Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

26 minutes ago, JamesO said:

Two questions for the ps5 if anyone can help?

Has anyone got the ps5 pulse headset? Is it any good? Worth £90 for the 3D experience. 

Also does anyone's PS5 make a awful sound when the disc is in? I usually hear it when i start the PS5 or its installing the game. 

Mine makes a bit of a whirring noise but only for a couple of seconds, certainly nothing that bothers me. 

2 hours ago, JamesO said:

Has anyone got the ps5 pulse headset? Is it any good? Worth £90 for the 3D experience. 

Also does anyone's PS5 make a awful sound when the disc is in? I usually hear it when i start the PS5 or its installing the game. 

Mine is exactly the same when booting up and installing/downloading a game... wouldn’t say it was to awful though just sounds like the fan going off or the disc spinning, once the game is installed it tends to stop and is pretty silent, If it carries on as is I’ve got no worries but if it gets any worse I’ll probably contact Sony before my years warranty is up 

edit: I’ve since tried booting up the console without a disc in and it’s absolutely silent... obviously it was the disc spinning

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Mine is exactly the same when booting up and installing/downloading a game... wouldn’t say it was to awful though just sounds like the fan going off or the disc spinning, once the game is installed it tends to stop and is pretty silent, If it carries on as is I’ve got no worries but if it gets any worse I’ll probably contact Sony before my years warranty is up 

edit: I’ve since tried booting up the console without a disc in and it’s absolutely silent... obviously it was the disc spinning

Yeah i just wanted to make sure it wasn't mine that was faulty. Yeah I will keep an eye on it as well like you say before the warranty is up.

Good idea with loading it without the disc, its that then. 

Thanks for that.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesO said:

Get the Razor Kraken tournament headset.  Awesome sound.  Demons Souls is incredible through it.  It's currently 50 quid instead of around 100.  Currys have them in stock.

• Like 1

Had a decent amount of time to get to grips with the console now so thought I'd share my thoughts for what they're worth.

It's a very impressive console, the UI and interface is fantastic so well done on that one.  Also noise, after the frankly ridiculous noise my PS4 makes, it's a pleasure (same goes for my Series X) to be able to play a game and barely be able to hear the console even when trying.  I play games on my Sennheiser GSP600 so I wouldn't be able to hear a fan anyway, but it's nice to have a quiet console all the same.  Let's hope the dust management is decent so through-life it doesn't clog up and require the fans to work a bit hard.

I don't want to say much on the aesthetics as it's each to their own, but I think the console looks a bit rank personally.  Whilst aesthetics for hardware doesn't really matter, it does live in my living room and is on display so it is does need a mention (managed to hide it between TV console table and wall).

Controller is brilliant (with a but...) and the brilliant Astro's Playroom (slight segway, I love how you can see the leader board for your times on the dash and can load into the exact bit of the game immediately) demonstrates the potential of the haptic feedback so I won't dwell on a few annoyances I've identified so far.  The games that are causing me a bit of a gripe have been Demons Souls and specifically CoD BO:CW.  The implementation, to me, currently has the feel of early gen 3D cinema where they had a new toy and chucked it in without really adding to the experience.  Personally, those two games I feel are examples that, whilst not bad, the implementation of the feedback offers nothing to the experience and I wish they hadn't bothered.  However, once the first party games (Horizon springs to mind as the best example) are out, I can see this being an excellent addition.  As an aside on the new CoD, what a load of guff that game is.  This is so annoying after MW being so brilliant last year.  The last next-gen CoD game was Ghosts so guess it was to be expected this edition would be a bit naff.  But I get ahead of myself...

Games wise, I've completed Miles Morales which was excellent if not a bit short for the price.  Badge it as a stand-alone game if you want, but it should have been a DLC for the ultimate edition and not a stand-alone game.  On the subject of this, I do need to address my main gripe I've found with the console, getting old saves.  I'd saved my Spiderman game to the cloud and thought I could just pop on the PS5 and continue (same as SmartDelivery on my Series X), but no.  I had to re-install the PS4 version (60GB or whatever it was), select my save and specifically upload it noting it was a PS5 version, delete the game (not loads of space) and then import it.  This is really really dumb Sony as I'd rather not install a large PS4 game to access a CLOUD SAVE (!!!!). I did a few tests and you have to do the exact same thing on every other game (except No Man's Sky so well done them for showing it's possible).  Suspect this comes about from the flip-flopping between having a gap between console gens and then changing their mind last minute.  I appreciate this transition between PS4 and 5 isn't a long one and I'm in the minority, but what they've done is a really naff implementation and should have done better.

Continuing on games, Demon's Souls is excellent and is the best looking game I've seen (on console) so would strongly suggest people get it if they want to see the tech working at it's best.  It's also not hard at all to get to The Nexus where you can fast travel and just admire all of the different regions.  I'll forward this by saying I'm a serious FromSoftware fan.  I've finished DeS, DS1, 2, 3 and Sekiro several times (including Ascension Mod on PC to make it harder) so am more comfortable with the mechanics than most.  Point I'm making is Demon's Souls is the "easier" (still a challenge) of all the From games so if you did want to give one a go, this is your best bet.  Only minor gripe with the game so far is that are a few little things they've just nabbed directly from the original. It's really strange seeing this beautiful world and then do a really cack PS3 era backstab animation.  However, game is excellent and is my recommendation for PS5 (not much choice to be honest...) game to play.

