Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Burton Albion 1-3 Leicester City - Vote Now

Burton Albion 1-3 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.5

Total Average Rating

95 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Youri Tielemans 7.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

James Justin 5.6
  4. Manager Confidence 98% -1%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 29/10/19
Voting Ends: 02/11/19

1. Danny Ward
  2. James Justin
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Jonny Evans
  5. Christian Fuchs
  6. Hamza Choudhury
  7. Demarai Gray
  8. Dennis Praet
  9. Youri Tielemans
  10. Marc Albrighton
  11. Kelechi Iheanacho
  12. Harvey Barnes (sub)
  13. James Maddison (sub)
  14. Wilfred Ndidi (sub)

16 minutes ago, bmt said:

Some fans are blinded by their hatred for Gray, it is bizarre.

There was a lot of anti-gray comments in the away end, relying on really tired stereotypes about him (lazy, attitude problem). People see what they want to see. He performed well but lacked end product and recycled possession cheaply at times. I think our fan base have an obsession with criticizing Gray, Chilwell and Iheanacho. 

32 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

There was a lot of anti-gray comments in the away end, relying on really tired stereotypes about him (lazy, attitude problem). People see what they want to see. He performed well but lacked end product and recycled possession cheaply at times. I think our fan base have an obsession with criticizing Gray, Chilwell and Iheanacho. 

If you lack end product against a League One team then it's surely understandable that fans will criticise.

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If you lack end product against a League One team then it's surely understandable that fans will criticise.

But he had a huge impact on the game. The assist for the final goal and for disallowed goal showed plenty of "end product" and imo the shot near the end was actually pretty difficult, he took the wrong decision but he is obviously lacking in confidence. Which is understandable given the derision on here and elsewhere.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

So he was reading Foxes Talk whilst playing last night?

That may explain things.

"And elsewhere" such as hearing things from the stands. He will know he's not a liked player and anything good he does is completely overlooked.

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

"And elsewhere" such as hearing things from the stands. He will know he's not a liked player and anything good he does is completely overlooked.

He's most certainly not a 'not liked player'. 

Fans don't moan because 'it's Albrightion' they moan because his final ball/shot was poor.

When he gets it right the fans love him as he's a 'legend'.

1 hour ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I wasn't at the game but watching the 'bulk' highlights, Gray had much better impact than Albrighton who was completely wasteful.

Albrighton is always a 100% player in terms of work ethic but his goalscoring record is poor for what we're trying to achieve.

Albrighton got into a lot of good positions, but I would argue both were equally wasteful, with both high turnovers of possession.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

I'm not saying there should be negative comments, but these were clearly people who came with an agenda against the player and everytime they got on the ball vilified them for anything they did. I was critical of Gray last night for much the same reasons as many others, however there is a really toxic attitude towards this player in particular in both our home and away ends.

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

So great to see him still playing. Hard to believe it's been so long since he was in a City shirt - what a legend he was.

Was he playing as a left back for them? The way he got back to stop our break was sensational, it would have almost certainly been a goal but he still has an engine on him. If he wasnt playing at the back its even more impressive. 

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

He's most certainly not a 'not liked player'. 

Fans don't moan because 'it's Albrightion' they moan because his final ball/shot was poor.

When he gets it right the fans love him as he's a 'legend'.

If you look at the ratings on this thread Gray was our 4th best player and Justin was our worst (I actually think Gray was definitely in the top 2 but that's another debate). If you look at the match thread the amount of comments saying Gray is shit or similar are so many times more than the same for Justin. He isn't liked, and to be honest I'm not saying he should be. He is usually wasteful etc. but yesterday he was good and people ignore it to bring up tired cliched opinions.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

15 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

He had a hand in all three goals and made various other chances that others failed to take. He was brilliant.