Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

Burton Albion (A) Carabao Cup - Tues 29th Oct

16 minutes ago, Isaac Rahman said:

When will they announce if they release the extra allocation? Said “a few days” 3 days ago so thought they would do it today.

The ticket office never announce owt on a Sunday but I'm expecting some sort of announcement tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Isaac Rahman said:

But would burton announce today whether we get the extra allocation?

It's down to Burton not our club. I can only assume they gave it over Friday and the weekend. So an assessment tomorrow with an announcement late tomorrow sounds reasonable but your guess is as good as mine.

• Like 1

I doubt it, they are probably still deciding what to do with two weeks to go until the game comes around. I would imagine there will be a decision this week. The only communication there may be more tickets has come from Burton, nothing from LCFC. I’d keep track of the Burton website rather than ours for that

36 minutes ago, Isaac Rahman said:

Just called LCFC, asked about whether they knew about us getting the other stand. The lady said that as far as they were all aware we won’t get any more tickets...? Seems odd, assumed we were going to get more, does anyone know if there has been a surge of burton buying home tickets

Burton are still pushing heavily to sell tickets. A lot of fans have been annoyed at them even thinking about giving us extra tickets. So I would think they will track sales and if they can sell most of the tickets, they'll keep them all to themselves.

Probably 50/50 at the minute. Don't bother with our ticket office, they will be clueless. Burton will be in the know and publish any info as DerbyshireFox says above.

They didn’t even put the stand behind the goal on sale to the Burton fans as they wanted to see how sales went first. They only had 2000 for Bournemouth and 450 of that was from Bournemouth. The fans who normally go behind the goal don’t want to move according to my Brewers friend, so are boycotting. Unless they change course, they’ve sold under 50% of the pop side stand that’s open (where I’ve got my tickets). Unless things change, I’d be surprised if they get demand for the rest of the pop side and behind the goal

We've just got to wait, and see what Burton do.

It's their ground, after all, and I'm sure their chairman is getting grief from some of the Burton fans.   I reckon that they'll hang on as long as possible, to try and get enough support up to justify them opening the terrace behind the goal.   Even if they thought they'd only get 300 there, I think they'll keep it for themselves.

We can't expect anything.  If we're lucky and get some extra tickets, then it's a bonus.   But we can't expect it.   They've already given us about 25%, which is generous by today's standards.

As someone has already said, the silly thing, is that all they needed to do was put a temporary split in the pop side ... and give us half of it.   That would've been another 1000 tickets, their fans could have gone behing the goal, and everyone would've been happy.    It's not the 1970's or 80's, so I don't think there would have been any security problems in doing that.

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Fair play to their home end for boycotting. They should have just given us the side terrace and told those fans to go behind the goal. Surely easier from a policing/stewarding point of view too, rather than having away fans at either end.

But it has almost 1,000 more capacity, plus you would get those Burton regulars on the side of the pitch moan. As the poster says above, splitting the side terrace would have been the perfect option but I bet the extra steward/policing cost and EFL kicking off would probably have prevented it.

2 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

They didn’t even put the stand behind the goal on sale to the Burton fans as they wanted to see how sales went first. They only had 2000 for Bournemouth and 450 of that was from Bournemouth. The fans who normally go behind the goal don’t want to move according to my Brewers friend, so are boycotting. Unless they change course, they’ve sold under 50% of the pop side stand that’s open (where I’ve got my tickets). Unless things change, I’d be surprised if they get demand for the rest of the pop side and behind the goal

Went to the Burton v Bournemouth game in the previous round and this stand wasn’t even open. 

Burton have sold the rest of their Popside tickets, so the only stand left is their home end now - looks like they have sold enough to keep that for home fans. Demand has obviously picked up. Have to see what Burton say but it’s unlikely I’d think. Any allocation wouldn’t be a full stand put it that way!

edit - now confirmed https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/1610-tickets/

Edited by DerbyshireFox

BURTON Albion Football Club will be opening the Don Amott Stand to home fans for our Carabao Cup Fourth Round tie against Leicester City after supporters responded to a call to back the Brewers.

The game takes place at the Pirelli Stadium on Tuesday, October 29, (7.45pm kick-off). Leicester have sold out of their allocation of tickets and the club was considering offering them the Don Amott Stand.

But the number of terrace tickets purchased by home fans for the UK Waterproofing Solutions Stand (popside) has increased considerably meaning that the traditional home end will be open to Albion supporters as well.

All seats for both home and away fans are sold out.

Burton Albion Chairman Ben Robinson said: “The majority of tickets for the UK Waterproofing Solutions Stand have now been sold and so we have decided to open up the Don Amott stand to our supporters as well.

“Anyone who has bought tickets for the UK Waterproofing Solutions Stand who wishes to transfer to the Don Amott Stand will be able to do so.

“I want to thank the supporters for their patience as we have worked through the best ticketing arrangements for this game which promises to be another great Pirelli Stadium cup tie.”

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/1610-tickets/