Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Petition for a singing section in 2020

36 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Turning out like holmsdale fannys

Does seem to me like Union FS are trying to do their best impression of those palace kids recently and that's not a compliment. Should stick to what they've been doing successfully for the last few years (tifos etc).

We're pretty happy with our seats and don't see why we should move for anyone, unless they provided better seats with permanently no extra cost. Singing or leaving early is a personal choice. If doing the latter however, if you're going, go, don't selfishly hang about and spoil it for others.

It's a nice idea to try and get a part of the ground for singing but can't see the club upsetting customers over it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'd like to start a petition for a section containing all the fans that:

a) kick seats/dig knees into back of seats

b) mispronounce Iheanacho/Soyuncu/basically any other bloody name, but shout that name every other minute for the whole game

c) clap along to uptown funk

d) stand up when the rest of the section is sat down

e) get up for a piss, pint and a pie when we're through on goal

etc.

f) clap when the same video comes on every home game and it's the part when we're lifting the trophy.

In 100 years time the same thing will be happening. "We won the league once". Visitors sing "you live in the past".

8 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'd like to start a petition for a section containing all the fans that:

a) kick seats/dig knees into back of seats

b) mispronounce Iheanacho/Soyuncu/basically any other bloody name, but shout that name every other minute for the whole game

c) clap along to uptown funk

d) stand up when the rest of the section is sat down

e) get up for a piss, pint and a pie when we're through on goal

etc.

Don't forget those who slag off the selection and formation at the start before spending their 90 minutes criticising every player who is not perfect. Every mis hit pass or missed tackle.  Lord knows what they were like when we were shit!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

On one hand, I can see what they're trying to do.  And full credit to them. Tifos and arranging singing sections etc take time. They're not paid to do any of this and get nothing back for it, apart from an improved atmosphere that they're trying to create. I'm all for it and love that we are one of the few teams with a group dedicated enough to trying to make it happen.

Unless I'm misinterpreting you this petition has nothing to do with UFS

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair play, well written. It says this at the bottom of the petition but not everyone will get that far, the OP isn't part of or speaking on behalf of UFS. 

9 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Doesn't help when our players names aren't even pronounced right at the beginning of each game by our own club staff.

For example Caglar literally being pronounced as Caglar rather than Chaarlar :glare: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Unless I'm misinterpreting you this petition has nothing to do with UFS

Then it's even worse, 2 rival factions almost in the same fan base, but yes I understand this isn't anything to do with UFS

There's no divide and conquer solution to this problem 

Edited by Jimbo