Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

Cheers @Beliall for that skin - your're right, it looks really good and seems to have all the information you need without having to click around too much

So anyway, that got me thinking. Since I've almost exlusively played FM Touch for the last year (sadly for which skins are not extensively available), then if I want to benefit from this skin then I'm going to have to get on board with the "full" version again. Seeing as we all seem to have a bit more time now, I thought it might be time to dip back in. But it all seems a bit overwhelming? 

Team talks, training, press interviews, balancing dozens of staff of all varieties. Player hierarchy too. 

Anyone got any tips for what to delegate and how to manage the tasks you do yourself?

4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Cheers @Beliall for that skin - your're right, it looks really good and seems to have all the information you need without having to click around too much

So anyway, that got me thinking. Since I've almost exlusively played FM Touch for the last year (sadly for which skins are not extensively available), then if I want to benefit from this skin then I'm going to have to get on board with the "full" version again. Seeing as we all seem to have a bit more time now, I thought it might be time to dip back in. But it all seems a bit overwhelming? 

Team talks, training, press interviews, balancing dozens of staff of all varieties. Player hierarchy too. 

Anyone got any tips for what to delegate and how to manage the tasks you do yourself?

manage everything yourself to start, and when stuff starts annoying you, delegate it. i generally let the staff handle everything below the first team and do the rest myself

On 29/03/2020 at 17:19, Fox92 said:

I'm going mad. How do you create a new assignment for scouts? I can't see/find the option?

'Scouting' tab. Then 'assignments'. It lists my current ones and loaned players I am watching but can't create a new one??

I had this. I think it was due to my DoF being in control of scouting assignments, took me ages to figure out!

I've started with Dortmund to get into it. Despite us being shit, we're top of the Bundesliga, won the German Super Cup and have beaten Barcelona. Clouds over us scraping past shit teams in the cup and Basaksehir in the CL. Lost 4-3 to bottom of the league Freiburg too. Feels like we're rubbish yet grind out wins.

I just did something in FM i have never done before. well, 3 things
1 - i got pissed when we won the title with a 1-1 draw against a shit side
2- won back to back titles
3- UNDEFEATED SEASON

that last game took forever!

invincible.jpg

• Like 2

On 31/03/2020 at 10:48, Walkers said:

Are those bog standard Austrian clubs spending like 5m on players?

Salzburg have taken in loads of money for their team which you expect, but they seem to have this desire to just sign Austrians from now on, they effectively want to be Austria's national team playing in their league - and the bloke they bought off me is Austrian.

It's beyond stupid they've paid that. He's worth about £8mil tops for me. They want Schlager off us too, I like him but I'd again cash in at the right price.

We've completely bottled everything as well. Absolutely pathetic end to this season. Started it off flying and thought I was in genuine contention with Bayern at one point, but we seemed to stop creating chances and everything else has come tumbling down on us since then. We also bottled the cup semi away at Bochum, unforgivable given they've since been relegated, 2-1 in extra time - eerily similar to Villa in real life for us.

We've finished 5th bar a huge final day swing but I've got no faith we'll even win our game, against struggling Werder Bremen at home. Newly promoted Wolfsburg beat us on the penultimate weekend to confirm 4th place for them meaning I've blown my season objectives. I think this has been really steady for a first save but this season's massively ****ed me off, still trying to figure out what works best on the game mind.

To sum us up we've won three away games all season - Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen.

We took 6 points off Bayern and 1 off Bochum lol We also have a ridiculously long unbeaten record against Dortmund which stretches back to before I was in charge, they've not beaten Gladbach on this save in something like 6 years.

Committed a cardinal sin as well and blew £26mil on a winger who I just cannot fit into any kind of working system. A shocking signing so far, granted he's young.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Third season with Botev Plovdiv, managed to steer them out of a Champions League group containing Juve and United (who for some reason are obscene on my save). Winter break now, drew PSG in the round of 16 - they're in for a royal dicking, baby!

Managed to placate the odd unsettled star without any fuss, got an Ivorian teen at centre half who's the absolute bollocks, rotate him with my pair of academy graduates for the two spots and they're all coming on well. Signed some Nigerian CM who was a bit of a buy cheap, sell high purchase at first, nothing remarkable, but played him due to fixture congestion and he's been Colonel MUSTARD. Potential has skyrocketed in all, lovely stuff - average age of my side is sub-20.

