Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

How to watch the Premier League on Prime Video

37 minutes ago, squarez said:

Genuinely think this is their strategy.

Take out a free trial for the football.

Order a few things with Prime over the Christmas period = "hmmm this is actually alright". Gain customers that way.

Agree - this is a win/win for Amazon. They get a little extra business from football Prime trial subscriptions, some dozy buggers (like me for example) forget to cancel, some others buy stuff from Amazon whilst subscribing.

But by far the biggest benefit is for their future strategy, such as, should we a) go to the Moon? or b) invest in showing English Premier League football?

38 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

How does she manage that given you only get a trial once?

Does she register under different details each time?

Pretty sure I've had two free trials in the past. Not sure how, if it's something Amazon allow (maybe resets every 18 months or something?) or if it's a gliche on the system in certain accounts.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Ive had at least 4 prime trials on my same account, definitely resets at some point, not sure when. Had 2 consecutive christmas 1 month trials past few years. And they are offering me one now, again on the same account. But my girlfriend can get a 6 month trial as a student so probably use that instead.

Just realised I have a gig booked on wednesday so I'll be missing that game, was interested to see how Amazon covered it.

4 hours ago, Yes said:

Does it buffer/crash much? 

The picture quality is so-so, and I probably have to reload the page a couple times per match.  But at $60/year (my renewal price), it's a no-brainer for US fans.  If it really is as simple as accessing it via a US-based VPN, half the UK should be doing it.  It includes a sizable majority of PL matches.

3 hours ago, Kopic said:

Just realised I have a gig booked on wednesday so I'll be missing that game, was interested to see how Amazon covered it.

Interesting point.  If these matches are exclusive to Amazon in the UK, will they have their own announcing or production crews?   Or just "subcontract" them via BBC or Sky?  If they'd set up something new (like NBC hiring White/Dixon/Le Saux), you'd think it would have made the news.

• Like 1

I'm presuming that our, ahem, usual sources of viewing will be thin on the ground...

Sigh. 

I *hate* Amazon and don't want to sign up to Amazon Prime, even temporarily. 

I think they've got us by the baws, though. 

5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I'm presuming that our, ahem, usual sources of viewing will be thin on the ground...

Sigh. 

I *hate* Amazon and don't want to sign up to Amazon Prime, even temporarily. 

I think they've got us by the baws, though. 

With respect to the football surely no worse than Sky or BT?

19 hours ago, Yes said:

Does it buffer/crash much? 

No its pretty good I find. If they did matches other than Sat 3pm ones I would definitely ditch NowTV sports for it. But for 60 quid it’s a bargain (I get USA vpn with work but YouTube guy Below recently had a discount code he mentions in this video which sounded cheap)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

No its pretty good I find. If they did matches other than Sat 3pm ones I would definitely ditch NowTV sports for it. But for 60 quid it’s a bargain (I get USA vpn with work but YouTube guy Below recently had a discount code he mentions in this video which sounded cheap)

Cheers sounds good think I’ll give it a go, sounds like it’s better than the usual 3pm streams that cut out every few minutes.

On 27/11/2019 at 21:26, Chrysalis said:

Just spoke to her as she was working late. She paid 2 quid last dec and has just had an email today as it happens offering a months free trial again. Unbeknown to me she has taken it today meaning I get boxing days game ;) as I wont be going. 

Not sure if it's just the sheer volume we spend each dec with ordering 2 kids plus 4 nieces and nephews presents but she manages it year on year.

how many small business have they crushed in their pursuit of dominance?, it sicken's me.

And then they pay little, or no tax.

The best thing of all though is the posts in other threads about the great satan, that is America, as they religiously send their £50 a month to Apple, Amazon and  Netfiix

You couldn't make it up.