Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To be honest we had one of the best set of active supporters in Europe at the KP when Copenhagen came and I heard nothing from them. Partly down to the club saying they couldn't bring their drums and megaphones in though. Personally I feel that's partly why they did the pyro display at our ground.

In all honesty the away fans at CL ties shouldn't stand a chance. 5% is simply too small an allocation for them to control an away ground. Looking at the seeding from last year and assuming we'd be in pot three then the worst (or best depending on how you look at it) scenario in terms of away fans in my opinion would be PSG, Dortmund and Atalanta. 

Looking forward to whoever comes as it lifted the whole stadium having a bouncy away end. Pre kick off at the Porto group stage match was incredible in SK1. 

You heard nothing from the Copenhagen lot?? 

Were you there?? 😯

We were in the family stand that night and they were very lively 

• Like 1

I imagine this sort of thread could be replicated over quite a lot of clubs in the top 2 tiers with the exception of 5 or 6 like Leeds, Sheffield Wed , Chelsea, Man United. Most ‘home crowds’ are a lot quieter nowadays, though I’m sure watching Leicester play top flight football in the mid 80s with 7500 watching was probably not great. The away side bit  may just be it is more of a day out but without the edge of promotion or relegation to stir things up which has been our natural environment since I started watching back in the late 70s. Who knows! 

43 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I imagine this sort of thread could be replicated over quite a lot of clubs in the top 2 tiers with the exception of 5 or 6 like Leeds, Sheffield Wed , Chelsea, Man United. Most ‘home crowds’ are a lot quieter nowadays, though I’m sure watching Leicester play top flight football in the mid 80s with 7500 watching was probably not great. The away side bit  may just be it is more of a day out but without the edge of promotion or relegation to stir things up which has been our natural environment since I started watching back in the late 70s. Who knows! 

But we do have the "edge" of challenging for Europe, Cups, mixing it with the best in the country at the moment. Any other set of fans in England would be absolutely buzzing - instead we have hundreds walking out before 90 minutes are even up in an early kick-off while we're pushing for a winner against Chelsea. Baffling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Five years ago when we were a newly-promoted team, underdogs and the Premier League was still a novelty to some. Now, with solid seasons and incredible success since, I don't see a struggle making the crowd noisier in a positive way.

oh, it can.   You just have to get near the end, when it dawns on people you really can go down.

The last time I remember this clearly happening was 2006-07.

We were chugging along mid table in the 2nd Division, looking fairly safe, with 9 games left (of 46).

The atmosphere at home that season was rubbish, I seem to remember.

Then we drew 1 and lost 4 of our next 5 games, and were sliding towards trouble.  

Still the atmoshere was pretty rubbish, as nothing to worry about, as we still had our game in hand at home to Birmingham City - and win that and we'd be looking pretty.

Half time 2-0 down at home to Brum, and suddenly the Leicester crowd thought "shit, we're in real trouble".    It was like the penny suddenly dropped.  The crowd was much, much better in the 2nd half, really got behind the team, we got a goal back, but couldn't get another one.   Lost 2-1, but at least now everyone knew we were well and truly in the shit, and the atmosphere had completely changed.   Really positive support.

Next match was away to Preston - fantastic vocal backing by the 1300 there, and we won with a last minute goal.   Nearly safe, although not quite..

Next match - more great support - another noisy 4200 at Barnsley, and we won 1-0 to save ourselves.

Then got stuffed by Wolves in our last match at home, but it didn't matter by then.

The point I'm making ... that season the atmosphere was absolutely crap, until we realised we were in real trouble.   Then it massively picked up.

Obviously I don't want us to get involved in a relegation a battle.   Well, not just yet, anyway!

• Like 2