Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

16 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha ****ing love peep show.

The PS5 is excellent on an hours play on Spider-Man. Graphics are insane. The console itself is a right ugly bugger though.

Until there's a black version I'm not even entertaining it. Looks bloody awful

• Like 1

Bought a decent External SSD to hold all the PS4 games we wanted to use at the same time, so transferring what we wanted direct from the PS4 took about 1 hr

Decent enough.

This will be used a lot by my son, so I have not had a chance to play anything too exciting just yet :D

Although Bugsnax, Sackboy Adventures and Spiderman definitely all very good so far 

2 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

What’s the game install times like?

Get to set mine up after work today after not having time last night. 

I didn’t notice a huge difference in time to download games but you can play other games whilst they’re downloading so the time flies by, once they’re downloaded though it’s stupidly fast to boot up games

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Bought a decent External SSD to hold all the PS4 games we wanted to use at the same time, so transferring what we wanted direct from the PS4 took about 1 hr

Decent enough.

This will be used a lot by my son, so I have not had a chance to play anything too exciting just yet :D

Although Bugsnax, Sackboy Adventures and Spiderman definitely all very good so far 

Be careful with that as a lot of the Americans were claiming the external hard drives were crashing their consoles... I notice they dropped another patch on Wednesday though so that might have solved the problem

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Is anyone else’s quite load whilst downloading games especially from discs? Mine sound like PS4 levels of getting ready to take off... silent once it’s downloaded like

Can't say I've experienced that personally, I've barely heard mine make a noise at all since I switched it on yesterday

15 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I didn’t notice a huge difference in time to download games but you can play other games whilst they’re downloading so the time flies by, once they’re downloaded though it’s stupidly fast to boot up games

That’s good, I’ll have a blast on Astro then. 
Not sure if it was my settings but pretty sure when I played a game on the PS4 it stopped downloading. Either that or it went to very low download speeds.

I sold it over a year ago so can’t remember clearly. 

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

That’s good, I’ll have a blast on Astro then. 
Not sure if it was my settings but pretty sure when I played a game on the PS4 it stopped downloading. Either that or it went to very low download speeds.

I sold it over a year ago so can’t remember clearly. 

Yeh the PS4 used to slow all your downloads down when you started a game, the PS5 doesn't seem to do that from what I've noticed so far. One thing I have noticed though is that the PS5 only lets you have one download going at a time, whilst the PS4 let you have 3

I guess thats the compromise for faster download speeds, that they only let you download one file at a time

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s worth it for the graphics, load times etc but it’s too big and literally looks like a sky box in a white folder.

Really hope everyone is enjoying their shiny new console, but yeah my girlfriend would never allow it in the front room, cant say I disagree either.

9 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Really hope everyone is enjoying their shiny new console, but yeah my girlfriend would never allow it in the front room, cant say I disagree either.

Can you hear that? I think that's the sound of a whip :whistle:

:fishing:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Flamey said:

Had my wife polishing the tv unit where it was going before letting her nimble fingers feed all the wires through to set it up for me lol ... for the record she hates it, says it’s aggressively oversized and thick but what does she know she’s never been a good judge of sizes lol 👀

Edited by dbtcity
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

Had my wife polishing the tv unit where it was going before letting her nimble fingers feed all the wires through to set it up for me lol ... for the record she hates it, says it’s aggressively oversized but what does she know she’s never been a good judge of sizes lol 👀

You sir, are a lucky man, I might just get away with an xbox......but only if it was white.....which it isn't! For the record I could have it in my man cave but already have a really good pc in there....when did life get so complicated. Oh well first world problems and all that.....have fun!!👍🤗

• Haha 1

On 19/11/2020 at 09:41, Ginger_Filbert said:

I’d be interested to hear how long Valhalla takes to install if anyone happens to do so today. 

Not sure if you are still looking for an answer but I bought it today and have just finished installing it

I put the disc in at 2:55, the install consists of a 42GB install + 3GB update

All fully installed and able to play the game at 3:31

Will depend upon your download speed as well but installs/downloads are certainly a lot quicker on PS5 for me than PS4

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

PlayStation always outsells it thought doesn’t it? Better for exclusive games 

Tbf as a member of the PC master race the PS5 is the only one I'm keeping an eye on for that very reason: Sony tend to get decent exclusives and besides any Xbox exclusives will play better on my computer than the series X so a marked down PS5 a year or two from now sounds like a plan.

Astros Playroom is a glorious little platformer that really shows the absolute monstrous power of the Dual Sense controller. The one thing about the console that makes it truly "next-gen".

Hope developers get on board and embrace its power and functionality to the max. 

• Like 4