Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Extinction Rebellion

Of course, using unnecessary violence is not acceptable. But using enough force to remove these idiots is acceptable.

Brainless protesting. Maybe not all people using that tube have somewhere important to go, but I am sure there are 100s that do. Doctors, nurses, public service staff that are trying to get to work and save lives, help people are being disrupted by some idiots "trying to do good for the planet". They really need to put their heads together a bit more and protest in a sensible way, targeting those who they are trying to put blame and shame on.

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

He wasn't attacked first? Unless there's a bit of that video I missed, the only kick I see from the protester is as somebody is approaching him to grab his ankles and he defends himself.  I suppose you could argue that as the attack hadn't reached him yet he was delivering the first strike but that would be disingenuous to say the least.

If he's a crazy person then it's even worse that those people laid into him on the ground.

How is a guy trying to pull you off the top of a train that you're blocking an "attack"? You're going to great lengths with your argument here.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

How is a guy trying to pull you off the top of a train that you're blocking an "attack"? You're going to great lengths with your argument here.

How is trying to drag a person down off a tall structure into an angry crowd an attack?  Did you really just ask that? I'm not denying the guy's put himself in that situation in the first place but I'm going millimetres here and I hate to be the one to break this to you but that's not a great length, your wife's just being nice to you.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Was only ever a matter of time. You're not going to convince people to support you if you're stopping them from providing for their families. What good is saving the planet if you're homeless and starving after all. 

Idiots. 

Especially if those people are using public transport to do so. They've picked absolutely the wrong target there.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

How is trying to drag a person down off a tall structure into an angry crowd an attack?  Did you really just ask that? I'm not denying the guy's put himself in that situation in the first place but I'm going millimetres here and I hate to be the one to break this to you but that's not a great length, your wife's just being nice to you.

Thank you for your concern, but luckily I'm not married. :D

EDIT: "Tall structure". lol 

Edited by MC Prussian

43 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

He wasn't attacked first?  Unless there's a bit of that video I missed, the only kick I see from the protester is as somebody is approaching him to grab his ankles and he defends himself.  I suppose you could argue that as the attack hadn't reached him yet he was delivering the first strike but that would be disingenuous to say the least.

If he's a crazy person then it's even worse that those people laid into him on the ground.

He tries to kick someone quite violently in the head who is just doing a public service in trying to remove him from the top of the tube. 

The more I watch it the most I think he did deserve a kicking.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

He tries to kick someone quite violently in the head who is just doing a public service in trying to remove him from the top of the tube. 

Maybe not a "kicking" but certainly some responsive force.

As long as they are given ample opportunity to come down, first a polite request, then a firmer request, then a final warning, then drag them off (pleasantly). If they then keep refusing or reacting to you, get a bit firmer. I mean no one should deserve a good kicking but they need to be met with a firm enough stance to remove them, whatever it takes. A couple of people should be enough to carry someone off the platform.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Doing a public service is jumping out of your car to help a road officer push a broken down vehicle out of traffic.  Meting out mob justice is not that.

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

As long as they are given ample opportunity to come down, first a polite request, then a firmer request, then a final warning, then drag them off (pleasantly). If they then keep refusing or reacting to you, get a bit firmer. I mean no one should deserve a good kicking but they need to be met with a firm enough stance to remove them, whatever it takes. A couple of people should be enough to carry someone off the platform.

Pretty much this, which would have no doubt been the approach were they to let the TFL staff do their jobs and get police in if necessary. 

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Doing a public service is jumping out of your car to help a road officer push a broken down vehicle out of traffic.  Meting out mob justice is not that.

The public service was dragging him off the tube.

Read what I'm writing.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Pretty much this, which would have no doubt been the approach were they to let the TFL staff do their jobs and get police in if necessary. 

They would still be sat there now had they done that.

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, but we don't know what went on before the video starts. For all we know, the crowd were patient enough and tried to talk these dimwits out of it for a prolonged period of time.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I think he refers to the fact that there are 1000's of people who are trying to get to their jobs/families/whatever. He is doing a public service by enabling everyone to do that.

Has anyone thought about the fact that this would be an ideal area for an act of terrorism. More and more people are joining the queues/platforms across many stations at rush hour causing masses to gather (more than normal). There are risks of crushing and not to think if someone decided to let loose in that crowd. All caused by unnecessary endangering of the public by some moronic protesters.

I think the person was doing a public service in this case.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Yes, but we don't know what went on before the video starts. For all we know, the crowd were patient enough and tried to talk these dimwits out of it for a prolonged period of time.

Yes, I am not disagreeing with the fact action needs taken, but even though it can get heated (and I struggle to rationally think when I get p1ssed off), it should still only be requiring necessary force. Drag them across the floor with a couple of people and hand them to police or whatever by all means, but they should not be ganged upon, even punching is not really acceptable (in any situation unless you fear for lives or people are in immediate danger).

There's my rational response. Ask me again if I was in the middle of that scenario...

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

News station this morning said they were on it for twenty minutes.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

You can't isolate that act from its outcome of landing him at the feet of people who clearly mean him harm.

His own fault. His own responsibility. No sympathy whatsoever.

Everything that happened here was completely of his own making. 

25 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, I am not disagreeing with the fact action needs taken, but even though it can get heated (and I struggle to rationally think when I get p1ssed off), it should still only be requiring necessary force. Drag them across the floor with a couple of people and hand them to police or whatever by all means, but they should not be ganged upon, even punching is not really acceptable (in any situation unless you fear for lives or people are in immediate danger).

There's my rational response. Ask me again if I was in the middle of that scenario...

Context is everything. Early morning commuters just want to get through the day, shitty job in a shitty office. I can see there being a general sense of already existing frustration, and although I do not condone this excessive mob violence, I can see where they're coming from.

And as @MattP has just pointed out, they were patient and at one point simply had enough.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2

Last day is Saturday isn't?

If you are listening ER think a great way to get some national attention would be to try and block the tube in the East End before Brentford v Millwall.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

I have no problem at all with the public doing a collective job to remove these people with force if they are stopping the public from going about their daily business. 

The police should be doing it, but they are totally incapable of doing so.

I hope this inspires more people to do the same

As for the comparison with Hong Kong - lol

Yup, where are those stormtroopers when you need them?

Edited by WigstonWanderer

I just don't get this mentality of supporting violence because they were inconvenienced.  @MattP isn't one of your issues with ER and celebs the hypocrisy of it all? If you get upset that somebody wrongs you, then respond by wronging them is that not also hypocrisy?

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I just don't get this mentality of supporting violence because they were inconvenienced.  @MattP isn't one of your issues with ER and celebs the hypocrisy of it all? If you get upset that somebody wrongs you, then respond by wronging them is that not also hypocrisy?

I don't support violence, I'm saying it's fine they dragged him off.

I think they got what was coming to them. They put that crowd in danger and triggered the events that occurred. By stopping those trains that crowd was in serious crushing danger and must have felt anxious and their reaction for me is justified. Hopefully this puts the protesters off doing anything similar.