Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Jamie he is that good

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I stand corrected what a compelling argument.

No where else in the world of football other than this forum would people be seriously argueing that Vardy is better than Henry.

It's madness And I absolutely adore the bloke.

you didn't say who was better you said who was up there so I stand corrected.

He is just as good at finishing as any of those names you have mentioned?

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Agree with you whole heartedly on the finishing. But in terms of the best ever premier league strikers you would have to have your blue tinted spectacles on pretty tight to think he's better Henry, Shearer, Drogba or Aguero.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Agree with you whole heartedly on the finishing. But in terms of the best ever premier league strikers you would have to have your blue tinted spectacles on pretty tight to think he's better Henry, Shearer, Drogba or Aguero.

debatable depends what your basing it on.

he will be remembered in 20 years time as being prolific so I don't know what your basing your argument on tbf

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Lol that was a great win but people are getting a bit carried away. Bare in mind he has only scored 20 premier league goals in 2 seasons out of 5 so far. Hes one of the most iconic players of his generation and the best player in our clubs history. But not sure he's up there with the greatest ever premier league strikers like Drogba, Henry, Aguero, Shearer etc.

Also wasn't Cantona more of skillful number 10 Dennis Bergkamp type than a prolific goal scorer?

Getting carried away? he’s scored 16 and it’s not even January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

debatable depends what your basing it on.

he will be remembered in 20 years time as being prolific so I don't know what your basing your argument on tbf

Based on how good they are at football, what they achieved in the premier league etc. 

My original point was that as much as I love Vardy and he's Leicester city's greatest player and a iconic figure. I don't think he is in the arguement for the greatest ever premier league striker as the op was saying.

Even in terms of being prolific he Averages a goal Evey 163 minutes which is quite far behind Kane (every 116), Aguero (every 106) and Henry (every 121). 

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

So you genuinely believe he's the greatest striker in the history of the premier league?

If he bangs in 30+ goals this season then he's one of greatest imo. 

But to crown THE greatest is totally a subjective thing. Score 30+ and he's right up there. 

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Based on how good they are at football, what they achieved in the premier league etc. 

My original point was that as much as I love Vardy and he's Leicester city's greatest player and a iconic figure. I don't think he is in the arguement for the greatest ever premier league striker as the op was saying.

Even in terms of being prolific he Averages a goal Evey 163 minutes which is quite far behind Kane (every 116), Aguero (every 106) and Henry (every 121). 

but you said But not sure he's up there with the greatest ever premier league strikers like Drogba, Henry, Aguero, Shearer etc.

So who is the greatest then? why can't Vardy be put in the same category as those strikers he has won the league title and is just as good at finishing and does it consistently... he is on course for 20+ goals this season again and looks to have another 1 or 2 seasons if not 3 ileft n him

Just now, LC/FC said:

If he bangs in 30+ goals this season then he's one of greatest imo. 

But to crown THE greatest is totally a subjective thing. Score 30+ and he's right up there. 

I agree it's subjective. And I also agree his career isn't over yet so it's probably best to wait to see what else he achieves. But someone like Henry scored 176 goals and made 76 assists. A goal or assist every 84 minutes he won the golden boot in 4 out of 5 consecutive seasons. Not only that but his all round play was incredible, he was a creative genuius that helped change the face English football.

If he finishes his career strongly he will be in around the top 10 but some of these elite strikers are true greats of the history of the game and as much as I love Vardy subjective or not it's hard to make a genuine case against someone like Henry.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I would still say that Henry was a better finisher than Vardy. He could finish all types of goals. 

That’s not knocking Vardy at all, but Henry has to be one of the best ever to grace the Premier League. 

All opinions of course.

I agree it's subjective. And I also agree his career isn't over yet so it's probably best to wait to see what else he achieves. But someone like Henry scored 176 goals and made 76 assists. A goal or assist every 84 minutes he won the golden boot in 4 out of 5 consecutive seasons. Not only that but his all round play was incredible, he was a creative genuius that helped change the face English football.

If he finishes his career strongly he will be in around the top 10 but some of these elite strikers are true greats of the history of the game and as much as I love Vardy subjective or not it's hard to make a genuine case against someone like Henry.

Henry also played for one of the greatest teams in Premier League history brimming with technical and astounding talents throughout the side.

I'd argue that Vardy only this year has had a team worthy of equalling the Gunners of 15-20 years ago. 

Thierry played with Bergkamp, Viera, Ljunberg, Pires, Anelka and so many other Arsenal stars of back then that it was arguably much more easy for him to play and score as he does.

Vardy broke records with Mahrez and Kante as the only other real top quality players in our title winning side that defended like hell then counter attacked through Vardy and Mahrez. 

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

but you said But not sure he's up there with the greatest ever premier league strikers like Drogba, Henry, Aguero, Shearer etc.

So who is the greatest then? why can't Vardy be put in the same category as those strikers he has won the league title and is just as good at finishing and does it consistently... he is on course for 20+ goals this season again and looks to have another 1 or 2 seasons if not 3 ileft n him

Out of Vardy, Drogba, Shearer, Henry, Aguero. 

Vardy has the least amount of goals, the least amount of assists, the worse goals per minutes ratio. The least amount of Golden Boots (currently none) and has won the premier league the joint least amount of times  (once with Shearer). 

At a push you could argue he belongs on the list. But what's the point of putting him on a list he will be bottom of? He is an iconic figure, a Leicester legend a brilliant lethal bastard but he is not the best striker in premier league history.

• Like 1

At the start of the season I desperately wanted Vardy to make the 100 club and hit his century of goals before he retired/moved on from Leicester. He started this season on 80 and he's at 96 before the turn of the year which is absolutely monstrous form tbqh. It's pretty inevitable he'll hit 100 now - it's just a case of how many more he'll get.

In the meantime, let's all kick back and enjoy the goals and shithousing of opposition fans whilst they all wait for him to slow down because 'he's all pace'. Phenomenal striker.

• Like 1

Vardy has the least amount of goals, the least amount of assists, the worse goals per minutes ratio. The least amount of Golden Boots (currently none) and has won the premier league the joint least amount of times  (once with Shearer). 

At a push you could argue he belongs on the list. But what's the point of putting him on a list he will be bottom of? He is an iconic figure, a Leicester legend a brilliant lethal bastard but he is not the best striker in premier league history.

TBH... It's Shearer number 1.

And everyone else fills the rest of the top 10.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

i genuinely believe he’s up there with the best of them. no one said he’s the best.

The op claimed he was the best of the premier league era. 

Could you genuinely make an arguement for him being the best striker in premier league history. If not then he shouldn't really be on a list for who is the best ever premier league striker.

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

TBH... It's Shearer number 1.

And everyone else fills the rest of the top 10.

Henry for me but I agree there is a strong case for Shearer as there is strong case for Aguero too he has scored more than 30 goals in 6 premier league seasons and averages a goal every 106 minutes.

Sadly Vardy's case for being the greatest ever premier league striker isn't as strong. It's just not. Hence why he doesn't belong on said list.

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

You forgot to mention one key stat the amount of games he's played compared to the others at this level and yet he is still up there in the stats with the players you are mentioning in a lesser side and with a lot less game time.

by the time he has finished he might not be bottom of the list and I would argue he belongs on that list anyway.

Good night.