Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Fair enough then! 

Maybe I'm just annoyed as no way I'll be able to afford one! 

I think the step up to native 4K will be a massive step up that most people will notice immediately, it will be the same as going from SD to HD between the PS2 and PS3. Future 8K support would be insane as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Specs are nothing that hasn't been available on a pc for at leat two years.

Ray tracing is gimmicky at best. 

SSD? Hardly cutting edge when nvme drives have been around for two years and are far superior. 

Isn't that always the case though with consoles? I'm always amazed consoles last as long as they do when you're stuck with dated specs right outta the gate.

Part of the reason I got away from PC gaming was that need I always felt to upgrade something. Then you have new drivers and it works well for one game but not as well for another, etc.

I like consoles as I can just sit and relax and play my games. I don't feel bad getting a new system as I'm sure with PCs I would have spent way more money for gaming. 

I don't usually buy the new console versions right off the bat though. I think PS4 had been out about a year before I got mine.

Edited by spacemunky
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think the step up to native 4K will be a massive step up that most people will notice immediately, it will be the same as going from SD to HD between the PS2 and PS3. Future 8K support would be insane as well. 

My brother has the Xbox one X and thats a beauty, so could be amazing to think what the new gen will be like. But, do worry with how much it'll cost; both the consoles themselves and the games for them. It's expensive as it is. 

26 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Isn't that always the case though with consoles? I'm always amazed consoles last as long as they do when you're stuck with dated specs right outta the gate.

Part of the reason I got away from PC gaming was that need I always felt to upgrade something. Then you have new drivers and it works well for one game but not as well for another, etc.

I like consoles as I can just sit and relax and play my games. I don't feel bad getting a new system as I'm sure with PCs I would have spent way more money for gaming. 

I don't usually buy the new console versions right off the bat though. I think PS4 had been out about a year before I got mine.

Agree with you here, unless you're happy to be tweaking things and adjusting various settings to get your PC to run effectively then consoles are superior. My friends like doing that and having better graphics etc whereas I'm happy to just sit down and turn the console on knowing I can play in a matter of minutes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Duno about that dude. Iv had a 1080ti for two years and I have yet to find a triple A title it can't handle on ultra at a steady 60fps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

I reckon this will be the console that make me switch from Xbox after all these years 

Same. The only thing I'll miss is the Xbox controllers, but I think you can get PS controllers in the shape of Xbox ones?

I always wait a year or so before purchasing new consoles, let the glitches sort themselves out while the price comes down by £100-£150.

17 hours ago, Samilktray said:

If the Xbox One didn’t make you switch I’m not sure anything will 

Now I'm not trying to start console wars here or anything I own and enjoy both, but what on earth makes you say that given it's exclusive range is far inferior and the standard console is technically inferior 

50 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Now I'm not trying to start console wars here or anything I own and enjoy both, but what on earth makes you say that given it's exclusive range is far inferior and the standard console is technically inferior 

The PlayStation’s exclusives are inferior? lol what