Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Extinction Rebellion

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Now being beaten up by the public - really winning hearts and minds lol

https://news.sky.com/story/furious-commuters-drag-extinction-rebellion-protester-from-top-of-tube-11837385

There is a problem with the environment that needs sorting but delaying normal working people by behaving like prats is destroying the cause. 

10 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

There is a problem with the environment that needs sorting but delaying normal working people by behaving like prats is destroying the cause. 

Tbf if they just did a normal march or gathered for a protest without disturbing anyone, nobody would care and the media would quickly move on to something else. I agree there is prattish behaviour but can see why they're doing it. 

Edited by lgfualol

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

This is what happens when the police don't do their jobs, the public have to police things themselves.

You know you're on the right side when frail old ladies are trying to get in your way so you can't stomp on a human being on the ground.

• Like 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

You know you're on the right side when frail old ladies are trying to get in your way so you can't stomp on a human being on the ground.

No one should kick someone on the ground, but no problem at all with giving these tossers a few slaps if they think they can go around behaving like this.

I can't believe they tried Canning Town, do they really think they were going to tolerate this woke middle class nonsense? Should really stick to central London.

22 minutes ago, MattP said:

Now being beaten up by the public - really winning hearts and minds lol

https://news.sky.com/story/furious-commuters-drag-extinction-rebellion-protester-from-top-of-tube-11837385

"The very same people pushing others to use public transportation are preventing people from using public transportation."

:crylaugh:

Somebody give these protestors a brain. Half one would already do.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Oh, group rage. Pathetic, yes.

Disrupting train services and kicking another person in the head isn't much better, either.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

No one should kick someone on the ground, but no problem at all with giving these tossers a few slaps if they think they can go around behaving like this.

I can't believe they tried Canning Town, do they really think they were going to tolerate this woke middle class nonsense? Should really stick to central London.

Just to be clear, you support the use of violence against non-violent protesters?  Get yourself to Hong Kong, the Chinese state needs more people like you.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Oh, group rage. Pathetic, yes.

Disrupting train services and kicking another person in the head isn't much better, either.

Kicking a person in self defence as they lunge at you is a lot better than kicking someone lying defenceless on the ground.

Just to be clear, you support the use of violence against non-violent protesters?  Get yourself to Hong Kong, the Chinese state needs more people like you.

Diverting from the issue at hand. What this particular dimwit has done in East London is hardly comparable with what Hong Kong protestors are up against.

I'm sorry, but please find a better analogy.

Nobody would welcome violence against a set of protestors, unless one were attacked first.

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I have no problem at all with the public doing a collective job to remove these people with force if they are stopping the public from going about their daily business. 

The police should be doing it, but they are totally incapable of doing so.

I hope this inspires more people to do the same. 

As for the comparison with Hong Kong - lol

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Kicking a person in self defence as they lunge at you is a lot better than kicking someone lying defenceless on the ground.

I'm not trying to make an argument for one side or the other, I think both sets behaved badly.

You could also argue that the kicking was absolutely unnecessary. If it was just about peacefully disrupting train services, you accept the fact that people will eventually come for you, trying to get you off the train asap - unless you don't consider the consequences of your own actions. There was no real need for kicking, he could've just as much handed himself in normally.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Diverting from the issue at hand. What this particular dimwit has done in East London is hardly comparable with what Hong Kong protestors are up against.

I'm sorry, but please find a better analogy.

Nobody would welcome violence against a set of protestors, unless one were attacked first.

I'm sympathetic to the shittiness of their behaviour in the eyes of the hundreds of people just trying to get somewhere but they haven't been attacked so your logic doesn't hold up here.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

I'm not trying to make an argument for one side or the other, I think both sets behaved badly.

You could also argue that the kicking was absolutely unnecessary. If it was just about peacefully disrupting train services, you accept the fact that people will eventually come for you, trying to get you off the train asap - unless you don't consider the consequences of your own actions. There was no real need for kicking, he could've just as much handed himself in normally.

Then it wouldn't be a protest, would it?  "Hey guys let's stop this bad thing from happening.   No?  You're upset?  Well ok I've had my say so please carry on what you were doing regardless".

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

"The very same people pushing others to use public transportation are preventing people from using public transportation."

:crylaugh:

Somebody give these protestors a brain. Half one would already do.

This, however is a very valid point.  I imagine the goal was to affect as many as possible but it definitely comes across as counterproductive to their message here.

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm sympathetic to the shittiness of their behaviour in the eyes of the hundreds of people just trying to get somewhere but they haven't been attacked so your logic doesn't hold up here.

Maybe these dimwits trying to block public transportation should reflect their actions a bit more thoroughly. Trying to disrupt services hardly comes without a response, especially given the fact that the violent part came from said dimwit first.

I'd also like to think that commuters in the GLA are more frustrated than others on a daily basis, trying to make a living. It's probably one of the worst examples in the modern world (high competitiveness, high costs of living, general stress levels, so many people, daily commute, public transportation oftentimes unreliable, traffic congestions, aso).

I mean, we can argue that we should have a bit of sympathy for ER's cause, so we should equally consider what regular people have to go through every day, trying to earn a wage, especially in a city like London.

Not that I condone violence.

Edited by MC Prussian

Then it wouldn't be a protest, would it?  "Hey guys let's stop this bad thing from happening.   No?  You're upset?  Well ok I've had my say so please carry on what you were doing regardless".

How's that for a logic? There was absolutely no need for the kicking, unless he had been attacked first. Which he wasn't.

Of course he could still be seen as protesting if he came down the train on his own after a while. Although I couldn't guarantee the mob would've behaved much differently.

Based on the footage, it's also not clear whether he was a true ER protestor or just a copycat, a crazy person, aso.

I mean, this is getting ridiculous. Sure you've heard of the loonie who climbed an airplane at London City airport and hung onto the roof recently? Beggars belief, really.

Unbelievable, he's spent a week emboldening these people with his sympathy and now as the public start to show what they really think he switches. 

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

How's that for a logic? There was absolutely no need for the kicking, unless he had been attacked first. Which he wasn't.

Of course he could still be seen as protesting if he came down the train on his own after a while. Although I couldn't guarantee the mob would've behaved much differently.

Based on the footage, it's also not clear whether he was a true ER protestor or just a copycat, a crazy person, aso.

I mean, this is getting ridiculous. Sure you've heard of the loonie who climbed an airplane at London City airport and hung onto the roof recently? Beggars belief, really.

He wasn't attacked first?  Unless there's a bit of that video I missed, the only kick I see from the protester is as somebody is approaching him to grab his ankles and he defends himself.  I suppose you could argue that as the attack hadn't reached him yet he was delivering the first strike but that would be disingenuous to say the least.

If he's a crazy person then it's even worse that those people laid into him on the ground.

Everyone is entitled to get their voice heard, but not at the expense of other innocent people who are going about their lives as normal. By all means, protest outside parliament, No 10 or whichever companies houses that you are trying to go against. But not your every day people.

Good on them for being called up and pulled off. Idiots.