Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Petition for a singing section in 2020

51 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

Doesn't help when our players names aren't even pronounced right at the beginning of each game by our own club staff.

For example Caglar literally being pronounced as Caglar rather than Chaarlar :glare: 

Thought it's pronounced more like 'Sharlash'. 

But not sure we can criticise too much for not always getting that one right.

1 hour ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

needs to happen, its getting very embarrassing now. probably the worst its ever been something has to change.

come on, it was been loads worse! we were getting about 16k some weeks it was dead! 

Yes something needs to change i agree but some people have very selective memories. 

28 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Thought it's pronounced more like 'Sharlash'. 

But not sure we can criticise too much for not always getting that one right.

‘Charla’ is the nearest us non-Turkish speaking people are going to get to pronouncing it properly 👍🏽 This has been discussed at great length in the Söyüncü thread 😂 It’s how I’ve heard him pronounce it. 

• Thanks 1

Correct me of I'm mistaken but when fans moved to the back of SK1 it was set up as an unofficial standing/singing section and the area was chosen because there was plenty of room. This was few years ago but anyone who wanted a ticket here could have gotten one. I'm all for trying to improve the atmosphere but basically this has been tried before.

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Has going to the club with a petition actually ever worked before?

Genuine question

I don't think so. 

Nor do I think a petition of 200 will change that, unfortunately - as well intentioned as it is. 

The club aren't as out of touch with the fanbase as people seem to think. They will be aware of the success of the singing section at Wigan.

Whether they choose to implement anything long term is doubtful.

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

We're pretty happy with our seats and don't see why we should move for anyone, unless they provided better seats with permanently no extra cost. Singing or leaving early is a personal choice. If doing the latter however, if you're going, go, don't selfishly hang about and spoil it for others.

It's a nice idea to try and get a part of the ground for singing but can't see the club upsetting customers over it.

"I'm alright, Jack"

17 minutes ago, Cujek said:

if it makes the club more money it will happen, if it hurts profits, it wont. its that simple.

It would make no difference to profit either way. A full ground is a full ground whether more people sing or not. 

Not sure this is the case just putting it out there from the couple of EPL games I've been at or people I know have been attended.  Is the atmosphere not suffering at a lot of EPL grounds now due to them being a tourist trap for daytrippers?  I understand it's a hard thing to address with secondary ticketing/touts nowadays but I'd love to see clubs go back to the days where a section of tickets are given to schools and/or working class sections of society that are now priced out of going to the football.  If any league in the world has the clout to subsidise this sort of thing it should be the EPL given how awash with cash the clubs are.

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Not sure this is the case just putting it out there from the couple of EPL games I've been at or people I know have been attended.  Is the atmosphere not suffering at a lot of EPL grounds now due to them being a tourist trap for daytrippers?  I understand it's a hard thing to address with secondary ticketing/touts nowadays but I'd love to see clubs go back to the days where a section of tickets are given to schools and/or working class sections of society that are now priced out of going to the football.  If any league in the world has the clout to subsidise this sort of thing it should be the EPL given how awash with cash the clubs are.

At a few grounds this is the case, not so much at ours. We get the odd tourist, but not so much that it affects the atmosphere 

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
41 minutes ago, Viva said:

It would make no difference to profit either way. A full ground is a full ground whether more people sing or not. 

Does it require more police?

Does it require different insurance or higher premiums if you have people that insist on standing?

Do they need to put on more stewards?

Does it need more cleaners after the game to pick up all the banners etc?

Do they need to spend more time opening and responding to more complaints because Derek and Doris can no longer speak to each other?

Do they need a dedicated resource / team to be able to co-ordinate the area? 

ETC ETC

there are lots of costs associated with any type of new initiative that most people don't think of, if by allowing it has no cost or profit benefit, why would they do it?

everyone will still go, it wont increase the attendance at league games, they are already sold out, it might help in cup games, but does it only get implemented at those.

would people pay an extra £5 (made up amount) each to go in this section, if so then would that extra revenue outweigh the cost implications?

there are a lot of questions that the business would need answers to before they would do anything like this.

im not trying to poo poo it, but look at it from their point of view, if there was extra profit swapping the kop and the family stand it would have been done years ago.

