Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Petition for a singing section in 2020

6 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Please accept and respect all who support this Club in whatever way they think appropriate.

Yeah but you got to admit:-

"incessant sometimes idiotic and inaudible "chanting/singing" can be a distraction and a ruddy annoyance. Remember, empty tin cans make the most noise!!"

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

It's not a question of the "silent" majority. We applaud, shout encouragement and make very good use of our clappers. I would think the Club and players are extremely grateful of the support of the majority as well as a noisy, vociferous minority. Please accept and respect all who support this Club in whatever way they think appropriate.

I'm fairly sure that you don't put the clappers to the use I would love to see them put to :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just an update on this. Got 300 signatures which isn’t bad I guess. Don’t know if it’s enough for the club to take any notice but at least it tells us that there is at least 300 people who would actively be looking to join a singing section if it was ever to happen. If anyone has any ideas on how to approach the club with it then feel free to advise 

7 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Just an update on this. Got 300 signatures which isn’t bad I guess. Don’t know if it’s enough for the club to take any notice but at least it tells us that there is at least 300 people who would actively be looking to join a singing section if it was ever to happen. If anyone has any ideas on how to approach the club with it then feel free to advise 

300 is nothing, no where near significant. If anything it shows how low the appetite for it is.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

300 is nothing, no where near significant. If anything it shows how low the appetite for it is.

Which is the reason why our stadium is like Disneyland pre match and a Christmas pantomime for 95 mins whilst we are seeing possibly the best team we’ve ever had tear up the premier league 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Here he is, Mr motivator right on cue

Mate honestly, you can keep trying to act like singing sections and standing at matches are all that matter but in reality there is very little interest in it from the majority of fans. Some people really can’t take anyone having an opinion that goes against the narrative on this forum created by a very small majority and honestly it’s pretty pathetic. 

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Maybe it signifies that only a very small section of the fan base were aware that the petition existed. 

It could definitely signify that I agree. But the suggestion was made that three hundred was a significant number when it isn’t. Out of that three hundred there will be people who don’t go to games and people who are supportive of it but won’t join in with the singing section. I’m guessing 300 is also a lower number than the amount of people who would be moved to create the singing section. I would suggest such a petition would need mass support, maybe 10,000 or more for it to mean much. 

On 14/01/2020 at 02:31, peach0000 said:

Mate honestly, you can keep trying to act like singing sections and standing at matches are all that matter but in reality there is very little interest in it from the majority of fans. Some people really can’t take anyone having an opinion that goes against the narrative on this forum created by a very small majority and honestly it’s pretty pathetic. 

Nah I just enjoy watching people make a positive impact in life/ society and don't  like negativity, particularly when people are being shot down for simply trying to make a change. 

On 07/01/2020 at 13:49, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely, because I pay my money and have done for many years. I do really like the idea in principle but, if every season ticket holder in the relevant stand had a vote upon whether, having chosen their seats, should they be forcibly moved to another part of the ground just so a group of a couple of hundred fans could have a little sing song, then I wonder how the vote would go. It would I suggest depend upon what alternative was being offered and at what cost.

Sensible comments that'll no doubt be shot down.

People are creatures of habit and wouldn't budge, why should they?  Childish and naive to think differently.To most of the deep rooted supporters following the club is a way of life, not a fashion.

If the club go ahead with the ground extension, that would seem an ideal time and logical for those wishing to group together to occupy that area?

I'd be happy to move to better seats but i'd guess across the board the volunteers would account for 10% maximum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Nah I just enjoy watching people make a positive impact in life/ society and don't  like negativity, particularly when people are being shot down for simply trying to make a change. 

In this particular case a person has tried to see if there is significant support for something to happen. Completely fair enough. They’ve failed to get significant support but are claiming they have. All I was pointing out is that it isn’t significant enough to justify enacting. I’ll happily accept it if the petition gains a lot more support though. 

29 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

From what I can see the only people taking the piss are our supposed 'supporters' who do any thing but support.. 

Just because people raise concerns about a proposal doesn’t make their support any less real or welcome. It always makes me laugh when people think they are somehow superior just because they like to stand at a football ground. Everyone in the ground sitting or standing or watching from a far bring in their own way a vital part of the support any football club needs. It’s just pure arrogance to think your way of supporting is better than any other.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2020 at 11:33, peach0000 said:

It could definitely signify that I agree. But the suggestion was made that three hundred was a significant number when it isn’t. Out of that three hundred there will be people who don’t go to games and people who are supportive of it but won’t join in with the singing section. I’m guessing 300 is also a lower number than the amount of people who would be moved to create the singing section. I would suggest such a petition would need mass support, maybe 10,000 or more for it to mean much. 

Who said it was a significant number? I certainly didn’t. Its probably the amount of people that currently sing in the ground anyway which tells a story in itself.

On 07/01/2020 at 10:10, Jimbo said:

Bit of a catch 22 here

On one hand, I can see what they're trying to do.  And full credit to them. Tifos and arranging singing sections etc take time. They're not paid to do any of this and get nothing back for it, apart from an improved atmosphere that they're trying to create. I'm all for it and love that we are one of the few teams with a group dedicated enough to trying to make it happen.

On the other hand, I can agree with some comments. Those about moving seats etc I can sympathise with. I've sat pretty much everywhere in the ground. When we 1st moved I was L1, then had a stint in the west stand, moved to SK4 for league 1 and moved to G2 when we won the championship, been there ever since and I love my seat. Love the view, not too far from SK1 and Union FS, I don't wanna move, but looking forward to being turned out my seat when/if the expansion happens!

The problem we have is a historic one, since we moved in. L1/K1 where I originally sat was lively because its next to the away fan. Some moved into the new south stand, because that was the Kop, and so our "singing" fan base was divided.

To create a singing section is more about inclusion rather than exclusion. Make those who sit in and around the area part of it, they'd be much more inclined to agree to more I'd they're part of the group. Rather than villainise those who sit, try different methods to include them. You're never going to please everyone, someone, somewhere will moan. But appeal to the majority and you're on to a winner.

Right now, there seems to be a divide that has been created. Those who want to stand are right, those who don't are wrong. This is the wrong point of view. Everyone has the same right to enjoy the game anyhow they choose, try to include, understand and empathise with those who have a different perspective and move forward from there. Even reading that petition is very divisive, you're trying alienate those who have different opinions to you. This is a problem when trying to unite the fan base. People are going to read that and dig their heels in, itll create more harm than good and further damage the atmosphere. 

I wish people would stop thinking they're better than anyone else who doesn't sing, dance, jump, stand for the entire game. You're not better, just different.

Until we can see that we're all Leicester fans then we have no hope of uniting and making these things happen

:appl:

I think a singing section is a good idea. And when we have our stadium extension we should ensure that the new seats (about 5K of them are reserved for a few months for people to move into and form whatever type of chav choir they please.)

No but seriously, there was a time when Doris and Derek sang and had sex but their money has been good for years (since before mobile phones) so don’t try and force them out now. Petition the club for new seats in the new area would be my thought.