Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

21 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Turned down Ludogorets offer who had 17 million quid to blow on transfers in ****ing Bulgaria and I've regretted it ever since. Chairman went over my head and sold one of my boys to Chelsea for about 8 million, now looking to get in some cheap Ivorian talent before the window closes, my spend since I started this save is zero.

Beat some Luxembourg farmers, Celtic on away goals and Midjytland (sp) to still be one game away from the group stages of the Champs League, got the Romanian champions, drew 2-2 away so relatively confident I can do them. That cash will set me up for ages.

The game stinks with regards to values in that part of the world. I had world class players in Serbia and top clubs were offering 5m for them. Thankfully my chairman never went above my head. I remember the first time we qualified for the Champions League by beating Copenhagen after 3 or 4 years of attempting it, great memories

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Walkers said:

The game stinks with regards to values in that part of the world. I had world class players in Serbia and top clubs were offering 5m for them. Thankfully my chairman never went above my head. I remember the first time we qualified for the Champions League by beating Copenhagen after 3 or 4 years of attempting it, great memories

Cracking aint it mate, I love it. Proper get a thrill at looking at Chelsea squad and seeing him being the Bulgarian Winston Bogarde, not getting a kick in their U23s.

Got mesen into the Champions League, the group is Real Madrid, Man City and Leverkusen. Somehow managed to beat Leverkusen in the first game after being 3-1 down, just lost 1-0 in the Bernabeu.

Only difficulty I'm finding so far is the max wage I can dole out - think my top earner is on £1.5k a week, my scouts pick out some gems but I can't afford to get them in, and their wage demands would hardly break the bank.

Also the sense of pride when an academy lad gets picked for Bulgaria, who needs the miracle of parenthood when you've got that.

My academy at Trayal won about 10+ u19 Leagues in a row, and I was still able to loan the superstars out to top Serbian sides like Partizan. I loved monitoring that and carefully promoting youngsters when it was ready or loaning them out to clubs where I knew they'd get game time. Even my lesser youngsters got loan moves to top division sides lol The talent that comes out of Serbia is ridiculous, same with Croatia, less so Bulgaria, those were the 3 countries I had loaded on that game. It was great because Partizan and Red Star in particular blooded some great players and at around 20yo they were cheap as chips at like 3 or 4 million. At that stage my budget would have been about 50m.

Surprised your max wage is that low. Another struggle you'll find in the future is that players don't like to move to that area of the world... my squad was mainly Serbian/Eastern European anyway but I was more or less limited to that European-wise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Walkers said:

My academy at Trayal won about 10+ u19 Leagues in a row, and I was still able to loan the superstars out to top Serbian sides like Partizan. I loved monitoring that and carefully promoting youngsters when it was ready or loaning them out to clubs where I knew they'd get game time. Even my lesser youngsters got loan moves to top division sides lol The talent that comes out of Serbia is ridiculous, same with Croatia, less so Bulgaria, those were the 3 countries I had loaded on that game. It was great because Partizan and Red Star in particular blooded some great players and at around 20yo they were cheap as chips at like 3 or 4 million. At that stage my budget would have been about 50m.

Surprised your max wage is that low. Another struggle you'll find in the future is that players don't like to move to that area of the world... my squad was mainly Serbian/Eastern European anyway but I was more or less limited to that European-wise.

Yeah man, Bulgaria is pretty toss but I'm hoping to become a flat-track bully, now I've won one title and I'm in the group stages, hopefully next season I can splash on some flair North Africans and sell them on and repeat until the AC Milan gig opens up, that's my dream next move I think.

AFC Telford

Won Conference North first season - just signed some youngsters who did the business. 

Conference finished 17th - signed half a new team - started well, finished dreadfully. 

Conference now 11th - going well in the playoffs until the deadline fixture pile-up start. It's so difficult with a part-time club having to play so often. I think half of my squad are on life support machines at the end of every game. Also when you sell players it's at a lot lower price because their contracts are worth naff all - lost two decent players to Exeter and Charlton. Hence I am now courting myself around League 2 clubs. Oh and Callum Wright has been superb for me. 

Started a save with Coventry, after winning every game in pre season and winning the opening 2 games of the league things are looking pretty good. 

I've only made 1 signing so far and thats been Angel Gomes on loan from United lol He's been class so far. Overall the squad is pretty good and theres a decent amount of strength in depth. Only GK and ST are the positions I would like to improve but might wait until the summer or january for that. Seems like there's some good youngsters too.

I'm enjoying probably my favourite save ever. Already played 87 hours this year. The most since 2012 according to Steam.

Started with Northampton, jumped before I was pushed towards the end of the first season. Took over Exeter near the bottom of League 2. Now nearly 5 years later I'm sitting 3rd in the Championship with 10 games to go only a few points behind both Palace and Sunderland.

Done it by loaning in youngsters from top teams for a few years and then signing them at the end of their contracts. Nearly every player in my team has played over 150 games for the club.

I'm going mad. How do you create a new assignment for scouts? I can't see/find the option?

'Scouting' tab. Then 'assignments'. It lists my current ones and loaned players I am watching but can't create a new one??

• Like 1

On 28/03/2020 at 00:46, Beliall said:

FINALLY won the league, after missing out by a single point the last 2 seasons, this save is finally moving upwards . on to the dizzy heights of the bostick league division 1! 

league.jpg

like this skin mate, which one is it?

Just now, Fox92 said:

I'm going mad. How do you create a new assignment for scouts? I can't see/find the option?

'Scouting' tab. Then 'assignments'. It lists my current ones and loaned players I am watching but can't create a new one??

This has done my nut in before. I think it might be on the individual scouts page

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

like this skin mate, which one is it?

its called "Tad20" and its ****ing sexy  https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm20-skins.html?id=6375

(latest links and forum thread --> https://community.sigames.com/topic/505026-fm20-skin-tad20-v-11-18032020-and-teal20-v11-31122019/ )

Edited by Beliall
  • Thanks 1

Considered Brentford and maybe Alkhmaar but ended up opting for Valencia.

23 games in and I’m on 54 points, a point behind both Real Madrid and Barcelona and I’ve got a CL knockout game Vs Tottenham soon. It’s surprisingly good in La Liga, but I think I’ll drop away as I have a very small squad.

By about November of this season I thought my Gladbach side had an outside bet of winning the league if Bayern slipped up. Now I'm really worrying that newly promoted Wolfsburg are going to stop me getting into the top 4. It's pathetic. We can't win away to save our lives at the minute.

Filipe Cruz one of the best bargains I've signed. Benfica are a ridiculously good club to sign from.