Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Starting playing it last night and carried on this morning, certainly different thats for sure!

Undecided if this is a good game or not!! Cartoony, Animal (which are food derived) captures intermingled with some bizarre adult themes.  :blink:

2 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

You don’t seem to be able to charge up the controller through plugging the usb into a 3 pin plug, a bit annoying. 

Don’t know if it’s the same for anyone else but I couldn’t charge my controller in rest mode using the port at the front... works fine through one of the 1s at the back though

20 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Astros playroom? For a random free game to help you experience what the controller can do it’s actually a pretty good game lol 

Yes.  I also now have a proper pair of headphones and the experience is something else.  Brilliant.

Just great to lose yourself in something different for an hour away from all the doom and gloom we've had for the past 8 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Mine doesn’t charge in rest mode from the front USB either, haven’t tried the back ones yet. 

There was an option on setup which allowed you to turn off/on features under rest mode.  Maybe that's it?  I don't know though for sure, haven't tried it.

Demons Souls is immense btw.  I've never seen, or heard, anything quite like it.  It's well worth a buy imo, even if it's rock hard.  I swear the game loads up in about 1 second from main screen.  It's so fast I don't even have time to read the onscreen message lol

53 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

I've used my ps5 for about 4 hours so far since launch day & its crashed/frozen 6 times.

When it's doing what - running games or from rest mode?

I've disabled rest mode for now.  

On initial setup I just let it do its thing without overdoing stuff.  So no additional downloads, no data transfers from PS4 and so on.  I'm running both the 4 and 5 off two hdmi's - I'm considering running the PS4 free titles through PS+ off PS4 once I've added them to my library too.  PS5 for PS5 and nothing else.  A lot of the problems seem to stem from running old stuff on new.

As for charging controllers, I have a charging docking station that was part of my bundle.  Haven't tried it yet although I suspect it will be more efficient than plugging it directly in.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Just finished Spider-man Miles Morales, and I have to say for me the story is so much better in this game that the 1st one

Although it may be shorter than the 1st, I would say it is definitely worth picking up

Still got a fair bit to do to get the platinum, but to do the main story, side missions, and collectables, it has taken me 15 hours

19 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

When it's doing what - running games or from rest mode?

I've disabled rest mode for now.  

On initial setup I just let it do its thing without overdoing stuff.  So no additional downloads, no data transfers from PS4 and so on.  I'm running both the 4 and 5 off two hdmi's - I'm considering running the PS4 free titles through PS+ off PS4 once I've added them to my library too.  PS5 for PS5 and nothing else.  A lot of the problems seem to stem from running old stuff on new.

As for charging controllers, I have a charging docking station that was part of my bundle.  Haven't tried it yet although I suspect it will be more efficient than plugging it directly in.

Whilst playing a game. I've not had much free time plus I got the Series X too so I'm flipping between the two. Im hoping its just a system stability thing & will be sorted in an update.

Edited by Brenfox

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Just finished Spider-man Miles Morales, and I have to say for me the story is so much better in this game that the 1st one

Although it may be shorter than the 1st, I would say it is definitely worth picking up

Still got a fair bit to do to get the platinum, but to do the main story, side missions, and collectables, it has taken me 15 hours

I got the ultimate edition as I’d never played the first spider man game so I’m still working my way through the remastered version... absolutely loving it though! Everything about the game looks and feels amazing

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I got the ultimate edition as I’d never played the first spider man game so I’m still working my way through the remastered version... absolutely loving it though! Everything about the game looks and feels amazing

The first game was amazing. I'm enjoying Miles Morales but it does feel like it should have been DLC on the original and the price is certainly steep. Ill get it platinumed and then im wondering if to buy Valhalla or just hold and wait for my copy of Cyberpunk

12 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

The first game was amazing. I'm enjoying Miles Morales but it does feel like it should have been DLC on the original and the price is certainly steep. Ill get it platinumed and then im wondering if to buy Valhalla or just hold and wait for my copy of Cyberpunk

I’ve only played AC for a few hours but it does seem like a really good game, once I’ve completed spider man/MM I’ll be getting properly stuck into it

14 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Anyone playing Astro Playroom? I love it. Quirky little game that perfectly shows the controller and what it does. Seeing the characters dressed up as famous game characters also is a laugh

Only played it whilst my other games were downloading on release day but it’s definitely a game I will go back to, nice chilled fun game that helps you realise just what the dual sense is capable of! Hopefully game developers make the most of that aspect going forward with the games they make

Two questions for the ps5 if anyone can help?

Has anyone got the ps5 pulse headset? Is it any good? Worth £90 for the 3D experience. 

Also does anyone's PS5 make a awful sound when the disc is in? I usually hear it when i start the PS5 or its installing the game.