Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

Burton Albion (A) Carabao Cup - Tues 29th Oct

58 minutes ago, Isaac Rahman said:

If we get the extra allocation, giving that the previous block sold out at 360 points, is it likely that tickets will reach to 320?

Yes, I would think if we get the extra allocation, there would be more than enough to go round. 305+ would be certain. I think it could even make All STH.

3 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Hopefully Burton decide soon. How many times can you threaten your own fans you will give the away side half the ground before you just actually do it!! 😂

I think they will decide by end of tomorrow or max give it over the weekend. It's like warning your child over and over about something they are gonna do anyway

9 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

My Brewers friend was hoping playing on home turf might give them more of a chance. I did point out home advantage might fall by the wayside if we fill half of their stadium for them 😂

They have sold out seats. However, if they do sell out even just the one terrace they will only have a couple hundred more than us. And away supporters are generally more vocal anyway.

As said above, having a set of fans behind each goal is strange but it was easiest for them. Behind the goal holds about 1,400 whereas the side of the pitch holds about 2,000. Not sure they fancied splitting that terrace in half, difficult to police.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Burton fans are quite obviously not happy with the club's approach here. I think that is also contributing to lower numbers. Burton might make some money off this but they are also shooting themselves in the foot. I guess the owner just sees the £££.

Have I understood this right?   Burton fans aren't happy that the owner might offer more tickets to away fans, and are responding by not buying tickets, which means that owner will definitely offer more tickets to away fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

They have sold out seats. However, if they do sell out even just the one terrace they will only have a couple hundred more than us. And away supporters are generally more vocal anyway.

As said above, having a set of fans behind each goal is strange but it was easiest for them. Behind the goal holds about 1,400 whereas the side of the pitch holds about 2,000. Not sure they fancied splitting that terrace in half, difficult to police.

So we'd have two 1400 space terraces and a few hundred seats?

6 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

Have I understood this right?   Burton fans aren't happy that the owner might offer more tickets to away fans, and are responding by not buying tickets, which means that owner will definitely offer more tickets to away fans.

Many factors:

1. Apparently most Burton fans like to sit. THey have sold out the seated stand.

2. The stand that might be given to us is their Kop equivalent, so some fans are refusing to move over to the side of the pitch.

3. They are not happy that they would rather fill the ground with away fans who then have home advantage essentially (even though we would still be louder than 3-4,000 of their fans either way.

But yes, bit of a catch 22.

I think the best solution would have been to give us half of the stand on the side of the pitch but who knows if that was possible to police/steward.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So we'd have two 1400 space terraces and a few hundred seats?

Yes, correct. The total is around 3,000.

We had 400 seats and 1,300 standing. So assuming the other end of the pitch has the same capacity, so another 1,300 terraced, we would have 3,000 in total.

So 1,300 actually each terrace, not 1,400 as I initially said.

They are trying to encourage more fans to the club, which is a hard sell with Derby just down the A38, and being bang in the middle of east and West Midlands. Daughter is now having more involvement in the club apparently. The loyal ones who go every week for years feel like they are being forgotten about in the quest to bring more fans in according to my friend. How true that is I don’t know

1 minute ago, DerbyshireFox said:

They are trying to encourage more fans to the club, which is a hard sell with Derby just down the A38, and being bang in the middle of east and West Midlands. Daughter is now having more involvement in the club apparently. The loyal ones who go every week for years feel like they are being forgotten about in the quest to bring more fans in according to my friend. How true that is I don’t know

You can understand that, the long term Burton fans will have the hump with new glory hunters they are trying to atttact! 

1 minute ago, TamworthFoxes said:

You can understand that, the long term Burton fans will have the hump with new glory hunters they are trying to atttact! 

Yeah it’s a difficult one. Being a small club they need to attract new blood to bring in the money, but balance it by not losing the loyal fans that have been going since the non league days. 

On 11/10/2019 at 10:14, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, correct. The total is around 3,000.

We had 400 seats and 1,300 standing. So assuming the other end of the pitch has the same capacity, so another 1,300 terraced, we would have 3,000 in total.

So 1,300 actually each terrace, not 1,400 as I initially said.

I'm sure they're opening the side up to us not both of the behind the goals?

Will be like a Rangers or Celtic game if they do have us behind both ends of the goal lol

Edited by Ashley