Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

Aye, my boss at work finally managed to source one today, so some are dropping, not quite sure where but he did say it was not Amazon

edit: he just told me it got it through EE  :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff

I pulled a 17 hour shift yesterday as had to go get a very sick patient and bring to our hospital. Got home about 3.45am, randomly checked for stock on argos as I knew they had some stock that time drop 24 hours before. It showed some ps5's about a 45 min drive away. It let me put it in trolley, but not checkout. I kept trying and trying and eventually it let me pay! Worryingly it said the order would be refunded due to an error so lost hope. However I had the text to collect, so went to that argos this morning first thing and there it was waiting for me.

Don't give up! Keep checking the #ps5stockuk tag on twitter.

• Like 3

The initial time spent on Demons Souls getting hammered by pretty much everything is beginning to pay off.  6 hours in.  One hit smash on anything in 1-1 although I haven't ventured back to the knight on the battlements where you take a right.  Giving the skeletons a beating in 4-1.  So many directions to go off in, safe to say I'm getting hooked.  What a game this is.  

Immortals Fenyx Rising is impressive so far (not that I get to play it... :rolleyes: )

Sort of a puzzley platformy Greek Zelda-ish type thing, but not one for those who feast on blood and bullets 

• Like 1

On 04/12/2020 at 16:00, Legend_in_blue said:

The initial time spent on Demons Souls getting hammered by pretty much everything is beginning to pay off.  6 hours in.  One hit smash on anything in 1-1 although I haven't ventured back to the knight on the battlements where you take a right.  Giving the skeletons a beating in 4-1.  So many directions to go off in, safe to say I'm getting hooked.  What a game this is.  

Yes I find with the game there is an order you should play it in. Or at least its not worth just going 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 for example. 

This is a very good website for any Souls related game. Gives you an idea of the route to take

https://demonssouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Game+Progress+Route

Almost finished the game myself. On the final boss. Think i'm level 70 at the moment. Been using steel sheel shield and winged spear. Not the highest damage but it has made the levels with narrow corridors (which seem to be A LOT) so much easier as you can just poke your way through the levels. Made it quite bit easier without it being too easy (looking at you Royal class). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Christoph said:

Yes I find with the game there is an order you should play it in. Or at least its not worth just going 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 for example. 

This is a very good website for any Souls related game. Gives you an idea of the route to take

https://demonssouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Game+Progress+Route

Almost finished the game myself. On the final boss. Think i'm level 70 at the moment. Been using steel sheel shield and winged spear. Not the highest damage but it has made the levels with narrow corridors (which seem to be A LOT) so much easier as you can just poke your way through the levels. Made it quite bit easier without it being too easy (looking at you Royal class). 

Yes, I'm currently going to and from 1-3 and 1-4, mainly using 1-4 to level up my character and weapons.  I'm getting annoyed with the mind flayers in 1-3, I've tried brute force - no, magic - no and now I'm levelling up the short bow I have as far as I can take it.  It's at +4 currently so I can take out the skeleton archers in 1-4 with two hits no problem.  Hopefully this will see off the mind flayers at a distance as, as you have said, maneuverability around 1-3 is a nightmare.

The game doesn't tell you this stuff about upgrading weapons, I get that, but am still surprised at the damage increase even with the most basic of weapons.  Goes against a lot of rpgs.  lol

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, I'm currently going to and from 1-3 and 1-4, mainly using 1-4 to level up my character and weapons.  I'm getting annoyed with the mind flayers in 1-3, I've tried brute force - no, magic - no and now I'm levelling up the short bow I have as far as I can take it.  It's at +4 currently so I can take out the skeleton archers in 1-4 with two hits no problem.  Hopefully this will see off the mind flayers at a distance as, as you have said, maneuverability around 1-3 is a nightmare.

The game doesn't tell you this stuff about upgrading weapons, I get that, but am still surprised at the damage increase even with the most basic of weapons.  Goes against a lot of rpgs.  lol

Mindflyers easily the hardest and most awkward enemy in the game. I find baiting them to do the green energy ball roll out and roll in an then depending on your weapon you can usually tap r1 until he's dead or sometimes u gotta roll out and roll back in to finish him off. The spear worked really well for the prison level because of the narrow corridors.

11 hours ago, Christoph said:

Mindflyers easily the hardest and most awkward enemy in the game. I find baiting them to do the green energy ball roll out and roll in an then depending on your weapon you can usually tap r1 until he's dead or sometimes u gotta roll out and roll back in to finish him off. The spear worked really well for the prison level because of the narrow corridors.

My bow+5 is taking these guys out in three shots.  So, so, so much easier now from a distance.  Once you find a way, and there appears to be always a way, the game is not too difficult it seems.  Patience required and a lot of nerve in certain areas.

I got down to the ballista on the bottom floor only couldn't find a way past.  I'm assuming there is a way, but I haven't found the path yet.  So went in, shield raised, died.  lol

So I took my anger out on the demon from the tutorial level and took him down with 45 bow shots instead in 4-1.  lol

22 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Has anyone got their PSVR working with PS5 yet?

I got my adapter through the post but haven't tried it yet. Apparently games with dynamic resolution look a lot better, I know blood and truth has got a PS5 upgrade that significantly sharpens the visuals as well, it's supposed to be pretty good

• Like 1

Two potential problems, both of which aren't bothering me.  Yet.

Coil whine.  I can barely notice it.  Room has to be totally silent and listening right up close to it to hear it.

