. Won national league north 1st season, currently in the national league just outside the play offs. However I’m one of only a few teams in the league who are semi professional. Tried asking the board a few times to go professional but they won’t have it.

anybody know if there’s anything you need to do to get professional status ?

apart from getting promoted.

My club is semi pro and I was wondering the same thing. From what I have read you either turn pro when you get promoted to the league, or have lots of money in the bank. I think you will need to renegotiate all your contracts when you turn pro so mid season is probably not the best time for it to happen anyway

• Like 1