Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

21 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Is it the disc or digital version you have? My disc version sounds like it’s going to take off for brief spells when loading a game/playing a game that requires a disc

Ah, only had Godfall on disc and it does make a fair amount of  noise when loading (not PS4 levels though) so mostly digital..  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Is it the disc or digital version you have? My disc version sounds like it’s going to take off for brief spells when loading a game/playing a game that requires a disc

Cyberpunk is the only game I have had make it sound like a jet engine is starting up

Never hear it when I have been playing Spider-man or Valhalla

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Cyberpunk is the only game I have had make it sound like a jet engine is starting up

Never hear it when I have been playing Spider-man or Valhalla

Any disc game I’ve used sounds like that... even booting up the console if I’ve got a disc in! Not a huge problem as it only goes off for a few seconds but still annoying considering how much emphasis seemed to be put on it being silent

15 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

The lack of a bbc iplayer app is really annoying! And is it just me that thinks the UI of the ps4 was a bit more user friendly when it comes to friends and parties? 

Always takes around a year or so for stuff like iplayer and that to be put onto the new consoles, from what I remember anyway.

Still haven't hardly seen any of these for sale, nor heard of anymore games coming out for it really. I think I'm gonna hold off until around September time, when Fifa 22 should be out.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Christoph said:

Really impressed with how good Days gone looks  and runs on the PS5. A few hours in and quite enjoying it to be fair. Worth downloading if you have Ps Plus collection. 

Still have Detroit on the go but will try this one next.  I couldn't get into Persona 5 at all though.  Last Guardian was decent.

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Still have Detroit on the go but will try this one next.  I couldn't get into Persona 5 at all though.  Last Guardian was decent.

I've just finished Detroit. Wow what a game. Some of the choices were hard! I had to pause at least a few times because the timer just didnt feel long enough lol. Managed to get a happier ending without spoiling anything to you. Enjoyed it a lot though. Playing Until Dawn with the mrs tonight to carry on the story fest. ?Heard its not as good but still pretty fun. 

I played 5 minutes of Persona and after reading its over 100 hours long I thought sack that off. The cut scenes did look pretty cool with the anime and stuff though. 

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So the Resident Evil Village gameplay reveal is at 10pm tonight.  I'll give the demo a try after that's done.  Will be interesting to see how it compares graphically to Demons Souls.  This, Horizon and Ratchet are the must haves for this year on PS5.

Looking forward to seeing this.

Still not a lot of stock floating about, got a feeling it'll be another few months before they're more obtainable.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Looking forward to seeing this.

Still not a lot of stock floating about, got a feeling it'll be another few months before they're more obtainable.

Unreal really. I understand creating pressured demand leading up to Christmas but how they've not got a huge stock ready for sale by now is poor planning. 

Squeeze demands high over Christmas then open the floodgates after. 

Edited by foxile5

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So the Resident Evil Village gameplay reveal was yesterday.  I'll give the demo a try after I've watched that.  Will be interesting to see how it compares graphically to Demons Souls.  This, Horizon and Ratchet are the must haves for this year on PS5.

I played it today & it looks incredible. Its the best looking game I've seen on ps5 so far. It has the same re7 controls & gameplay too. Its crying out for vr.

8 hours ago, Brenfox said:

I played it today & it looks incredible. Its the best looking game I've seen on ps5 so far. It has the same re7 controls & gameplay too. Its crying out for vr.

I played it last night at around 11 in total darkness.

Graphically I adjusted hdr on and off a few times and, with it on, it looked better although I got slight backlight bleed in the 4 corners of my monitor in complete darkness.  Never noticed this with Demons Souls though.  With hdr off no problems although the atmospheric lighting was lost a little.  I think it looks very good overall, certainly better than 7, but since it's ps4 compatible, isn't likely to be as good as it could be imo.  It didn't wow me like Demons Souls initially did and some textures were off.

Having said that the sound and atmosphere of the demo were excellent through headphones.  With vr no doubt will be impressive too.

From the earlier gameplay I like the fact they're using some of RE4s traits and I think that will extend to the atmosphere also so hopefully it will feel more old school in the new direction it's heading with the first person view.  

2 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Can anyone recommend a good monitor for when I get a PS5? Is a 4K one best? As in the future I’m looking at getting a good gaming pc set up too 

TUF Gaming VG289Q|Monitors|ASUS Global

I have one of these which so far has proved to be an excellent purchase.  The advantages it has are its fully adjustable stand coupled with its 28" 4k IPS screen.  Picture quality has been great - Immortals looks excellent colour wise and Demons Souls is noticeably sharp.

I paid around 330 for it before Xmas but have noticed it is now priced at around 360.  You won't find better unless you pay considerably more.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

On 22/01/2021 at 18:56, Legend_in_blue said:

So the Resident Evil Village gameplay reveal was yesterday.  I'll give the demo a try after I've watched that.  Will be interesting to see how it compares graphically to Demons Souls.  This, Horizon and Ratchet are the must haves for this year on PS5.

GOW Ragnarok and GT7 as well

Looking to clock in roughly 58 hours on Immortals Fenyx Rising to platinum.  Just a few chests left over, the usual Ubisoft chest hunt, I swear across all the Ubisoft titles including AC I must have opened up over 5000 boxes/chests by now lol 

Just have the final two trophies connected to the end boss to do and it's done.  Decent game, worth the 30 quid.

8 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Still on Fenyx, but intermittent- now also waiting for Praey for the Gods and then Ratchet

Haven't really touched my PS5 since I had my PC delivered a couple of weeks ago, which is a shame as I was really into Fenyx at the time

Wanting to get back into Fenyx again though, and also fancy another play through of the TLOU2, just need to pull myself away from my PC haha

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Haven't really touched my PS5 since I had my PC delivered a couple of weeks ago, which is a shame as I was really into Fenyx at the time

Wanting to get back into Fenyx again though, and also fancy another play through of the TLOU2, just need to pull myself away from my PC haha

Must admit, PC games are more my bag too, hence the intermittent Fenyx time (is an excellent game though)