Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

Oh if only i could play the original FF7 again for the first time. Outstanding game. I really enjoyed the remake. Thought they did a great job in keeping the nostalgia but also making the game feel fresh and new. Cant wait for the next part.

I would seriously recommend playing the original. Yes its dated but the story is brilliant

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Mental how I like turn based games but the only FF I have ever played is X, the one with the Blitzball.

Probably my favourite one of the bunch. But with emulators around now there's no excuses not to get at least one playthrough in of 7, 8 and 9. All quality games. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Mental how I like turn based games but the only FF I have ever played is X, the one with the Blitzball.

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Probably my favourite one of the bunch. But with emulators around now there's no excuses not to get at least one playthrough in of 7, 8 and 9. All quality games. :D

All I can think about that game is HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 

On 03/03/2021 at 18:19, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Thinking about getting one of these now. They still like gold dust? 

I’ve been looking for ages.... I can’t remember this happening since the PS2 was originally released.... it may just be COVID related, but how they’ve managed to run out and hardly re-stock since is madness....

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve been looking for ages.... I can’t remember this happening since the PS2 was originally released.... it may just be COVID related, but how they’ve managed to run out and hardly re-stock since is madness....

There is a global semiconductor shortage

Massive tip for anyone who hasn’t got one yet. If you log on to the ps website you can add the free ps5 ps+ games to your library each month. That way you will have them to download when you get your console :thumbup:

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loving the FFVII Remake on PS5.  About 12 hours in on it so far, can't put it down.  Despite not having had any kind of upgrade yet, it looks pretty damn good on screen.  The battle system is beginning to grow on me.  There's definitely a deeper tactical side to it despite it being action orientated.  It's better than XIIIs system for sure.  Will have to go through a hard playthrough to make the most of it though I reckon.  The musical score as expected is excellent and the story is decent.  May have to pick up the original after this.  Fingers crossed they eventually make the chapter add on to the upgraded version a standalone rather than having to fork out £70 for it from the get go.  What's certain though, the next full instalment using the PS5s power will be immense.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

Slightly off-topic but this is awesome news!

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/play-at-home-2021-update-10-free-games-to-download-this-spring/

From March 25th, the games you'll be able to download for free are:

Abzu

Enter the Gungeon

Rez Infinite

Subnautica

The Witness

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Moss

Thumper

Paper Beast

From April 19th, you'll be able to download Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for free!

Edited by iamafox

18 hours ago, iamafox said:

Slightly off-topic but this is awesome news!

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/play-at-home-2021-update-10-free-games-to-download-this-spring/

From March 25th, the games you'll be able to download for free are:

Subnautica

From April 19th, you'll be able to download Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for free!

Stunning game, and I would imagine its to get people on board as Subnautica Sub Zero is coming in a couple of months

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If you have never played Horizon Zero Dawn I highly recommend it! Incredible game

It is 60 fps on Ps5 yet? I can't be arsed to play a game like that 30 fps now. I know they were working on a patch i think so don't want to start it again unless its done. 

5 hours ago, Christoph said:

It is 60 fps on Ps5 yet? I can't be arsed to play a game like that 30 fps now. I know they were working on a patch i think so don't want to start it again unless its done. 

image.thumb.png.983882dc4d91365349e54219f3159b9c.png

Still runs at 30fps on PS5 unfortunately

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If you have never played Horizon Zero Dawn I highly recommend it! Incredible game

It's the best game on PS4.  The DLC is also excellent.

There's going to be many disappointed people about if the PS5 stock issues are not sorted out by the time the next game drops though.  Ratchet, Resi Village and H:FW.  Gaming sorted for 2021.  :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It's the best game on PS4.  The DLC is also excellent.

There's going to be many disappointed people about if the PS5 stock issues are not sorted out by the time the next game drops though.  Ratchet, Resi Village and H:FW.  Gaming sorted for 2021.  :thumbup:

I never actually got around to finishing it and I am looking forward to finally doing so on PS5, I started playing it a few weeks before my PS5 came and got rid of my PS4 before I could finish it! Thankfully from looking online I should actually just be able to carry on my original save instead of restarting again completely

Returnal in April

Resident Evil, Deathloop, and Mass Effect in May

Ratchet and Clank in June

Kena Bridge of Spirits in August

Then we should also be getting Horizon Forbidden West, Battlefield 6, Dying Light 2, Far Cry 6, God of War Ragnarok and a fair few others as well later in 2021, it is a good time for gaming!

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Also Sony are throwing in more free stuff from March 25th.  Ratchet is currently free too although I've finished it.

Back on FF7 remake I've just done the house boss.  Made hard work of it, burnt through my supply of phoenix downs and just managed to beat it on a first attempt.  Took an age though.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue