Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Jamie he is that good

Lol that was a great win but people are getting a bit carried away. Bare in mind he has only scored 20 premier league goals in 2 seasons out of 5 so far. Hes one of the most iconic players of his generation and the best player in our clubs history. But not sure he's up there with the greatest ever premier league strikers like Drogba, Henry, Aguero, Shearer etc.

Also wasn't Cantona more of skillful number 10 Dennis Bergkamp type than a prolific goal scorer?

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Lol that was a great win but people are getting a bit carried away. Bare in mind he has only scored 20 premier league goals in 2 seasons out of 5 so far. Hes one of the most iconic players of his generation and the best player in our clubs history. But not sure he's up there with the greatest ever premier league strikers like Drogba, Henry, Aguero, Shearer etc.

Also wasn't Cantona more of skillful number 10 Dennis Bergkamp type than a prolific goal scorer?

I have to disagree with you there; he scored a 11 in a row! He’s a premier league great imo, and will prove that this season by beating Shearers record 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I have to disagree with you there; he scored a 11 in a row! He’s a premier league great imo, and will prove that this season by beating Shearers record 

Agree with this apart from the Shearer record bit. There's no way he's getting 260 or whatever Shearer has.

I really think he is. 

Although we're biased, he has some incredible stats. 

Many of the other players mentioned, played in some great sides with creative players around them for a long period of time. 

It is well known that under Claude, Vards was under performing but still chipped in with a few Dispite being suffocated of service. 

He's a different beast now and all premier defences shit themselves about facing our attack. 

Just like Liverpool, teams are seriously worried about what we can do without focusing on when they can do. 

This gives us a huge physiological advantage over teams. 

Imo this is why Liverpool score so many late goals and get so many decisions. 

Other sides fear them so much and we're getting there ourselves 👍

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Drogba only scored 20 twice and Vardy is only a few behind him now.

Edited by pds
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, pds said:

Drogba only scored 20 twice and Vardy is only a few behind him now.

Fair point. You could argue that Drogba was more of a complete player with incredible hold up play and technical ability, who contributed with a lot more assists. You could also argue that he won the premier 4 times and the champions League once.

But hey I don't want to that guy. Arguing against Jamie Vardy with fellow Leicester fans so fuch it he's the best ever.

Up the city.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Have you started a thread before? This is better than "It begins tomorrow" though I suppose lol 

But yes, Vardy is ridiculous, and is getting me lots of FF points to boot.

what you are saying is a bit like saying Barca are betta than Real, but yes I understand, fair play to you

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agree with this apart from the Shearer record bit. There's no way he's getting 260 or whatever Shearer has.

I think or assume he was taking about most goals in a season, although I think Salah broke this record now 32, which Vards is on course for.

The other record he can aim for is most different teams scored against in one season- current record 17. 

I believe Vardy is on 11 and needs goals against Norwich, West Ham, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Wolves, Chelsea. We know he loves scoring against the big teams, could be a chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love Vardy.

He has that crazy single minded driven stare that only the elites have. 

The stare that says "I'm gonna **** you up and you're gonna know about it!" 

Roy Keane had it. Graham Sourness had it. Pontus Kamaark pocketing Juninho had it.

But I can't think of anyone else in the last decade that's had that mad bastard stare apart from Vardy.

:wub:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

They all did it in top clubs. Vardy has predominantly done in a counter attacking side

9 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I love Vardy.

Roy Keane had it. Graham Sourness had it. Pontus Kamaark pocketing Juninho had it.

But I can't think of anyone else in the last decade that's had that mad bastard stare apart from Vardy.

One Caglar Soyuncu.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

They all did it in top clubs. Vardy has predominantly done in a counter attacking side

Not convinced that's relevant. Counter attacking suits Vardy's attributes. When he played for England he often looked ineffective.

And people here were getting angry that england weren't playing to his strengths. Chelsea, arsenal, Man City etc probably wouldn't have played to his strengths either.

Although we get it a bit at home the traditional top sides opponents tend to line up against them with a low line and very defensive mentally. Vardy's career has probably benefitted from the fact that over the last 6 years a lot of sides have fancied their chances against us and look to attack.

Edited by The whole world smiles

17 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I love Vardy.

p37388.png.254256a2b535e7ae848763025d453458.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Fair point. You could argue that Drogba was more of a complete player with incredible hold up play and technical ability, who contributed with a lot more assists. You could also argue that he won the premier 4 times and the champions League once.

But hey I don't want to that guy. Arguing against Jamie Vardy with fellow Leicester fans so fuch it he's the best ever.

Up the city.

But that’s what makes Vardy a freak - not at a big club but still stacking up the goals. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

easily

20 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

One Caglar Soyuncu.

12 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

p37388.png.254256a2b535e7ae848763025d453458.png

Tbh I was trying not to think of as many other Leicester players as to not be biased... But those 2 are excellent shouts. 

Steve Walsh and Gerry Taggart were 2 psychos as well!

But whereas these lot are all "Thou shalt not pass" Vardy is all "I score when I want and you can't stop me!" 

• Like 2