Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It might only be a remaster, but ME2 in 4k with a few tweaks here or there has me sold already.  Very few games have come close to its perfection since.

Out May 14.

The Mass Effect series passed me by the first time round but I played 3 for around an hour on Xbox. I thought it was dreadful. If that's indicative of the series then I certainly don't get the love for it.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2021 at 21:46, Legend_in_blue said:

It might only be a remaster, but ME2 in 4k with a few tweaks here or there has me sold already.  Very few games have come close to its perfection since.

Out May 14.

Missed these games when they originally came out, ended up playing Andromeda on release and got about half way through that before I dropped it (not going to hold the whole franchise against that game though as I know it is meant to be a poor game compared to the original trilogy)

Will probably wait to pick it up in June/July as Resident Evil 8 and Deathloop are out in May as well

A shame you can't get the Legendary Cache edition over here (well you can but it costs $75 for shipping!) as the life size helmet looks sick as otherwise I probably would have pre-ordered that

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brenfox said:

The Mass Effect series passed me by the first time round but I played 3 for around an hour on Xbox. I thought it was dreadful. If that's indicative of the series then I certainly don't get the love for it.

I had the original on PC and then 2 and 3 on 360 strangely enough.

The gameplay on the first was rough but the remaster has brought this up to standard from what they've said.  ME2 imo is one of the greatest video games ever made, certainly in the 360 era it has to be one of the best.  Suicide Mission is brilliant in the end game.  ME3 is a mixed bag, some of it works, some of it doesn't, the ending was rushed and wrecked the story as a whole.  It really ****ed me off at the time because the story telling to that point was absolutely immense especially coming off ME2.  They redid the ending and have used this in the remaster.  I only went back and watched a video of the ending having binned the game by then.

I would give it another chance.  Certainly don't jump in on 3 and expect something amazing, it's all about the journey from 1 into 2 and then 3.  All the characters play a huge part.  The graphical upgrades and all the DLC have satisfied me enough to believe it's worth one more playthrough as well.

Don't go near Andromeda either.  I stuck at it and finished it but it lacks the draw of the originals completely and feels empty in comparison.  There's no Garrus, no Tali, nobody worthy of a mention... lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

Anyone had their 2020 wrap-ups?

Games Played in 2020

33 games

Top Games

Cyberpunk 2077 - 87 Hours

Fifa 21 - 84 Hours

TLOU 2 - 53 Hours

Top Genre and Hours

Sport - 127 Hours

Total Hours of Gameplay in 2020

3152 Hours

Hours Played Locally and Online

Locally - 3148

Online - 4

Days played in 2020

117 Days

Total Trophies earned in 2020

128 Trophies (4 Gold, 23 Silver, 101 Bronze)

Top PS5 Game

Assassins Creed Valhalla - 48 Hours

Total PS5 Gameplay Hours

68 Hours

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Anyone had their 2020 wrap-ups?

Games Played in 2020

33 games

Top Games

Cyberpunk 2077 - 87 Hours

Fifa 21 - 84 Hours

TLOU 2 - 53 Hours

Top Genre and Hours

Sport - 127 Hours

3152 Hours

Locally - 3148

Online - 3148

Days played in 2020

117 Days

128 Trophies (4 Gold, 23 Silver, 101 Bronze)

Top PS5 Game

Assassins Creed Valhalla - 48 Hours

Total PS5 Gameplay Hours

68 Hours

Yes, had this today.

Games Played in 2020

29 games

Top Games

FFX/X-2 Remaster - 94 hours (and I've barely started X-2 and still haven't platinumed X lol)

Witcher 3 - 53 hours (finally finishing the main game)

Gran Turismo Sport - 21 hours (wasn't expecting that) 

Top Genre and Hours

RPG - 99 hours (how is this possible? 94+53 is not 99 hours? lol )

622 Hours

Locally - 618

Online - 4 lol

Days played in 2020

141 Days

238 Trophies (6 Gold, 26 Silver, 206 Bronze)

Top PS5 Game

Immortals Fenyx Rising - 59 hours

Total PS5 Gameplay Hours

61 Hours

Total PS5 trophies

55 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes, had this today.

Games Played in 2020

29 games

Top Games

FFX/X-2 Remaster - 94 hours (and I've barely started X-2 and still haven't platinumed X lol)

Witcher 3 - 53 hours (finally finishing the main game)

Gran Turismo Sport - 21 hours (wasn't expecting that) 

Top Genre and Hours

RPG - 99 hours (how is this possible? 94+53 is not 99 hours? lol )

622 Hours

Locally - 618

Online - 4 lol

Days played in 2020

141 Days

238 Trophies (6 Gold, 26 Silver, 206 Bronze)

Top PS5 Game

Immortals Fenyx Rising - 59 hours

Total PS5 Gameplay Hours

61 Hours

Total PS5 trophies

Hmm I wonder if they classed Final Fantasy as a JRPG rather than just RPG?

