Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesHub

Scout watches Kristoffer Ajer at Celtic

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Celtic could actually be a decent feeder club for us, can toughen up younger players on loan and take the ones they get who can step up to the EPL.

Not a bad shout but I think that we need another feeder club in between as the gulf in class between where we are and the SPL is too great. Maybe a team like Brentford or Swansea where we can send potential signings from Celtic and then if they do ok there we can take them on.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Not a bad shout but I think that we need another feeder club in between as the gulf in class between where we are and the SPL is too great. Maybe a team like Brentford or Swansea where we can send potential signings from Celtic and then if they do ok there we can take them on.

This is a wonderful idea and I'm fully behind it.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Virgil Van Dyke might disagree 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MattP said:

Celtic could actually be a decent feeder club for us, can toughen up younger players on loan and take the ones they get who can step up to the EPL.

King Power should definitely buy them. Huge opportunity to develop a portfolio of sister clubs. 

• Haha 1

On 27/10/2019 at 01:22, SO1 said:

Can't believe there's any way we loan back Benkovic to Celtic in order to re injure himself playing on Astroturf pitches. Unless Rodgers dosen't want him(unlikely).

If we want Ajer then we should pony up the cash, if its within reason. If not, that's between Ajer and Celtic to figure out.

Ajer is a prospect at this level. Same as Soyuncu was and Benkovic is. I love the guy but there are no guarantees. No way we pay Tierney money(20mil) for him.

Benkovic was left out in the away games on plastic pitches pretty much every time we had a fixture on them after his initial injury, imagine that would be the case should he come back.

I'm afraid your very much wrong on the latter. If Ajer leaves Celtic I'm afraid it won't be for any less than £20m, so not a kick in the backside off Tierney money.  Which in all honesty isn't a lot of money nowadays for a young player with a lot of potential who is a first pick at international level already.  If Soyuncu was similarly a prospect Leicester paid reportedly £19m for him so I don't quite see the logic in what your saying there at all.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

King Power should definitely buy them. Huge opportunity to develop a portfolio of sister clubs. 

Again, been some talk in recent years of the people who own Man City doing just this.  Can't see it happening mind you given we already have a billionaire owner who has no need or want to sell it seems.  Furthermore not sure I'd want some oil money fund taking us over.

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Benkovic was left out in the away games on plastic pitches pretty much every time we had a fixture on them after his initial injury, imagine that would be the case should he come back.

I'm afraid your very much wrong on the latter. If Ajer leaves Celtic I'm afraid it won't be for any less than £20m, so not a kick in the backside off Tierney money.  Which in all honesty isn't a lot of money nowadays for a young player with a lot of potential who is a first pick at international level already.  If Soyuncu was similarly a prospect Leicester paid reportedly £19m for him so I don't quite see the logic in what your saying there at all.

Maybe you should work as Lawwell's chief negotiator:)

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Again, been some talk in recent years of the people who own Man City doing just this.  Can't see it happening mind you given we already have a billionaire owner who has no need or want to sell it seems.  Furthermore not sure I'd want some oil money fund taking us over.

I must stress my tongue was firmly in cheek! You've been a valued contributor since joining and I didn't want to alienate you!

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

He's only got a couple of years left on his contract and our DOF has become a pretty excellent negotiator... It will be interesting to see what Celtic could get for him. How good is he?

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I must stress my tongue was firmly in cheek! You've been a valued contributor since joining and I didn't want to alienate you!

He's only got a couple of years left on his contract and our DOF has become a pretty excellent negotiator... It will be interesting to see what Celtic could get for him. How good is he?

Lol I wasn't being prickly so sorry if it came across that way and I for one don't have an inferiority complex to the point I'd turn my nose up at any top EPL side sending us decent youngsters on loan or whatever else, we've done very well out of it in that sense in recent years.

He recently signed a new contract until 2022 where Celtic have the option to extend it further until 2023 (we add this option to all contracts for some reason, we activated it for Sinclair in the summer there for example).

He is a very good young defender, he needs some polishing, can still be a bit naieve and raw at times but if he continues to develop at the same rate he'll iron that out soon enough.  I reckon he'd already be an automatic pick for the lower rung of EPL clubs and if he keeps developing he could become a mainstay at a top 10 EPL club quite easily imo.

Lawell is a hard nosed negotiator (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/peter-lawwells-bulldog-how-celtic-13160330), none of our big sellable assets will leave for any less than £20m nowadays, particularly to EPL clubs who are awash with cash.  As much as I criticise him and the board for being too frugal he's excellent at getting the right deal for players we sell, Dembele last season £20m up front and we played hard ball the whole of this summer and got £25m up front for Tierney and also knocked back a reported £20m from you guys for McGregor in late August.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Lol I wasn't being prickly so sorry if it came across that way and I for one don't have an inferiority complex to the point I'd turn my nose up at any top EPL side sending us decent youngsters on loan or whatever else, we've done very well out of it in that sense in recent years.

He recently signed a new contract until 2022 where Celtic have the option to extend it further until 2023 (we add this option to all contracts for some reason, we activated it for Sinclair in the summer there for example).

He is a very good young defender, he needs some polishing, can still be a bit naieve and raw at times but if he continues to develop at the same rate he'll iron that out soon enough.  I reckon he'd already be an automatic pick for the lower rung of EPL clubs and if he keeps developing he could become a mainstay at a top 10 EPL club quite easily imo.

Lawell is a hard nosed negotiator (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/peter-lawwells-bulldog-how-celtic-13160330), none of our big sellable assets will leave for any less than £20m nowadays, particularly to EPL clubs who are awash with cash.  As much as I criticise him and the board for being too frugal he's excellent at getting the right deal for players we sell, Dembele last season £20m up front and we played hard ball the whole of this summer and got £25m up front for Tierney and also knocked back a reported £20m from you guys for McGregor in late August.  

Definitely don't want to become like some Man Utd fans who thought they'd be getting Maguire for £40m so I'll just accept what you say and move on...

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

I'd take that tbh, not because I want to lose Edouard, more due to the fact I'm resigned to losing him this summer.

How does Edouard stack up compared with Demebele was for you? Also do PSG have any sort of buy back or sell on clause? That would be annoying for you. Man City have one for Iheanacho but I don't think that's in any danger haha

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

How does Edouard stack up compared with Demebele was for you? Also do PSG have any sort of buy back or sell on clause? That would be annoying for you. Man City have one for Iheanacho but I don't think that's in any danger haha

That's a very good question.  I really don't know, they are different types of players to an extent, Edouard is at his best peeling off out left, turning and running at people or running in behind onto through balls.  He is an excellent finisher, never seems to miss.  Dembele on the other hand was a powerhouse, quick, great with his back to goal and would bully defenders.  I find it really hard to split them tbh and they both always deliver in the big games.  Will be interesting to see who goes on to have the better career.  If they join the right side I could see both doing very well in the EPL.

Not saying they are as good or will be as good as these players but in style Edouard is like a Thierry Henry type attacker whereas Dembele is like a Drogba.

PSG definitely don't have a buy-back clause but not 100% sure on the sell-on, hopefully not.

• Like 1