1 hour ago, squarez said:

"I'm alright, Jack"

Absolutely, because I pay my money and have done for many years. I do really like the idea in principle but, if every season ticket holder in the relevant stand had a vote upon whether, having chosen their seats, should they be forcibly moved to another part of the ground just so a group of a couple of hundred fans could have a little sing song, then I wonder how the vote would go. It would I suggest depend upon what alternative was being offered and at what cost.

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I wont be alive in 100 years but I would still be clapping that video. I'm not ashamed to be proud that our club achieved one of the greatest sporting achievements of all time! Couldn't give 2 ****s what fans of other clubs think of me or our fanbase as most of them are jealous cnuts anyway. 

You do realise I was joking with my last sentance because some of our fans sing "you live in the past" to others. Irony and that.

Edited by Fox92

172 signatures in around 15 hours so far. General consensus seems to be people really enjoyed Saturday and want more. Obviously anything like this happening would be up to the club and the logistics surrounding it are tough but we live in hope.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cujek said:

Does it require more police?

Does it require different insurance or higher premiums if you have people that insist on standing?

Do they need to put on more stewards?

Does it need more cleaners after the game to pick up all the banners etc?

Do they need to spend more time opening and responding to more complaints because Derek and Doris can no longer speak to each other?

Do they need a dedicated resource / team to be able to co-ordinate the area? 

ETC ETC

there are lots of costs associated with any type of new initiative that most people don't think of, if by allowing it has no cost or profit benefit, why would they do it?

everyone will still go, it wont increase the attendance at league games, they are already sold out, it might help in cup games, but does it only get implemented at those.

would people pay an extra £5 (made up amount) each to go in this section, if so then would that extra revenue outweigh the cost implications?

there are a lot of questions that the business would need answers to before they would do anything like this.

im not trying to poo poo it, but look at it from their point of view, if there was extra profit swapping the kop and the family stand it would have been done years ago.

I think the answer is probably no to most of those and the difference either way would be negligible. My point was that a tiny difference in cost/profit would not decide every decision made by the club like you suggested. 
There are other main factors that would be used in any decision making, such as annoying the hundreds/thousands of season ticket holders that would have to move seats if they didn’t want to be in the middle of a singing section. 

Those that don't want to sing, for whatever reason, shouldn't be seen as social outcasts. There will always be noise with 32K inside the stadium and I have no problem with that but the incessant sometimes idiotic and inaudible "chanting/singing" can be a distraction and a ruddy annoyance. Remember, empty tin cans make the most noise!!

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

We're pretty happy with our seats and don't see why we should move for anyone, unless they provided better seats with permanently no extra cost. Singing or leaving early is a personal choice. If doing the latter however, if you're going, go, don't selfishly hang about and spoil it for others.

It's a nice idea to try and get a part of the ground for singing but can't see the club upsetting customers over it.

I wouldn't imagine they'd be that worried about upsetting a couple of hundred supporters when there are thousands of others waiting for season tickets. Let's face it there will be changes to the layout and supporters moved when the East Stand is altered anyway. 

I'd suggest UFS hold fire and move somewhere else after the redevelopment, the atmosphere is dead in the Kop, it's time to move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Those that don't want to sing, for whatever reason, shouldn't be seen as social outcasts. There will always be noise with 32K inside the stadium and I have no problem with that but the incessant sometimes idiotic and inaudible "chanting/singing" can be a distraction and a ruddy annoyance. Remember, empty tin cans make the most noise!!

I don't think you're a social outcast, you're very much in the Majority at The King Power.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

And this is a real shame. I wonder what our players make of the silent majority? 

It's not a question of the "silent" majority. We applaud, shout encouragement and make very good use of our clappers. I would think the Club and players are extremely grateful of the support of the majority as well as a noisy, vociferous minority. Please accept and respect all who support this Club in whatever way they think appropriate.

• Thanks 1