Had an offer from Inter after accepting an interview but turned it down, I've got Latvia and Bosnia loaded on this save so its either FK Sarajevo or FK Spartaks for me next I reckon. Botev are moving to a new stadium season after next though and I fancy being there for the ribbon cutting with a giant pair of novelty scissors before jumping ship. **** going to a big side though.

TOO MANY TALENTED IVORIAN TEENS SPOIL THE NON-EU RESTRICTIONS

You're in charge of Botev Plovdiv and I say with near certainty you'd beat my side that I've spent £100mil on lol what tactics are you using?

I've just played around with the default ones after creating one of my own to start with which turned out to be pretty awful. I built this side around controlling possession, but after a very strong 6 months it just turned into Puelball. A clear cut chance every couple of games if we were lucky.

I may give FC Andorra a go after this if I get bored.

As expected we've finished 5th, we did actually beat Bremen and Wolfsburg lost, meaning we've really managed to cock it up when it was there for us on a plate. Board are rightly unhappy with it and the aims next season are to qualify for the Europa League? Baffling to me.

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You're in charge of Botev Plovdiv and I say with near certainty you'd beat my side that I've spent £100mil on lol what tactics are you using?

I've just played around with the default ones after creating one of my own to start with which turned out to be pretty awful. I built this side around controlling possession, but after a very strong 6 months it just turned into Puelball. A clear cut chance every couple of games if we were lucky.

I may give FC Andorra a go after this if I get bored.

No tactics in particular mate, first time I'd picked it up so haven't gone too deep into that, just a striker (CF - attack),  two wingers both set to attack, a CAM (support), ball winning CM and Mezzala CM then the defence always changes. Always set up positive no matter what game and keep the ball.

Probably worth noting that Bulgaria is (virtually, bar maybe Levski and CSKA) a level playing field after Ludogorets so you're only having to overthrow the one side, some steady recruitment and the odd decent academy product and one season can become DECADES OF DOMINANCE 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

No tactics in particular mate, first time I'd picked it up so haven't gone too deep into that, just a striker (CF - attack),  two wingers both set to attack, a CAM (support), ball winning CM and Mezzala CM then the defence always changes. Always set up positive no matter what game and keep the ball.

Probably worth noting that Bulgaria is (virtually, bar maybe Levski and CSKA) a level playing field after Ludogorets so you're only having to overthrow the one side, some steady recruitment and the odd decent academy product and one season can become DECADES OF DOMINANCE 

Yeah I see what you're saying, it was you somehow getting through that CL group that got me lol 

It's tricky when it comes to tactics, I like finding things that work obviously but on FM17 I found something that was so overpowered that it just made the game a bit boring. I couldn't fail no matter what I did.

• Like 1

Currently playing through, possibly, my favourite ever save.

Season 1 - Started with Leeds, won the championship at a canter.

Season 2 - Left Leeds after 14 games (2 pts clear of the relegation zone) to take the Wolves job (with £60m to spend). They were 15th when I took over, finished 7th, they sacked me.

Season 3 - Took the Oxford job in league 1. 26 games in, they were 12th. Board wanted playoffs, finished 9th and despite everyone of the final 6 games “deciding my fate”, they offered me a new deal. 

Season 4 - Won the title on the last day of the season with a very young squad and a lot of loans. Turned down Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Hull, Stoke & Sheff Wed job offers throughout the season. 

Season 5 - 4 games into the Championship and I sit 9th.

• Like 1

Free trial ended and I caved and bought it. Drew 0-0 with PSG in Plovdiv but crashed out in Paris, 3-1. Still proud of the computer generated lads.

Hibs job rolled about and with them being my second team IRL I was tempted, but I'm on the home straight now and want to see the season out. One more season, no job offers that tempt me and I'll start that new save with Sarajevo I reckon. I say that but boy o boy Botev Plovdev I just can't quit you. Now when people say 'Bulgarian First League' they think AFRICAN FLAIR

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Haha 1

On 31/03/2020 at 19:50, Md9 said:

Really struggling to think of someone to start with seen a few people saying they started by making their own club is tht worth spending time doing?

I started a new save using the create a club option to put Melton Town into the Conference North (I think effectively you just "replace" a team in there, change the badge and club details etc but retain the players. you can faff around creating all your own "new" players if you like but I just took what I was given)

It's tough trying to find part time players with no money but there are plenty of decent players out there, although it's hard to tie them down on part time deals it seems

Had a great FA Cup run in my first season beating the likes of Nantwich, Stourbridge, Harrogate, Accrington and Wycombe to reach the 3rd round. Unfortunately the draw wasn't kind to me. No one dreams of drawing Ipswich in the 3rd round......