Lastly, please implement 1440p sharpish.  I've got a HDMI2.0 TV and higher (120fps) framerate is much much more desirable to me than a (slightly) higher resolution.  The graphics we have and a high framerate would make the experience phenomenal.  This to Sony and MS, but please stop forcing 4K gaming on us!  It barely adds anything over 1440p (especially for anything under 55") and requires such additional grunt that it's not worth the FPS reduction.  This must be so easy to implement.

The loads times are great and gives us a glimpse into what future games will be like.  The sooner we can ditch development for the old consoles with disc based storage, the sooner the experience will improve (Demon's Souls being an exclusive shows how fast the load times can be).  On the subject of load times, developers needs to learn to stop putting their bloody splash screens at the front of games (looking at your Marvel).  What's the point of fast load if there's a list of pre-game credits?  Guess this is something we either deal with or the industry adapts like removing film credits from the start of films.

Overall though, an absolutely superb experience (same for the Series X tbf too).  I had to explain my annoyance more than my likes so don't for a second think I'm knocking it.  I just know that posting anything critical is sacrilege to some here so had to explain it!

We've got a superb generation of consoles ahead of us.  Now, please give me a better Switch next year for the triple!

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not really that exciting to me, will probably try out Just Cause but not bothered by the other 2

Just Cause games are great. Just for having fun. There are a lot of fetch quests etc but the main game is really all about what different ways you can use the environment to destroy enemies. Ive had so much fun with JC 2+3+4. 

Never get bored of sticking rockets on the back of cows and seeing them go flying in the sky lol 

Can anyone confirm if the PS5 is dual voltage? I'm pretty sure it might be as the PS4 was apparently.

My GF is a New Yorker and still lives there, I've told her the issues regarding getting one before Xmas for my son and the cost of em on eBay etc, which I'm loathed to pay and she wants to buy him one and send it over.

Cheers.

So, Demon's Souls.  Got past Phalanx no problem, first time, easy.  Went to the mines second level and immediately got invaded.  Proper idiot, got cocky and lost out to me.  I went past a load of boulders being thrown and took on a guy with a pick axe and died.  lol

So back to the Nexus.  But no.  I spawn directly behind that spider boss and have free hits with no retaliation.  Two demons down, piece of cake.  And they say this game is hard?  lol

I take it that spawn point shouldn't have happened.  This an original game glitch?

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So, Demon's Souls.  Got past Phalanx no problem, first time, easy.  Went to the mines second level and immediately got invaded.  Proper idiot, got cocky and lost out to me.  I went past a load of boulders being thrown and took on a guy with a pick axe and died.  lol

So back to the Nexus.  But no.  I spawn directly behind that spider boss and have free hits with no retaliation.  Two demons down, piece of cake.  And they say this game is hard?  lol

I take it that spawn point shouldn't have happened.  This an original game glitch?

I've played through the original at least 40-50 times and never had that happen.

Honestly it's nowhere near the hardest from software game but to me the original is the greatest game ever made, just wish I could get hold of a ps5. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Frank_mckenzie said:

I've played through the original at least 40-50 times and never had that happen.

Honestly it's nowhere near the hardest from software game but to me the original is the greatest game ever made, just wish I could get hold of a ps5. 

The sound in the game is probably the best I've heard in any game.  It suits the gameplay so well.  It's an absolute must through 🎧.

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

I downloaded Crash Bandicoot from the PS+ collection yesterday and by 11pm I had deleted it.

I no longer have patience of timing jumps right on a side scrolling platformer.  Tbf, the 3d sections were pretty easy but I draw the line on side scrolling when you cant even react to what you cant see!

I remember buying that when it first came out and didn't enjoy it at all

On the originals the "hit boxes" were a lot bigger on a lot of the ledges meaning you could literally land only just on it and be fine, on the newer one though it seems like the "hit boxes" for the ledges are now down to the exact pixel so what would be a normal jump on the original would be a bad jump on the new one

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I downloaded Crash Bandicoot from the PS+ collection yesterday and by 11pm I had deleted it.

I no longer have patience of timing jumps right on a side scrolling platformer.  Tbf, the 3d sections were pretty easy but I draw the line on side scrolling when you cant even react to what you cant see!

One of those games that I remember being much better than it actually was. Great atmosphere, sound, etc but bang average gameplay, outrageous difficulty spikes and atrocious sense of depth with the camera in the non-side on levels

I bought the remakes and played for about 3 hours before I was done with it, and I think I enjoyed about 15 minutes of that

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Git gud :P

• Like 2

On 30/11/2020 at 16:30, Legend_in_blue said:

as a child it was great but I think that's about all it is a kids game.