Some of the hours definitely seem to be off though haha

7 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Where did you get this? On the console? I dread to imagine how much apex legends I've played this year. 

I got an email through.  Use the app and it should tell you there as well.

On a side note, I'm tempted to download God of War as the 4k 60fps update is available now on PS5.  Although it's a good game, the dragon battle being the highlight, I just don't really fancy it.  Something about it fell flat for me.  I'd pick up GoW3 in a flash though tbf.

'I work in the electronics industry, and we use components that use Silicon arcitecture, similar to the PS5, We are struggling to manufacture Electronic systems due to shortages, We have put an order in for Silicon based components and we have an Estimated Delivery Date of November. We would usually see a 4 week lead time, but now we are seeing 42 weeks......'

Taken from another forum, might explain why we're struggling to see much stock.

I genuinely thought you'd be able to get one without much hassle come April, never imagined it'd go on for much longer than that. Hopefully they get it sorted in time for Fifa 22.

On 04/02/2021 at 00:35, Legend_in_blue said:

I had the original on PC and then 2 and 3 on 360 strangely enough.

The gameplay on the first was rough but the remaster has brought this up to standard from what they've said.  ME2 imo is one of the greatest video games ever made, certainly in the 360 era it has to be one of the best.  Suicide Mission is brilliant in the end game.  ME3 is a mixed bag, some of it works, some of it doesn't, the ending was rushed and wrecked the story as a wholeIt really ****ed me off at the time because the story telling to that point was absolutely immense especially coming off ME2.  They redid the ending and have used this in the remaster.  I only went back and watched a video of the ending having binned the game by then.

I would give it another chance.  Certainly don't jump in on 3 and expect something amazing, it's all about the journey from 1 into 2 and then 3.  All the characters play a huge part.  The graphical upgrades and all the DLC have satisfied me enough to believe it's worth one more playthrough as well.

Don't go near Andromeda either.  I stuck at it and finished it but it lacks the draw of the originals completely and feels empty in comparison.  There's no Garrus, no Tali, nobody worthy of a mention... lol

The first one will benefit the most from the improvements and it's storywise the best of the trilogy.

People (rightly) take a dump on the third one, but all its problems storywise actually stem from ME2. While brillant in itself, I absolutely loved it, it massively hampered the story by letting you play the dirty dozen in space while contributing to next to nothing to advance the overall Reaper plot, leaving everything to ME3 to tie all the loose ends. And there were too many of them for a single game.

ME3 has, by far, the weakest plot, not only the endings. I won't enter the details since there are some who never played it, and but for me it's a litteral trainwreck from the beginning until the very end.

It's still a legendary trilogy and not playing it is really missing out on something. I've played all of them as they came out and won't miss the opportunity of take a ride with Shepard once again.

Edited by That_Dude

Had a blitz through YouTube to see if there was any known fixes for the disc variant of the ps5 sounding like it was going to take off every time the disc started spinning and came across a couple of easy fixes which have made it sound much better! Can still hear the disc spin but nowhere ear as bad as it was

So finally went full fan boy, and bought some of the ps5 headphones. What is the best game on ps5 to get the full effect?

Little Nightmares 2 is epic with them, so any other suggestions?

Completely forgot this was on at 10PM

Summary

• Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - 12th March 2021
  • Returnal - 30th April 2021
  • Knockout City - Beta in April, full game 21st May 2021
  • Sifu - 2021
  • Solar Ash - 2021
  • Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach - 2021
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm - 6th April 2021
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits - 24th August 2021
  • Deathloop - 21st May 2021
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade - 10th June 2021

Just like Leicester, that was also a pretty disappointing showing.

The games I am likely to get from those shown are Returnal, Kena, and Deathloop

13 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Completely forgot this was on at 10PM

Summary

• Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - 12th March 2021
  • Returnal - 30th April 2021
  • Knockout City - Beta in April, full game 21st May 2021
  • Sifu - 2021
  • Solar Ash - 2021
  • Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach - 2021
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm - 6th April 2021
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits - 24th August 2021
  • Deathloop - 21st May 2021
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade - 10th June 2021

Just like Leicester, that was also a pretty disappointing showing.

The games I am likely to get from those shown are Returnal, Kena, and Deathloop

Odd world is on one of April’s PS plus games, I think.