Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Got all excited when I seen the tweet about this thinking they’d finally enabled us to expand our internal storage.... nope still just external! Step in the right direction like as they've enabled you to do it with Ps5 games now but still we’re like 6 months in so I was fully expecting it to be the prior

A quite sizeable update for accessing PS4/5 games on a separate drive.  Comes in at around 900mb.  

Although it's taken a little while to get used to the main interface on PS5 compared to PS4, I think it's great.  Proper next gen feel to it, especially when it instantly boots up.  Liking the wireless controller updates as well.  lol

What to buy next?  May's choices are RE Village, Ratchet and Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3.  Need to get Valhalla at some point as well.  I've almost finished Oddworld and I still have FFVII to wrap up too.

First must buy of the year.  Looks quality.

Time available demos available in the lead up to launch as well.  Small windows though.

*The gameplay demo is now available to download and is around 8GB.  It will be available to play from 6pm tomorrow evening.  It only allows you to access the trailer and the countdown screen at the moment which is irritating.  lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

On 13/04/2021 at 16:52, Zear0 said:

Good news for those of us in the sticks with abysmal Internet though. As a Warzone player, the storage was becoming an issue. 

I stopped playing WZ because of the updates. I was having to delete the entire file off the HDD just to download them. I have no idea how Activision/Raven have been getting away with it tbh. 

On 14/04/2021 at 06:37, Dahnsouff said:

Finished It Takes Two. Excellent game for a kid friendly couch co-op.

We're just about to start playing it, happy to hear its good. One of my favorite games last year was playing Knights on Bikes (though I think it got released in 2019). Brilliant indie co-op game to play with a kid. Absolutely recommend it. It's got a pretty interesting and emotional story as well and we ended up discussing how she felt about it when we finished, which was nice. Plus great theme song and a load of 80s and retro nostalgia for me. 

Currently excited for Returnal. I'll wait for RE:Village's reviews to come in and get a sense of the game's length. All the recent RE games (including remakes) have all felt too short imo. I wasn't much of a fan of RE7 tbh but loved the RE2 remake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So I've downloaded the RE8 demo, which was available from 6pm yesterday, but obviously yesterday evening's game took over everything else.  Now, I load up and the demo is gone!  lol

What a joke this is.  Another 6 days 1 hour and a bit to go until I can try it again?  Jokers!

I knew there was a timed limit to play it, but presumed it was like a rental stream and that timer began after you first start the game. Mad otherwise. I remember those discs you'd get in the Playstation Magazine that had demos on them. I must have played the DmC demo like a hundred times. 

Are people still making profit on touting these?

Everyone I speak to is in the same frame of mind as me. I want one and could afford the premium but I'd rather go without than legitimise scalpers.

Is the stock selling out to end users or is there still people using bots to turn a profit? 

1 hour ago, Danizen said:

Are people still making profit on touting these?

Everyone I speak to is in the same frame of mind as me. I want one and could afford the premium but I'd rather go without than legitimise scalpers.

Is the stock selling out to end users or is there still people using bots to turn a profit? 

They must be, otherwise people wouldn't bother buying them then sticking them up on Ebay, where they're currently still selling for more than RRP. Me and my mates are of the same mind (the ones that didn't pre-order), we'd rather just wait a bit longer. I refuse to pay £650 for something with hardly any games, nor will I sit in a queue with 50k people for 2 hours at 3am to try and get one, I'd honestly rather just not bother.

I would like one for Fifa 22 though, but I reckon it won't be easy to get one until towards the end of the year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I really thought they'd be readily available by now. The fact there's nothing on the ps5 I can't play on my ps4 means I'm in no rush to get one. Annoying though, shiny new consoles are always nice. 

True.

It's nice having a new console though as you have said.  RE8 loads up in less than 3 seconds on a PS5, but on PS4 takes around 45 seconds from main screen to game according to what I read today.  lol

The differences at the moment are hardware based but with the release of Ratchet next month, if they're not readily available soon after, time to get annoyed imo.

Managed to time the Resi Evil Village castle demo just right today.

Feels quicker than RE7 and they've made it more action orientated, very similar to how RE4 worked albeit in the 1st person.  The shop is back as is gaining loot from enemies for shop purchases etc.  Atmosphere is great and in the 15 minutes it took to get through the castle, quite a few jump scares.  

Can see this reviewing highly on release.  Impressive, better than 7.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Managed to time the Resi Evil Village castle demo just right today.

Feels quicker than RE7 and they've made it more action orientated, very similar to how RE4 worked albeit in the 1st person.  The shop is back as is gaining loot from enemies for shop purchases etc.  Atmosphere is great and in the 15 minutes it took to get through the castle, quite a few jump scares.  

Can see this reviewing highly on release.  Impressive, better than 7.

Main thing I have come out with after the demos so far... just run as fast as you can!

After the first encounter with one of the daughters during my first play through I just ran everywhere lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Main thing I have come out with after the demos so far... just run as fast as you can!

After the first encounter with one of the daughters during my first play through I just ran everywhere lol

The 1st person view and the increase in pace add to the tension imo.  It has a very claustrophobic atmosphere in the castle as well and has you on edge throughout.  Adds to the immersion.  

With over the shoulder view in earlier games you can always check your surroundings more easily, here this is not the case.

24 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

All the Ratchet games are great but I suspect this will cost £70 at launch.  RE8 is £50.  Mass Effect 123 is £49.  I may go with Mass Effect until the prices come down purely based on game hours for all three.

Just had a look at Ratchet & Clank and it is £70, which I think is because it is only on PS5 (so can take full advantage of the PS5 system etc.)

Where as the others are cross-gen so are available cheaper

• Like 1