Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesHub

Scout watches Kristoffer Ajer at Celtic

Must be BS. Why would any one leave Celtic to join a team that is apparently less famous than their reserves?  Wait a minute...…. someone did earlier this year.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What could Sean St Ledger tell us about Ajer that Rodgers, Toure and co didn't know already after working with him for 3 years.

Who said he was watching Ajer????? Don't believe anything out of the Daily Fail or those other rags. :scarf:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FoxesHub said:

Leicester scout Sean St Ledger (yes, really!) was at Celtic Park on Thursday evening to watch Kristoffer Ajer against Lazio, according to the Daily Mail.

More info here: https://foxeshub.com/senior-scout-sean-st-ledger-attends-celtic-match/

Young, promising, has European experience and has worked with Rodgers before. Shouldn't cost too much from Celtic too. No-brainer IMO, especially if we're sending Benkovic on loan to get some first team experience. 6 months to get used to the squad - where have I seen that be a success before?

Seems like a logical signing to make in the summer to replace Wes Morgan. If we get European football which touch wood looks likely at the moment then we will need a much deeper squad as that's what cost us big time back in 16/17. We will need 4 centre backs that are of a good standard.

It wouldn't surprise me if loaned Benkovic back to Celtic in January. Then we might end up in a position where they play Benko and Ajer together, and then we buy Ajer in the summer and Benko returns, effectively giving us an exciting CB partnership that has already played together which we could use in domestic and European cup competitions against "weaker" teams. Might cost us a decent chunk of change based on the Tierney transfer, but seems like the going rate for a good player and a sensible signing to me.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
36 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

A guy that coached my Sunday team for two years back in 1998 discovered Mo Salah for Liverpool. Enough said and yes this is very true

You dont really discover someone who is playing for Roma.

8 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

From the Liverpool Echo

Speaking in November, Klopp credited Fallows and Hunter with playing key roles in the decision to sign Mo Salah from Roma last summer.

You've missed his point which is if he's already playing well for one of Italy's and Europe's most famous clubs including playing in the champions League then you can claim to have discovered him! This isn't Walsh picking Mahrez up from Le Harve for 400k!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Seems like a logical signing to make in the summer to replace Wes Morgan. If we get European football which touch wood looks likely at the moment then we will need a much deeper squad as that's what cost us big time back in 16/17. We will need 4 centre backs that are of a good standard.

It wouldn't surprise me if loaned Benkovic back to Celtic in January. Then we might end up in a position where they play Benko and Ajer together, and then we buy Ajer in the summer and Benko returns, effectively giving us an exciting CB partnership that has already played together which we could use in domestic and European cup competitions against "weaker" teams. Might cost us a decent chunk of change based on the Tierney transfer, but seems like the going rate for a good player and a sensible signing to me.

Can't believe there's any way we loan back Benkovic to Celtic in order to re injure himself playing on Astroturf pitches. Unless Rodgers dosen't want him(unlikely).

If we want Ajer then we should pony up the cash, if its within reason. If not, that's between Ajer and Celtic to figure out.

Ajer is a prospect at this level. Same as Soyuncu was and Benkovic is. I love the guy but there are no guarantees. No way we pay Tierney money(20mil) for him.

Celtic could actually be a decent feeder club for us, can toughen up younger players on loan and take the ones they get who can step up to the EPL.