Second, and I'm sure this has happened to mine, the sticker.  The sticker has come loose next to the fan which is catching it as it goes round.  Causes a faint clicking sound, again not a huge problem, but could become annoying.  Easy fix apparently but I won't touch it.  lol

20 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I got my adapter through the post but haven't tried it yet. Apparently games with dynamic resolution look a lot better, I know blood and truth has got a PS5 upgrade that significantly sharpens the visuals as well, it's supposed to be pretty good

Would be interested too know if you get it going! Did give my PS4 to my old man as he is partial to a bit of COD WW2, but gave all my PS4 controllers, so will need to nick one back as apparently that is needed too.

I currently use a 22" 1080p monitor to run my PS5. Looking at getting an upgrade. Any nerds here got some recommendations on a good 27" 4k monitor? What would I need to look for to look at maximising the performance of my ps5? 

2 hours ago, Adster said:

I currently use a 22" 1080p monitor to run my PS5. Looking at getting an upgrade. Any nerds here got some recommendations on a good 27" 4k monitor? What would I need to look for to look at maximising the performance of my PS5.

You can't go wrong with this.  I'm happy with it.  It's superb with Demons Souls and the blacks are great at night.  Next to no back-light bleeding at all.  I paid £345 although it's now just under £360.

Laptopsdirect decent service, arrived no problems.

20201218_170549.jpg

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

On top of that, Immortals Fenyx Rising is only £30.85 on shopto.  People saying it's the strongest Ubisoft title released this year - better than AC and Watchdogs.  Anyone have this?  Am tempted.  Just started Detroit and it looks amazing on my monitor in 4k.

Detroit is unreal, Valhalla is really good, I was putting a lot of hours into it before Cyberpunk came out and I hadn't even got that far into it (36 hours in 2 weeks according to my PS5)

Immortals Fenyx Rising is a game I am very tempted by, apparently it is very similar to Breath of the Wild on the Switch if you ever played that

Is ShopTo digital only, or can you buy physical as well?

Edited by moore_94

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Detroit is unreal, Valhalla is really good, I was putting a lot of hours into it before Cyberpunk came out and I hadn't even got that far into it (36 hours in 2 weeks according to my PS5)

Immortals Fenyx Rising is a game I am very tempted by, apparently it is very similar to Breath of the Wild on the Switch if you ever played that

Is ShopTo digital only, or can you buy physical as well?

Tell me about it, I've just put it down at 2am! lol  Has to be a graphical upgrade of some kind, it looks incredible.  Really enjoying it so far.  Completed Heavy Rain and Beyond before this one but this feels better already.

AC I read has a few bugs so I'm waiting on that for fixes and a further price reduction before I start a 100 hour slog to the platinum.  People say Immortals is better and yes, it's 30.85 for the physical copy.  Bargain.  :thumbup:

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

On top of that, Immortals Fenyx Rising is only £30.85 on shopto.  People saying it's the strongest Ubisoft title released this year - better than AC and Watchdogs.  Anyone have this?  Am tempted.  Just started Detroit and it looks amazing on my monitor in 4k.

Getting Immortals for Christmas as it looks class and I've heard good things. Will let you know if its any good. 

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Tell me about it, I've just put it down at 2am! lol  Has to be a graphical upgrade of some kind, it looks incredible.  Really enjoying it so far.  Completed Heavy Rain and Beyond before this one but this feels better already.

AC I read has a few bugs so I'm waiting on that for fixes and a further price reduction before I start a 100 hour slog to the platinum.  People say Immortals is better and yes, it's 30.85 for the physical copy.  Bargain.  :thumbup:

I might have to give it another playthrough, just need to remember to make some different decisions so I don’t get the same ending lol

The only bug I think I have come across in Valhalla so far is when it comes to walking up stairs, you just kind of get stuck on them

Definitely going to pick up Immortals then! Close to finishing Cyberpunk and fancy something a bit different to Valhalla over Christmas break

On 21/12/2020 at 12:15, Adster said:

Getting Immortals for Christmas as it looks class and I've heard good things. Will let you know if its any good. 

My copy arrived two days after ordering through shopto.  

9 hours into it so far, really enjoying it, in some ways better than the monotony of Assassin's Creed as it brings something different.  

Can't see myself platinuming this in under 70 hours, map is huge, haven't even left Aphrodite's area yet.  Strange it was launched so quietly, I'd never heard of it before release.

Looks and plays really well too.  Nice change of pace compared to Demons Souls.  No crashes, no bugs, straightforward stuff.  

These two titles, along with the remainder of the PS + collection will see me through until Horizon and RE8.  AC Valhalla and Spiderman will have to wait for a further price drop.  

At £30 though, this game is a bargain.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Had it for a while now, some thoughts

• Immortals is great
  • Spiderman is great
  • PSVR works fine (finally)
  • Don’t play CoD or Demon Souls, just cos the boy is a bit young
  • Impressive speed
  • Oh so quiet
  • Only encountered one PS4 title that doesn’t work, and that was a VR one (Robinson)
  • Media apps are better than on my smart tv

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Had it for a while now, some thoughts

• Immortals is great
  • Spiderman is great
  • PSVR works fine (finally)
  • Don’t play CoD or Demon Souls, just cos the boy is a bit young
  • Impressive speed
  • Oh so quiet
  • Only encountered one PS4 title that doesn’t work, and that was a VR one (Robinson)
  • Media apps are better than on my smart tv

Is it the disc or digital version you have? My disc version sounds like it’s going to take off for brief spells when loading a game/playing a game that requires a disc